CSNbbs
why Bobby Petrino out at Ark is a great thing for UAB - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: Archives (/forum-383.html)
+------- Forum: BlazerTalk Archives (/forum-791.html)
+------- Thread: why Bobby Petrino out at Ark is a great thing for UAB (/thread-565262.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

why Bobby Petrino out at Ark is a great thing for UAB - Memphis Blazer - 04-10-2012 07:44 PM

First, don't worry about Mcgee leaving. He's about to hit the mother lode. There will be a lot of pissed of arkansas players looking to transfer. They will turn to their former Offensive Coordinator. Mcgee would have been reluctant to take players from arkansas when his mentor was there. Not now. He will welcome them with open arms.

Open the floodgates. Here come the Hawg players!!!

RE: why Bobby Petrino out at Ark is a great thing for UAB - BlazerFire - 04-10-2012 07:52 PM

(04-10-2012 07:44 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  First, don't worry about Mcgee leaving. He's about to hit the mother lode. There will be a lot of pissed of arkansas players looking to transfer. They will turn to their former Offensive Coordinator. Mcgee would have been reluctant to take players from arkansas when his mentor was there. Not now. He will welcome them with open arms.

Open the floodgates. Here come the Hawg players!!!

oh... could we be that fortunate.

RE: why Bobby Petrino out at Ark is a great thing for UAB - Dracorex - 04-10-2012 07:55 PM

wouldn't they all have to sit out 1 year and do we have scholarships for that?

RE: why Bobby Petrino out at Ark is a great thing for UAB - Memphis Blazer - 04-10-2012 08:04 PM

Yes they would probably. And I think we could find scholarships for Sec talent.

RE: why Bobby Petrino out at Ark is a great thing for UAB - Dwarren - 04-10-2012 08:07 PM

What terms did he leave AR on? I dont think there is a coach outside of the SEC who is safe tonight. I think they will take Ar State's Gus Malzone. He was God in highschool FB in AR,

RE: why Bobby Petrino out at Ark is a great thing for UAB - bladhmadh - 04-10-2012 08:09 PM

(04-10-2012 08:07 PM)Dwarren Wrote:  What terms did he leave AR on? I dont think there is a coach outside of the SEC who is safe tonight. I think they will take Ar State's Gus Malzone. He was God in highschool FB in AR,

fired with cause he gets nothing

RE: why Bobby Petrino out at Ark is a great thing for UAB - hooverblazer - 04-10-2012 08:10 PM

(04-10-2012 08:09 PM)bladhmadh Wrote:  
(04-10-2012 08:07 PM)Dwarren Wrote:  What terms did he leave AR on? I dont think there is a coach outside of the SEC who is safe tonight. I think they will take Ar State's Gus Malzone. He was God in highschool FB in AR,

I think he means on what terms did Garrick McGee leave.

RE: why Bobby Petrino out at Ark is a great thing for UAB - Memphis Blazer - 04-10-2012 08:12 PM

Remember Petrino was the one who broke the news congratulating mcgee.

RE: why Bobby Petrino out at Ark is a great thing for UAB - Helena Blazers - 04-10-2012 08:16 PM

Jeff Long said the that Petrino and Dorell had a relationship for along time. Knowing this, do you think McGee wanted out of Arkansas by throwing is name out for a coaching position.

RE: why Bobby Petrino out at Ark is a great thing for UAB - Dwarren - 04-10-2012 08:17 PM

(04-10-2012 08:10 PM)hooverblazer Wrote:  
(04-10-2012 08:09 PM)bladhmadh Wrote:  

I think he means on what terms did Garrick McGee leave.

Thanks Hoover that is what I asking,

RE: why Bobby Petrino out at Ark is a great thing for UAB - hooverblazer - 04-10-2012 08:21 PM

I think the answer to that one is he left on good terms.

RE: why Bobby Petrino out at Ark is a great thing for UAB - BlazeN'Bham - 04-10-2012 08:26 PM

I once had a discussion with a friend where we wondered if Petrino shoved mcgee out the door in order to guarantee paul petrino had a job. But I never came to conclusion bc I wasnt sure of the time frame of the mcgee hiring and all that junk going on at illinois.

RE: why Bobby Petrino out at Ark is a great thing for UAB - BlazerFire - 04-10-2012 08:30 PM

(04-10-2012 08:16 PM)Helena Blazers Wrote:  Jeff Long said the that Petrino and Dorell had a relationship for along time. Knowing this, do you think McGee wanted out of Arkansas by throwing is name out for a coaching position.

I kind of wondered the same thing.

Chances are folks around the athletic department had suspicions.

RE: why Bobby Petrino out at Ark is a great thing for UAB - Dwarren - 04-10-2012 08:31 PM

I had heard he was forced out / fired but didnt know of that was true or not. I feel sorry for who ever coach they steal.

RE: why Bobby Petrino out at Ark is a great thing for UAB - Uncle BLAZER - 04-10-2012 08:33 PM

(04-10-2012 08:30 PM)BlazerFire Wrote:  
(04-10-2012 08:16 PM)Helena Blazers Wrote:  Jeff Long said the that Petrino and Dorell had a relationship for along time. Knowing this, do you think McGee wanted out of Arkansas by throwing is name out for a coaching position.

Hopefully. If McGee wanted out because he knew what was up, it would say a lot about him.

RE: why Bobby Petrino out at Ark is a great thing for UAB - uab blazer 01 - 04-10-2012 08:43 PM

I'll wait until they hire a coach that's not on the Southside before I say this is a great thing for UAB.

RE: why Bobby Petrino out at Ark is a great thing for UAB - mixduptransistor - 04-10-2012 08:50 PM

I'm pretty sure he wanted out because he wanted a head coaching position.

RE: why Bobby Petrino out at Ark is a great thing for UAB - Memphis Blazer - 04-10-2012 08:51 PM

(04-10-2012 08:33 PM)Uncle BLAZER Wrote:  
(04-10-2012 08:30 PM)BlazerFire Wrote:  

Hopefully. If McGee wanted out because he knew what was up, it would say a lot about him.

Uhh I feel pretty sure that McGee wanted out because he wanted to be a head coach somewhere, not because of some moral indignation that someone was having an affair. Remember too that it wasn't until last week that he hired her to the job, long after McGee was gone.

RE: why Bobby Petrino out at Ark is a great thing for UAB - Memphis Blazer - 04-10-2012 08:52 PM

(04-10-2012 08:43 PM)uab blazer 01 Wrote:  I'll wait until they hire a coach that's not on the Southside before I say this is a great thing for UAB.

Do you often worry about things that won't happen.

RE: why Bobby Petrino out at Ark is a great thing for UAB - uab blazer 01 - 04-10-2012 09:15 PM

(04-10-2012 08:52 PM)Memphis Blazer Wrote:  
(04-10-2012 08:43 PM)uab blazer 01 Wrote:  I'll wait until they hire a coach that's not on the Southside before I say this is a great thing for UAB.

Do you often worry about things that won't happen.

Even though you think you are all knowing on all subjects, everything that I have read says McGee is probably going to be first or second on the list of likely candidates. So IMO its more logical to worry about that than possibly getting a few hog transfers a few years down the line. I'm not running around saying he's gone but he is someone they will probably want and that's cause for concern until they make their hire.