CSNbbs
MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+----- Forum: Sun Belt Smack Talk (/forum-309.html)
+----- Thread: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll (/thread-570951.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - ark30inf - 05-19-2012 04:12 PM

(05-19-2012 04:07 PM)Side Show Joe Wrote:  
(05-19-2012 11:25 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(05-19-2012 11:22 AM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  think about how we Sun Belt fans are going to feel about this before you post it.

I think they are.

Not everyone. I didn't vote or post on that thread.

Yeah, I'm trying not to let that guy influence my opinion of UNT.

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - FIUFanatic - 05-19-2012 04:47 PM

(05-19-2012 04:03 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(05-19-2012 03:46 PM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  
(05-19-2012 03:38 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(05-19-2012 03:32 PM)FIUFanatic Wrote:  01-wingedeagle Wow. Talk about pointless and fragile sensibilities.....03-weeping

Don't worry, you'll look good putting up your makeup and wearing those high heels....

In the unlikely event that ECU and USM leave for the Big East and UTEP heads to the MWC with Texas State and UTSA then you can come ask to see us in them because you'll be needing a date as bad as we will.

So it is "Rah rah sun belt!" except if ECU and USM makes space in CUSA for you? 03-lmfao I thought it was said CUSA would be less appealing with those 2 gone.

You sound like an ad for erectile dysfunction, "conditions apply". 03-lmfao

Yeah, I'm sure CUSA will be more appealing with ECU and USM gone 01-wingedeagle

As for conditions applying? That's already been made clear....if the core SBC schools start to bail and there is an effort to kill the SBC then it's either a Grant of Rights or you have to try to outrun the slowest guy. I'd prefer that we just do a Grant of Rights and add App State and Georgia Southern and put a period on it. If my choice today were that...or CUSA...I'd take the Grant of Rights and stability in the SBC right now.

You want so badly for us to be jealous, or to moan over FIU leaving. We're not. It's not going to happen. If I had a choice of taking back FIU or UNT I'd take UNT in a heartbeat. If I had a choice taking back FIU or getting App State right now....I'd take App State right now. If I had the choice of getting FIU back and losing WKU then I'd keep WKU right now. If I was promised FIU and ODU to get rid of ULL I'd still be eating gumbo.

Get over it.

Why does this guy take things so personally....Geez... LOL. Talking from both sides of his mouth and making up things on the go.

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - ark30inf - 05-19-2012 04:53 PM

(05-19-2012 04:47 PM)FIUFanatic Wrote:  Why does this guy take things so personally....Geez... LOL. Talking from both sides of his mouth and making up things on the go.

I always laughed at the fans so worried about what the fans of a conference they wanted to JOIN thought of them.

But I never thought I'd see fans so concerned about what the fans of a conference they wanted to LEAVE thought of them.

[Image: sally-field-oscar-1985-black-dress-academy-award.jpg]

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - FIUFanatic - 05-19-2012 05:04 PM

(05-19-2012 04:53 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(05-19-2012 04:47 PM)FIUFanatic Wrote:  Why does this guy take things so personally....Geez... LOL. Talking from both sides of his mouth and making up things on the go.

I always laughed at the fans so worried about what the fans of a conference they wanted to JOIN thought of them.

But I never thought I'd see fans so concerned about what the fans of a conference they wanted to LEAVE thought of them.

[Image: sally-field-oscar-1985-black-dress-academy-award.jpg]

??01-wingedeagle This might be further confirmation you leave in your own world....puzzling comments.....

But hey, keep wearing the lipstick and put on those shiny heels....LOL.

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - ark30inf - 05-19-2012 05:30 PM

(05-19-2012 05:04 PM)FIUFanatic Wrote:  
(05-19-2012 04:53 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  

??01-wingedeagle This might be further confirmation you leave in your own world....puzzling comments.....

But hey, keep wearing the lipstick and put on those shiny heels....LOL.

I'm not the guy out stalking your school's message boards looking for evidence to prove to myself that you somehow, deep down, care about my school and what it does. Though I guess technically...stalking The Den already shows you care about stAte more than I care about FIU.

What really irks you about me is that I respect UNT's decision but not FIU's. You can tolerate a general SBC whine about the schools who are leaving because you can get a little thrill thinking of it as jealousy. But you can't tolerate someone reasoning out a separation between UNT and FIU's decisions.

That's why you are focusing on me. You have to convince yourself that my reasoning is merely some sort of hatred for FIU or jealousy...or ANYTHING but an honest opinion that FIU's decision was shallow.

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - FIUFanatic - 05-19-2012 06:03 PM

Huh? Wow....You are really living your own little story. You must be confusing people in your ire and diatribes....Learn to distinguish who you are responding to.... Your attempt at psychoanalysis is cheap and far off. (hope you are not a psychologist...04-rock).

