CSNbbs
Glad to be a Trojan fan - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: OVCbbs (/forum-17.html)
+---- Forum: Ohio Valley Team Talk (/forum-784.html)
+----- Forum: Little Rock (/forum-291.html)
+----- Thread: Glad to be a Trojan fan (/thread-564909.html)

Glad to be a Trojan fan - MICHAELSPAPPY - 04-07-2012 09:38 PM

And not Fayetteville

RE: Glad to be a Trojan fan - outsideualr - 04-08-2012 09:39 AM

Don't become too complacent. These things happen everywhere with both players and coaches. We've been lucky for a long time with things like this, going all the way back to the Newell days if I recall. Of course your chances are smaller when you only play basketball. With football your odds go way up since you have so many athletes on scholarship.

RE: Glad to be a Trojan fan - mjs - 04-08-2012 10:31 AM

(04-08-2012 09:39 AM)outsideualr Wrote:  Don't become too complacent. These things happen everywhere with both players and coaches. We've been lucky for a long time with things like this, going all the way back to the Newell days if I recall. Of course your chances are smaller when you only play basketball. With football your odds go way up since you have so many athletes on scholarship.

It's more than "luck", although I am certainly aware something could happen tomorrow at UALR. When you bring in athletes with good character you have much less chance of something bad happening. When you bring in athletes with bad character you are taking a risk- you make get lucky and the kid stays out of trouble, but often it comes back to bite you. Same thing with hiring coaches. Everyone knew Petrino's reputation- him being a lying scoundrel didn't surprise me, but a sex scandal did. We took a chance on Wimp Sanderson, and I have to admit I was 100% for it. He had some type of scandal with his secretary at Alabama. Never was clear on the details, and really didn't care. He was always a gentlemen once he got here. Maybe we were lucky, who knows.

RE: Glad to be a Trojan fan - MICHAELSPAPPY - 04-08-2012 02:17 PM

Lightning can strike anywhere, but you avoid the chances of it if your program is known as a straight-up program.

RE: Glad to be a Trojan fan - MICHAELSPAPPY - 04-09-2012 11:20 AM

(04-08-2012 10:31 AM)mjs Wrote:  Everyone knew Petrino's reputation

Evidently he has been a standing joke in the media. They are really piling on. No one seems to like him.

RE: Glad to be a Trojan fan - LRTrojan - 04-09-2012 11:28 AM

(04-09-2012 11:20 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  Evidently he has been a standing joke in the media. They are really piling on. No one seems to like him.

Did you forget about hog fans? They still seem to like him.

RE: Glad to be a Trojan fan - MICHAELSPAPPY - 04-09-2012 11:33 AM

(04-09-2012 11:28 AM)LRTrojan Wrote:  
(04-09-2012 11:20 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  Evidently he has been a standing joke in the media. They are really piling on. No one seems to like him.
Did you forget about hog fans? They still seem to like him.

"in the media"