CSNbbs
ND women's basketball team in Final Four - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: ND women's basketball team in Final Four (/thread-563490.html)

ND women's basketball team in Final Four - TerryD - 03-28-2012 10:53 AM

http://msn.foxsports.com/wcbk/story/Skylar-Diggins-triple-double-lifts-Notre-Dame-Fighting-Irish-into-womens-Final-Four-beat-Maryland-Terrapins-032712

RE: ND women's basketball team in Final Four - quo vadis - 03-28-2012 10:57 AM

(03-28-2012 10:53 AM)TerryD Wrote:  http://msn.foxsports.com/wcbk/story/Skylar-Diggins-triple-double-lifts-Notre-Dame-Fighting-Irish-into-womens-Final-Four-beat-Maryland-Terrapins-032712

UConn is not nearly as strong as they usually are, and the Big East Tournament title game result strikes me as fluky, so it Looks like Notre Dame and Baylor are on a collision course, unfortunately for this great Irish team, Baylor and Griner are probably unbeatable, so expect a second straight finals loss.

Notre Dame's real chance to win the title with this group of girls was last year, you blew a real opportunity to beat a not-so-great Texas AM team.

RE: ND women's basketball team in Final Four - TerryD - 03-28-2012 10:58 AM

But back to back Final Four appearances is not too shabby.

RE: ND women's basketball team in Final Four - quo vadis - 03-28-2012 11:16 AM

(03-28-2012 10:58 AM)TerryD Wrote:  But back to back Final Four appearances is not too shabby.

Nope it sure isn't. 04-cheers

RE: ND women's basketball team in Final Four - Wilkie01 - 03-28-2012 11:25 AM

(03-28-2012 10:58 AM)TerryD Wrote:  But back to back Final Four appearances is not too shabby.

Congratulations 04-cheers

RE: ND women's basketball team in Final Four - bitcruncher - 03-28-2012 01:23 PM

Griner is going to be tough to stop. IMO Baylor is going to take it. But that doesn't detract from the great season enjoyed by the Irish... 04-cheers

RE: ND women's basketball team in Final Four - uconnbaseball - 03-28-2012 04:27 PM

(03-28-2012 10:57 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(03-28-2012 10:53 AM)TerryD Wrote:  http://msn.foxsports.com/wcbk/story/Skylar-Diggins-triple-double-lifts-Notre-Dame-Fighting-Irish-into-womens-Final-Four-beat-Maryland-Terrapins-032712

UConn is not nearly as strong as they usually are, and the Big East Tournament title game result strikes me as fluky, so it Looks like Notre Dame and Baylor are on a collision course, unfortunately for this great Irish team, Baylor and Griner are probably unbeatable, so expect a second straight finals loss.

Notre Dame's real chance to win the title with this group of girls was last year, you blew a real opportunity to beat a not-so-great Texas AM team.

Um, OK. UConn took Notre Dame to overtime in South Bend earlier this year, but you are entitled to your (wrong) opinion. I am expecting a great game.

RE: ND women's basketball team in Final Four - ohio1317 - 03-28-2012 04:36 PM

Congratulations. With all the Big Ten teams done, I'll definitely be rooting for the Irish.

Watching women's college basketball was actually the first college sport I remember following. I had a cousin who played at a division 3 school and to this day I think I've seen more women's division 3 games than I have division 1 games put together in any sport.

In women's basketball Ohio State is the same almost every year. Great in conference play, but no matter the seed (even if its a 1 seed) they lose by the 2nd round (even when lesser Big Ten teams advance beyond). We'll have a new coach next year though so that cycle (for better or worse) I'm guessing will change.

RE: ND women's basketball team in Final Four - TerryD - 03-28-2012 04:37 PM

Just for the record, I made no predictions and gave no opinions about this game.

I never do that.

Pessimist that I am, I always assume the worst before any game involving teams (ND, Steelers, Pirates, Penguins) that I root for.

RE: ND women's basketball team in Final Four - SF Husky - 03-28-2012 05:12 PM

ND is going down :) It is good to see two BE schools in the Final Four even though they have to play each other. This will be a payback game against ND for knocking UCONN out of the final 4 last year. This is also UCONN's 5th straight Final Four.

RE: ND women's basketball team in Final Four - justinslot - 03-28-2012 07:05 PM

Do women's tourney credits work the same as the men's? Except with less money obviously. Curious if the BE does as well with the women's side--obviously there's UConn, but do we regularly place 8, 9 teams in the Big (Ladies') Dance?

RE: ND women's basketball team in Final Four - quo vadis - 03-29-2012 07:01 AM

(03-28-2012 07:05 PM)justinslot Wrote:  Do women's tourney credits work the same as the men's? Except with less money obviously. Curious if the BE does as well with the women's side--obviously there's UConn, but do we regularly place 8, 9 teams in the Big (Ladies') Dance?

This is the second straight year with two teams in the Final 4. Suffice to say we do arguably even better on the women's side than mens side. E.g., the last 10 seasons, really good seasons for our mens b-ball, we have 10 final 4s and 3 national titles. Women have 11 final 4s and 4 national champs.

RE: ND women's basketball team in Final Four - Stookey57 - 04-01-2012 06:11 PM

(03-28-2012 01:23 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Griner is going to be tough to stop. IMO Baylor is going to take it. But that doesn't detract from the great season enjoyed by the Irish... 04-cheers

of cource your going to say baylor mr. b12.