Believe me, if someone doesn't agree with you it doesn't mean that persons hate you or any dumb rationalization you might think of. Get that out of your mind and be happy. Deal with life, don't make up stories, and don't change your posture .... wear your best high heels just in case your opportunity arises.. FIU4Ever got you on your double talk, and it seems you have a hard time with that.

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - ark30inf - 05-19-2012 06:57 PM

(05-19-2012 06:03 PM)FIUFanatic Wrote:  Huh? Wow....You are really living your own little story. You must be confusing people in your ire and diatribes....Learn to distinguish who you are responding to.... Your attempt at psychoanalysis is cheap and far off. (hope you are not a psychologist...04-rock).

Believe me, if someone doesn't agree with you it doesn't mean that persons hate you or any dumb rationalization you might think of. Get that out of your mind and be happy. Deal with life, don't make up stories, and don't change your posture .... wear your best high heels just in case your opportunity arises.. FIU4Ever got you on your double talk, and it seems you have a hard time with that.

Nah, if I were just hating I would be hating on both schools that left. You are just uncomfortable that my opinion doesn't fit with what you want to think of your school and that it can't be easily dismissed as jealousy because I don't hold the same opinion on UNT. Which is the reason for ad-hominem attacks, message board stalking, and derision.

Personally, I'm not sure why it matters so much to you because your fan base has a lot of other things to worry about coming up other than what the SBC thinks of you.

I celebrated the day Idaho left and USU left and never thought another thing about either one of them. Guess what...they didn't give a flip what I, or anybody else in the Sun Belt thought.

You're just going to have to wean yourself away from needing my approval.

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - FIUFanatic - 05-19-2012 07:58 PM

Your premises, being wrong, lead you to erroneous conclusions. Again, read and know who you are responding to, since you are making a mistake. Love the new term "message board stalker". I guess when you lose an argument, you have to resort to new concepts. Gotta give it to you, you not only change your posture and make contradicting statements on SBC and loyalties to it, but also have a pretty creative mind.....

There are people that disagree with your positions, and you have to learn to cope with that fact. It's not personal. Just because you think something, doesn't mean the whole conference thinks the same way. Sorry.

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - ark30inf - 05-19-2012 08:05 PM

(05-19-2012 07:58 PM)FIUFanatic Wrote:  Your premises, being wrong, lead you to erroneous conclusions. Again, read and know who you are responding to, since you are making a mistake. Love the new term "message board stalker". I guess when you lose an argument, you have to resort to new concepts. Gotta give it to you, you not only change your posture and make contradicting statements on SBC and loyalties to it, but also have a pretty creative mind.....

There are people that disagree with your positions, and you have to learn to cope with that fact. It's not personal. Just because you think something, doesn't mean the whole conference thinks the same way. Sorry.

I'm sure there are some SBC fans weeping in the basement over the loss of FIU. You can now feel better.

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - FIUFanatic - 05-19-2012 08:12 PM

What's the topic again? LOL. Wow.

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - FIU4Ever - 05-19-2012 08:37 PM

(05-19-2012 08:05 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(05-19-2012 07:58 PM)FIUFanatic Wrote:  Your premises, being wrong, lead you to erroneous conclusions. Again, read and know who you are responding to, since you are making a mistake. Love the new term "message board stalker". I guess when you lose an argument, you have to resort to new concepts. Gotta give it to you, you not only change your posture and make contradicting statements on SBC and loyalties to it, but also have a pretty creative mind.....

I'm sure there are some SBC fans weeping in the basement over the loss of FIU. You can now feel better.

You are a hypocrite, plain and simple. You are plotting a way out of the conference while telling others that they are disloyal to the conference for doing the same. Continue trying to change the subject, maybe eventually you will succeed. In the mean time continue hiking up that skirt and rocking them heels. 03-lmfao

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - Tiguar - 05-19-2012 08:40 PM

Useless troll thread.

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - ark30inf - 05-19-2012 09:26 PM

(05-19-2012 08:37 PM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  

You are a hypocrite, plain and simple. You are plotting a way out of the conference while telling others that they are disloyal to the conference for doing the same. Continue trying to change the subject, maybe eventually you will succeed. In the mean time continue hiking up that skirt and rocking them heels. 03-lmfao

I suggest you go in a room and draw a picture of me as you imagine me. Make me look real mean and nasty. Then stare at it and repeat over and over how awful I am until you convince yourself that such a meanie couldn't possibly have a real opinion that wasn't just hate and jealousy.

Go ahead. I really don't mind.

