CSNbbs
MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SunBeltbbs (/forum-317.html)
+---- Forum: Sun Belt Conference Talk (/forum-296.html)
+----- Forum: Sun Belt Smack Talk (/forum-309.html)
+----- Thread: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll (/thread-570951.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - MG61 - 05-19-2012 09:49 AM

So, what if ?05-stirthepot

FAN POLL THREAD
http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=570886

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - ark30inf - 05-19-2012 10:34 AM

I would suspect the result of that what-if to be that it would suddenly be all roses and beer for MTSU and WKU. Like a paradise with tv money falling from the sky and the bodies of ECU and USM players left scattered around the field after games. I predict that they would both be national powerhouses within two years with their own national networks and Gameday struggling to choose which one to go to every weekend.

Of course every paradise has it's serpent.....and in this case I think it's going to be UNCC. That will be pretty awesome, seeing MTSU and WKU in classic titanic battles for supremacy with UNCC. Unfortunately...I think UNCC is going to just be too much to overcome most years.

But hey, the free Bubble-Up and Rainbow Stew they hand out at CUSA tailgates will make it worthwhile even if UNCC gets all the glory.

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - Tom in Lazybrook - 05-19-2012 10:39 AM

(05-19-2012 09:49 AM)MG61 Wrote:  So, what if ?05-stirthepot

FAN POLL THREAD

So is CUSA going to 32 teams?

How much money is there going to be for a TV contract featuring UTSA vs. UAB?

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - ark30inf - 05-19-2012 10:53 AM

(05-19-2012 10:39 AM)Tom in Lazybrook Wrote:  
(05-19-2012 09:49 AM)MG61 Wrote:  So, what if ?05-stirthepot

FAN POLL THREAD

So is CUSA going to 32 teams?

How much money is there going to be for a TV contract featuring UTSA vs. UAB?

Hell man...just think of the epic UAB/Tulane game. The "No You Can't Have a Stadium" battle.

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - AlaIllTex - 05-19-2012 11:00 AM

That's great. Maybe we can have a poll about which of their programs we think are $@# and go post it over there. I'll start off: UAB, Rice, Tulane, UTSA, Charlotte. I really like USM and ECU and hope they get in a "better" league or join ours.

I like MTSU and WKU and hope they continue to grow with us.

Consider the pot stirred.

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - ark30inf - 05-19-2012 11:07 AM

After WKU and MTSU join CUSA they will get to go around to other conferences message boards.

"Hey baby, I got myself in a conference that used to have TCU and Houston and UCF and USF in it. Ain't I something! If you take a little sniff you can almost sort of still smell their aroma on me."

That'll feel good for a while which is a positive.

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - Burn the Horse - 05-19-2012 11:22 AM

This is a tacky thread. Oh we're leaving the brotherhood but want eveyone to respect us as being members for this last year, but then we're going to post threads about our situation and try to stir up crap about others possibly jumping ship with us.

C'mon guys, think about how we Sun Belt fans are going to feel about this before you post it. Use your head.

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - ark30inf - 05-19-2012 11:25 AM

(05-19-2012 11:22 AM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  think about how we Sun Belt fans are going to feel about this before you post it.

I think they are.

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - MG61 - 05-19-2012 11:48 AM

(05-19-2012 11:22 AM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  This is a tacky thread. Oh we're leaving the brotherhood but want eveyone to respect us as being members for this last year, but then we're going to post threads about our situation and try to stir up crap about others possibly jumping ship with us.

C'mon guys, think about how we Sun Belt fans are going to feel about this before you post it. Use your head.

Whats tacky about it ? It's a discussion that high lights two Sun Belt schools. Stick your head in the sand if you wish, but there is a fan discussion going on. Geeze.

P.S. Get real, the Sun Belt is an athletic conference and not a brotherhood.

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - ark30inf - 05-19-2012 11:58 AM

(05-19-2012 11:48 AM)MG61 Wrote:  
(05-19-2012 11:22 AM)Burn the Horse Wrote:  This is a tacky thread. Oh we're leaving the brotherhood but want eveyone to respect us as being members for this last year, but then we're going to post threads about our situation and try to stir up crap about others possibly jumping ship with us.

Whats tacky about it ? It's a discussion that high lights two Sun Belt schools. Stick your head in the sand if you wish, but there is a fan discussion going on. Geeze.

Whatever.

If you aren't in the SEC, Big 12, Pac 12, or Big 10 then you are on the outside. Won't really matter that much.

The Big 4 are setting it up for a defacto reclassification.

At some point, all of the schools of the Big East, MWC, CUSA, SBC, ACC, and any FCS school that ever hopes to progress.....are going to have to band together and use whatever means they have to rebel.

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - TroyFootball05 - 05-19-2012 12:01 PM

You know, the sunbelt would have been close to the strongest, if not the strongest, of the five or six lower tier conferences, if everyone wasn't so willing to leave. We had (and still to a lesser degree) strength in the palm of our hands. If middle and WKU leave, who's to say the new CUSA would be any stronger than the sunbelt if MTSU, WKU, FIU, and UNT were still here.

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - SpaceRaider - 05-19-2012 12:05 PM

Adam Sparks of the DNJ has obtained three months of Massaro/McPhee emails (140+) via a public records request and promised an article Sunday regarding realignment. Ought to be interesting.

