CSNbbs
Why hasn't Marcus been removed from the team yet? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Future Members (/forum-1020.html)
+----- Forum: UCF (/forum-442.html)
+----- Thread: Why hasn't Marcus been removed from the team yet? (/thread-576550.html)

Why hasn't Marcus been removed from the team yet? - TampaKnight - 07-02-2012 08:03 PM

Donnie Jones needs to remove the yeast from our roster before it leavens the whole lump.

RE: Why hasn't Marcus been removed from the team yet? - CommuterBob - 07-02-2012 10:36 PM

For a drunk and disorderly? MarJ is in a lot less trouble than JJ Worton is in. You want Worton gone, too? if it were any other kid on the team and not Jordan's son, do you think this even makes press?

RE: Why hasn't Marcus been removed from the team yet? - TampaKnight - 07-03-2012 12:27 PM

These players don't deserve preferential treatment, Bob. I wanted Worton gone at the time of his arrest, too. I don't want my program to be known for pardoning criminals and troublemakers.

RE: Why hasn't Marcus been removed from the team yet? - CommuterBob - 07-03-2012 01:05 PM

(07-03-2012 12:27 PM)TampaKnight Wrote:  These players don't deserve preferential treatment, Bob. I wanted Worton gone at the time of his arrest, too. I don't want my program to be known for pardoning criminals and troublemakers.

Fair enough. I don't want to be like the Gators either. FWIW - MarJ tweeted early this morning that he was expecting to play 1 more year.

RE: Why hasn't Marcus been removed from the team yet? - atsKnight - 07-04-2012 08:32 AM

(07-03-2012 01:05 PM)CommuterBob Wrote:  
(07-03-2012 12:27 PM)TampaKnight Wrote:  These players don't deserve preferential treatment, Bob. I wanted Worton gone at the time of his arrest, too. I don't want my program to be known for pardoning criminals and troublemakers.

Fair enough. I don't want to be like the Gators either. FWIW - MarJ tweeted early this morning that he was expecting to play 1 more year.

I'm glad that he plans on coming back, but I am worried that he is spiraling downward. Best case scenario: Marcus serves as a placeholder as Walker gets comfortable at the college level and Newell waits to get eligible. Walker & Newell are good enough to heavily eat into his minutes and Marcus is providing an offensive spark off the bench at the end of the year.

RE: Why hasn't Marcus been removed from the team yet? - KnightLight - 07-07-2012 08:11 AM

(07-03-2012 12:27 PM)TampaKnight Wrote:  These players don't deserve preferential treatment, Bob. I wanted Worton gone at the time of his arrest, too.

Fine...start up your own program...no one is stopping you.

PS. How are your USF Bulls doing?

RE: Why hasn't Marcus been removed from the team yet? - TampaKnight - 07-07-2012 03:01 PM

(07-07-2012 08:11 AM)KnightLight Wrote:  
(07-03-2012 12:27 PM)TampaKnight Wrote:  These players don't deserve preferential treatment, Bob. I wanted Worton gone at the time of his arrest, too.

Fine...start up your own program...no one is stopping you.

PS. How are your USF Bulls doing?

Don't really have the resources or experience to just start a football program at this very exact moment.

And if you want to continue accusing me of being a Bulls fan, why don't you take it up with the other moderation staff? It is a very serious thing to lie to the administration of the message board about being a fan/student of a specific school (UCF), and actually be a fan of a supposed 'rival' institution (USF).

Otherwise, please cut the crap. I want accountability for my school's athletics program. That isn't a bad thing by any means.

RE: Why hasn't Marcus been removed from the team yet? - Pittstoner74 - 07-22-2012 09:54 AM

I don't like him remaining either. If he was bringing us Championship I would look the other way.But he's just bringing us techs and daddy's money.

RE: Why hasn't Marcus been removed from the team yet? - CokeSlurpee711 - 07-22-2012 07:40 PM

I'm ready for Marcus to exit stage left barring a major turn around which I don't see coming.