CSNbbs
Indiana becomes First State to Allow Citizens to Use Force Against Police - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Indiana becomes First State to Allow Citizens to Use Force Against Police (/thread-573968.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Indiana becomes First State to Allow Citizens to Use Force Against Police - Jugnaut - 06-12-2012 06:48 AM

Link to Story, also has link to law

"Police officers in Indiana are upset over a new law allowing residents to use deadly force against public servants, including law enforcement officers, who unlawfully enter their homes. It was signed by Republican Governor Mitch Daniels in March..."

RE: Indiana becomes First State to Allow Citizens to Use Force Against Police - I'mMoreAwesomeThanYou - 06-12-2012 07:05 AM

(06-12-2012 06:48 AM)Jugnaut Wrote:  Link to Story, also has link to law

"Police officers in Indiana are upset over a new law allowing residents to use deadly force against public servants, including law enforcement officers, who unlawfully enter their homes. It was signed by Republican Governor Mitch Daniels in March..."

I endorse this idea.

RE: Indiana becomes First State to Allow Citizens to Use Force Against Police - SumOfAllFears - 06-12-2012 07:44 AM

Instead of the police respecting the rights of citizens, it is liable to make it more dangerous for citizens.

RE: Indiana becomes First State to Allow Citizens to Use Force Against Police - OLD DIRTY - 06-12-2012 08:38 AM

In Virginia Game Wardens (who'd like to now be called Conservation Officers FYI) can LAWFULLY enter your home without a warrant or cause. They can roll up on you while hunting, take your gun and vehicle/boat to "inspect" for any crimes without any cause.

If they find even a minor crime, they can confiscate everything you have. Virginia messed up and put a right-to-hunt clause in the State Constitution. So now we just sit back and wait until someone is hunting on their own land without a license (lawful), maybe even on a Sunday (unlawful), and gets harassed by a game warden.

Lawmen have became more like Gestapo than "public servants". Laws like Indiana's need to be on the books to keep these wahoo's in check.

RE: Indiana becomes First State to Allow Citizens to Use Force Against Police - smn1256 - 06-12-2012 08:48 AM

I think the cops sometimes need a shorter leash but this isn't the way to do it.

RE: Indiana becomes First State to Allow Citizens to Use Force Against Police - RobertN - 06-12-2012 09:55 AM

(06-12-2012 08:38 AM)OLD DIRTY Wrote:  In Virginia Game Wardens (who'd like to now be called Conservation Officers FYI) can LAWFULLY enter your home without a warrant or cause. They can roll up on you while hunting, take your gun and vehicle/boat to "inspect" for any crimes without any cause.

If they find even a minor crime, they can confiscate everything you have. Virginia messed up and put a right-to-hunt clause in the State Constitution. So now we just sit back and wait until someone is hunting on their own land without a license (lawful), maybe even on a Sunday (unlawful), and gets harassed by a game warden.

Lawmen have became more like Gestapo than "public servants". Laws like Indiana's need to be on the books to keep these wahoo's in check.
I think you should go hunting with Cheney. 05-stirthepot

As for the topic, I can understand both sides but overall, I think it is a bad idea.

RE: Indiana becomes First State to Allow Citizens to Use Force Against Police - Lord Stanley - 06-12-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:...... to Allow Citizens to Use Force Against Police

You first.

RE: Indiana becomes First State to Allow Citizens to Use Force Against Police - Fo Shizzle - 06-12-2012 11:33 AM

If the cops would "serve and protect" the citizens instead of the State, this stuff would not be necessary. I fully support this.

RE: Indiana becomes First State to Allow Citizens to Use Force Against Police - zyxwvutsru - 06-12-2012 11:35 AM

Combine this law with the one in Texas where a person doesn't have to warn an intruder before shooting, and you have duck hunt with cops...

RE: Indiana becomes First State to Allow Citizens to Use Force Against Police - Fo Shizzle - 06-12-2012 11:36 AM

(06-12-2012 07:05 AM)ImMoreAwesomeThanYou Wrote:  

I endorse this idea.

Yes...Get a warrant or stay the hell out of my home. It is high time legal "home invasion" be stopped.