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - FIU4Ever - 05-19-2012 09:44 PM

(05-19-2012 09:26 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  

I suggest you go in a room and draw a picture of me as you imagine me. Make me look real mean and nasty. Then stare at it and repeat over and over how awful I am until you convince yourself that such a meanie couldn't possibly have a real opinion that wasn't just hate and jealousy.

Still trying to change the subject? It would be easier for you to change your high heels.

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - Fanof49ASU - 05-19-2012 09:46 PM

Somebody move this to the smack board.

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - ark30inf - 05-19-2012 10:25 PM

(05-19-2012 09:44 PM)FIU4Ever Wrote:  
(05-19-2012 09:26 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  

Still trying to change the subject? It would be easier for you to change your high heels.

Hit me again babe. I can take it all night.

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - AlaIllTex - 05-19-2012 11:53 PM

(05-19-2012 09:46 PM)Fanof49ASU Wrote:  Somebody move this to the smack board.

Can we move it to CUSA's smack board?

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - TrojanCampaign - 05-20-2012 12:30 AM

And I used to be the bad guy when I said something about MG lol. It would actually be hilarious what he would say about the Sun Belt if the conference USA board was on a different website.

I'm personally ready for all this garbage to be over with so Troy football can get back to business.

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - TroyFootball05 - 05-20-2012 12:35 AM

A lot of butthurt folks in this thread.

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - Sultan of Euphonistan - 05-20-2012 02:08 AM

(05-19-2012 04:06 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(05-19-2012 03:49 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(05-19-2012 03:26 PM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(05-19-2012 11:58 AM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(05-19-2012 11:48 AM)MG61 Wrote:  Whats tacky about it ? It's a discussion that high lights two Sun Belt schools. Stick your head in the sand if you wish, but there is a fan discussion going on. Geeze.

Whatever.

If you aren't in the SEC, Big 12, Pac 12, or Big 10 then you are on the outside. Won't really matter that much.

The Big 4 are setting it up for a defacto reclassification.

At some point, all of the schools of the Big East, MWC, CUSA, SBC, ACC, and any FCS school that ever hopes to progress.....are going to have to band together and use whatever means they have to rebel.

And the way we band together is with scheduling. The AQers make MILLIONS off of us with their guarantee games. Simply announce that in the event of a lockout in the BCS, the guarantee required for a home only game will be 3 million bucks per game.

Yeah, but they are already contemplating that potential which is part of why you see the talk about scheduling alliances between Big10/Pac12 and SEC/Big12. That way they don't have to let even those crumbs fall off the table.

Ultimately it will have to get into the courts or the political arena if it goes too far and a solid bloc in the NCAA.

Truth is that we could be bought off pretty cheaply. If we end up with an unfair system that gives us double the dollars....we'll probably all jump right on board and take the bribe and use the extra money.

It's a matter of whether they are too greedy to even cut us in on the deal a little bit. I suspect that yes...they are that greedy. The NMSU/Idaho thing leads me to believe that they'll risk a backlash for just a few dollars more.

AQ teams aren't going to seven or eight home games if they aren't playing us. And they can't qualify for bowls (which will still exist and matter) if they double or triple up on FCS teams.

Lets just get the non-BCS conferences (which will include the Big East) to band together to hit them where it counts. In the pocketbook.

Finally, if they change the NCAA rules so that they don't have to accomodate us in their playoff, which would effectively be a new classification, then I say that the Big East, CUSA, MWC, ACC (who looks like they will be left out of a 4 team playoff), Sun Belt, MAC, and independents simply LEAVE the NCAA for football! Start paying players a reasonable stipend and have a friggin' 16 team playoff. The NCAA can never get agreement on either of those items because of the stupid Pac 12 - B1G insistence on the stupid Rose Bowl.

Here's how it would go down.

1) All schools in the Sun Belt, MAC, CUSA, MWC, independents, ACC, and Big East form their own non-NCAA alliance for football. Tell the NCAA that we will take all of our sports out of the NCAA if they sanction us in other sports.

2) Home only games for members of the new group at NCAA AQ conference teams will cost 3 million dollars.

3) We will allow for a reasonable stipend for our players and have a playoff. Watch for the NCAA AQ to get hammered in recruiting.

4) Form an alliance for programming. Tell ESPN that unless they play ball with us, they will get NONE of our programming. Send it to the new NBC Sports of Fox National Sports channels instead, who could build a national sports network rivalling ESPN with our content.

Yea good luck with that ask leagues like the UFL how things go when you lack the brand names. This would be a great way to ruin yourself though. Here is a hint-they don't need us. They don't really need any of the current non-AQ leagues. The AQ could break away anytime they want if they thought it was worth the trouble (thankfully it isn't) but if we did it to ourselves? They would thank us and send us on their way and laugh their way to the bank since that is so many schools they no longer need to share with.