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - ark30inf - 05-19-2012 12:07 PM

(05-19-2012 12:01 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  You know, the sunbelt would have been close to the strongest, if not the strongest, of the five or six lower tier conferences, if everyone wasn't so willing to leave. We had (and still to a lesser degree) strength in the palm of our hands. If middle and WKU leave, who's to say the new CUSA would be any stronger than the sunbelt if MTSU, WKU, FIU, and UNT were still here.

It's conference realignment.

CUSA has a small window when they are living off of the persona of the former CUSA. They are taking advantage of that small window because it will be gone when the new CUSA takes the field and people actually get a sense of what it is.

I don't blame UNT for making the lateral move because it puts them into a similar conference....but with regional rivals that will improve their attendance and fan interest.

FIU on the other hand is more typical and it's more of a lateral move for them...except for losing the FAU rivalry and travel partner.

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - Atlanta Trojan - 05-19-2012 01:02 PM

Whatever happens happens is how I see it...The SBC will survive with or without WKU and MTSU...And who knows we may become stronger because of it....

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - FIU4Ever - 05-19-2012 01:11 PM

(05-19-2012 12:07 PM)ark30inf Wrote:  
(05-19-2012 12:01 PM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  You know, the sunbelt would have been close to the strongest, if not the strongest, of the five or six lower tier conferences, if everyone wasn't so willing to leave. We had (and still to a lesser degree) strength in the palm of our hands. If middle and WKU leave, who's to say the new CUSA would be any stronger than the sunbelt if MTSU, WKU, FIU, and UNT were still here.

It's conference realignment.

CUSA has a small window when they are living off of the persona of the former CUSA. They are taking advantage of that small window because it will be gone when the new CUSA takes the field and people actually get a sense of what it is.

I don't blame UNT for making the lateral move because it puts them into a similar conference....but with regional rivals that will improve their attendance and fan interest.

FIU on the other hand is more typical and it's more of a lateral move for them...except for losing the FAU rivalry and travel partner.

ark30inf(arkst.com) Wrote:It makes me nervous to see nobody below us ready to rise up and knowing conference realignment is not going to be finished after this. We better get our hair fixed real pretty and put on lipstick and get the high heels on as fast as possible and maybe lift our dress a little......look out for ourselves....just to be safe.
ark30inf(arkst.com) Wrote:We also are one of only two FBS programs in our state. Whether we do anything with that advantage is the question. So far we haven't been able to really.
ark30inf(arkst.com) Wrote:May be, but I don't think realignment is over and the next wave could hurt a lot more than this one. We better be prepared to be in a position to look attractive and look out for ourselves when it arrives.

This sounds like a fan willing to change his tune quickly if an invite comes. BTH, I'd keep on eye on these guys if ark30inf is representative of the fan base, his lips are saying all the right things about belt loyalty but his eyes are wandering. 03-shhhh

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - FIUFanatic - 05-19-2012 01:37 PM

Agree with '4Ever. Talking from both sides of the mouth....and talking a lot....is never a good indicator.

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - MTPiKapp - 05-19-2012 01:42 PM

(05-19-2012 01:02 PM)Atlanta Trojan Wrote:  Whatever happens happens is how I see it...The SBC will survive with or without WKU and MTSU...And who knows we may become stronger because of it....

I'd be interested to hear how a conference might become stronger with losing two of the best funded and best overall performing programs...

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - Burn the Horse - 05-19-2012 01:59 PM

(05-19-2012 11:48 AM)MG61 Wrote:  Whats tacky about it ? It's a discussion that high lights two Sun Belt schools. Stick your head in the sand if you wish, but there is a fan discussion going on. Geeze.

P.S. Get real, the Sun Belt is an athletic conference and not a brotherhood.

It's tacky because UNT and FIU fans got all pissy because they were being left out of Sun Belt discussions and demanded we include yall in them because, "we're still Sun Belt programs until after this season." Then we find threads from the departing fanbases popping up talking about, "hey guys, you and you may be cool enough to jump ship with us and ditch the Belt...are you excited?" That's bs. You knew when you posted it we'd get angry about it (hence the 05-stirthepot emoticon), so don't act like our responses are so shocking and uncalled for.

Either say your still one of us and act like it, or admit to being completely C-USA biased at this point and don't complain when the community regards you as such. It's one way or the other.

I have no beef with either program for leaving, I just don't like the two-faced manner in which SOME are acting. I represent the fanbases loyal to the Sun Belt, and I have no issue with standing that ground proudly.

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - FIUFanatic - 05-19-2012 02:06 PM

BTH, I don't know why you include FIU fans getting "pissy". I don't recall any of us making any derogatory comments n or any of the stuff you just wrote up there. Even though I am still considering myself a Sun Belt team for at least a year, it is obvious you and and some others feel slighted by our administrations' decision to move to the CUSA much more so than what any of us say or write (or don't say or don't write in our case), and don't feel we are part of the SBC. That's wrong.

Let's move on.

RE: MT/WKU Lead The Way In CUSA Fan Poll - AlaIllTex - 05-19-2012 02:12 PM

FWIW, I think CUSA is done expanding. By the way, how's that whole alliance thing going?