CSNbbs
Sping Ball Thread - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-462.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois Archives (/forum-792.html)
+----- Thread: Sping Ball Thread (/thread-563163.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Sping Ball Thread - 7 - 03-26-2012 12:49 PM

Doeren just had his press conference.

Butler is ready to go
Stingley did move to RB. Sounded like Stone move to CB as well which is a bit odd consistent Davis isn't on the team anymore.
Bass is still on the team.
"Jordan is our quarterback."
Clark's suspension is over.

RE: Sping Ball Thread - HuskieJohn - 03-26-2012 12:55 PM

(03-26-2012 12:49 PM)7 Wrote:  Doeren just had his press conference.

Butler is ready to go
Stingley did move to RB. Sounded like Stone move to CB as well which is a bit odd consistent Davis isn't on the team anymore.
Bass is still on the team.
"Jordan is our quarterback."
Clark's suspension is over.

Did you go to it or was it online?

RE: Sping Ball Thread - 7 - 03-26-2012 12:58 PM

I was just going based off tweets

RE: Sping Ball Thread - HuskieJohn - 03-26-2012 01:05 PM

HW tweet about Doeren on OL Tyler Loos:

Won't see him in the spring, we're going to be careful with him. Doing extremely well in his (knee) rehab.

RE: Sping Ball Thread - HuskieJohn - 03-26-2012 01:06 PM

NIUAthletics tweet
Doeren talking about Lynch..."During our bowl practices, he was one of our most improved players"

RE: Sping Ball Thread - HuskieJohn - 03-26-2012 01:07 PM

HW tweet...Schepler won't practice. Volk had injury this offseason, won't practice. A.J. Sabastiano won't practice (back).

RE: Sping Ball Thread - HuskieJohn - 03-26-2012 01:08 PM

HW tweet...Devon's been cleared. He'll be in the group at MLB with Victor Jacques.

RE: Sping Ball Thread - HuskieJohn - 03-26-2012 01:15 PM

Volk and Loos out for spring ball...

Helps the next guys to get some 1st team snaps in but these two need it more if they are our starters.

RE: Sping Ball Thread - RitzHuskie - 03-26-2012 03:48 PM

Hmmm...a little concerned with Loos as it's been almost a year and thought he would be better by now. The offensive line is a little shaky and could use him.

RE: Sping Ball Thread - HuskieJohn - 03-26-2012 04:01 PM

(03-26-2012 03:48 PM)RitzHuskie Wrote:  Hmmm...a little concerned with Loos as it's been almost a year and thought he would be better by now. The offensive line is a little shaky and could use him.

I think Doeren knows that Loos is the #1 RT this year and he is doing two things...

1. Giving more snaps to find our #2 and make them better.

2. Give all the time possiable to have his knee get to 100%.

With the youth on the OL the teams biggest goal will be to win the MACC not go to a BCS game. If any time for that to be a goal it will be for 2013.

RE: Sping Ball Thread - huskiebob - 03-26-2012 05:31 PM

(03-26-2012 04:01 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  
(03-26-2012 03:48 PM)RitzHuskie Wrote:  Hmmm...a little concerned with Loos as it's been almost a year and thought he would be better by now. The offensive line is a little shaky and could use him.

I think Doeren knows that Loos is the #1 RT this year and he is doing two things...

With the youth on the OL the teams biggest goal will be to win the MACC not go to a BCS game. If any time for that to be a goal it will be for 2013.

I think the coaching staff is excited about Loos' potential. But, it is a stretch to say that a guy that has yet to play here is the #1 at RT. And missing spring ball is going to make it that much harder for Loos to be the starter.

RE: Sping Ball Thread - NIU1981 - 03-26-2012 06:27 PM

They had Loos working at guard some last year so he can play there as well as tackle. Doeren mentioned the following in today's presser: Pitt/Brown at tackle (presumably left), Pegram/Conlon at guard, Ness/Gegner at center, Battaglia/Killian at guard and Krempel/Ott at tackle (presumably right). I still think Volk will start when he gets back and he can play center. The final lineup could look like (left to right) Pitt/Brown, Pegram, Volk, Loos/Battaglia/Killian, Krempel.

RE: Sping Ball Thread - houstonhuskie - 03-26-2012 06:51 PM

i am VERY curious about the stingily move to RB....makes me think they have seen something there, especially to move an LB into that spot. Very intreging.

Love the confidence behind Lynch

sitting volk and loos is nothing....just giving rest and others a chance to get some snaps...

love having butler and clark back in the mix

very curious why davis aint there

Hoping that Bonsai will play the spring game....was worried he was thinking of hanging it up from tidbits on here

Will be interested in who plays center and how they look during the spring...if there is someone other than volk it could sure shore up the line better.

I still think RB is the most interesting player battle to watch.

RE: Sping Ball Thread - MaddDawgz02 - 03-26-2012 06:59 PM

(03-26-2012 04:01 PM)HuskieJohn Wrote:  

Big hit at WR for 2013, but other than that, this team returns a whole ton for 2013.

RE: Sping Ball Thread - 7 - 03-26-2012 07:13 PM

Forgot to post that Sebastino is out for spring practice. That's a killer for him when you consider the talent we have at WR.

RE: Sping Ball Thread - NIU1981 - 03-26-2012 08:37 PM

Anything we get from Stingily will be a bonus. I think they threw him over there as a salvage job since he did absolutely nothing at linebacker at a time when we've been really thin there. But hey, Ed Jackson ended up doing a nice job at o-line so you never know. Sometimes you get a pleasant surprise.

RE: Sping Ball Thread - houstonhuskie - 03-26-2012 09:30 PM

I thought stingily looked good at LB....big promise and was coming along when his achillies blew....thats 12 months rehab easy so it was no surprise he redshirted last year....i fully expected him back full strength this year. I'll go out on a limb and say this move may be a big time positive move for bpoth him and the team....lets review in the fall.

RE: Sping Ball Thread - 7 - 03-26-2012 09:41 PM

Am I the only one who thinks Daniels is in for a big year if he gets enough carries?

RE: Sping Ball Thread - thxjoenovak - 03-26-2012 10:08 PM

(03-26-2012 09:41 PM)7 Wrote:  Am I the only one who thinks Daniels is in for a big year if he gets enough carries?

I like Akeem and we need to get the ball in his hands more. I just don't see him as a "true" RB. I think he's best in "open space". End arounds, screens or in the slot as a WR from time to time.

I could also see him taking Davis' spot as the Punt returner.

Just my $.02......

RE: Sping Ball Thread - huskiebob - 03-26-2012 10:22 PM

(03-26-2012 10:08 PM)thxjoenovak Wrote:  
(03-26-2012 09:41 PM)7 Wrote:  Am I the only one who thinks Daniels is in for a big year if he gets enough carries?

I like Akeem and we need to get the ball in his hands more. I just don't see him as a "true" RB. I think he's best in "open space". End arounds, screens or in the slot as a WR from time to time.

I could also see him taking Davis' spot as the Punt returner.

Just my $.02......

+1

I'm hoping for big things from Womble this year.