RE: Indiana becomes First State to Allow Citizens to Use Force Against Police - Hambone10 - 06-12-2012 11:46 AM

Well, it's pretty hard for someone in the heat if the moment to know who is police and whom is merely claiming to be police. If you are generally a law abiding citizen and your offense is relatively minor, or at least not dangerous... I.e. not using a weapon, then the presumption when someone kicks in your door is that they are there to hurt you and not arrest you. This merely extends the castle doctrine. It doesn't make it right to shoot someone, but you aren't a criminal for defending your home.. If that is all you are doing. Heretofore, if the police make a mistake and kick in your door and you think they are a burglar and shoot them, you are probably charged with a capital offense

RE: Indiana becomes First State to Allow Citizens to Use Force Against Police - MileHighBronco - 06-12-2012 11:53 AM

We see police kicking in the wrong doors and fatally shooting people on a regular basis across the nation. Oops. They rarely face any blowback for their fatal mistake. This law may backfire, though.

Don't think it is a very good idea. But, I guess, maybe it might make the cops a bit more careful.

RE: Indiana becomes First State to Allow Citizens to Use Force Against Police - Hambone10 - 06-12-2012 12:01 PM

I am not 100% comfortable with this... But I am less comfortable with police kicking in the wrong doors with impunity, or crooks claiming to be police....

If you are police kicking in a door, you are probably doing it. Ecsuse you think the occupants are dangerous. If they really are, they're going to shoot back anyway. In my mind, all this does I'd decriminalize a tragic mistake brought on by a mistake by the police. If they meant to kick in your door, then it is hard to argue you were defending your castle. You probably know they are looking for you.

RE: Indiana becomes First State to Allow Citizens to Use Force Against Police - SuperFlyBCat - 06-12-2012 12:48 PM

(06-12-2012 11:36 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  
(06-12-2012 07:05 AM)ImMoreAwesomeThanYou Wrote:  

I endorse this idea.

Yes...Get a warrant or stay the hell out of my home. It is high time legal "home invasion" be stopped.

04-bow

RE: Indiana becomes First State to Allow Citizens to Use Force Against Police - Rebel - 06-12-2012 01:10 PM

(06-12-2012 11:35 AM)zyxwvutsru Wrote:  Combine this law with the one in Texas where a person doesn't have to warn an intruder before shooting, and you have duck hunt with cops...

Why would I want to warn an intruder? If I warn him, and my gun misfires, he can take me out. If I fire first, it misfires, I can still get a round off before he realizes he's just been fired upon.

I ain't warning sh*t. 05-stirthepot

RE: Indiana becomes First State to Allow Citizens to Use Force Against Police - RobertN - 06-12-2012 01:19 PM

(06-12-2012 01:10 PM)Rebel Wrote:  
(06-12-2012 11:35 AM)zyxwvutsru Wrote:  Combine this law with the one in Texas where a person doesn't have to warn an intruder before shooting, and you have duck hunt with cops...

Why would I want to warn an intruder? If I warn him, and my gun misfires, he can take me out. If I fire first, it misfires, I can still get a round off before he realizes he's just been fired upon.

Yes we know Rebs. You love killing people. You get off on it.

RE: Indiana becomes First State to Allow Citizens to Use Force Against Police - Rebel - 06-12-2012 01:24 PM

(06-12-2012 01:19 PM)RobertN Wrote:  
(06-12-2012 01:10 PM)Rebel Wrote:  

Yes we know Rebs. You love killing people. You get off on it.

Some people need killin'.

RE: Indiana becomes First State to Allow Citizens to Use Force Against Police - ClairtonPanther - 06-12-2012 01:36 PM

Can't say that I 100% support this law either. Yes I think there should be more done to Police that bust down the wrong door. But don't think that this is exactly the answer either.

RE: Indiana becomes First State to Allow Citizens to Use Force Against Police - OLD DIRTY - 06-12-2012 01:45 PM

(06-12-2012 09:55 AM)RobertN Wrote:  I think you should go hunting with Cheney. 05-stirthepot

Because I support the 4th amendment (as well as the 2nd)?

RE: Indiana becomes First State to Allow Citizens to Use Force Against Police - Hambone10 - 06-12-2012 03:55 PM

Understand that this doesn't make it okay to shoot cops... It just applies the castle doctrine to police making a mistake as well as any other intruder

The idea being... If the police accidentally storm your house and in the heat of the confusion, you shoot one... You aren't assumed to be guilty just because he Was a cop