CSNbbs
Berry Tramel: To Cheer or Not to Cheer for Louisville (Link) - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ACCbbs (/forum-381.html)
+---- Forum: ACC Atlantic Team Talk (/forum-345.html)
+----- Forum: Louisville: The Cardinal Mafia (/forum-420.html)
+----- Thread: Berry Tramel: To Cheer or Not to Cheer for Louisville (Link) (/thread-562853.html)

Berry Tramel: To Cheer or Not to Cheer for Louisville (Link) - CardinalJim - 03-23-2012 12:00 PM

Another piece from Louisville's Biggest to The Big 12 Cheerleader.
CJ

"I’ve been told by some that the new Big 12 contract with ABC, which extends through 2025, makes expansion more likely, not less likely. I haven’t confirmed that, so who knows. But at a minimum, some in the Big 12 still prefer expansion, and Louisville clearly is next on the list."

Berry Tramel

RE: Berry Tramel: To Cheer or Not to Cheer for Louisville (Link) - Wilkie01 - 03-23-2012 12:06 PM

Very postive remarks by Berry Tramel. But "show me the beef"! 07-coffee3

RE: Berry Tramel: To Cheer or Not to Cheer for Louisville (Link) - BigOwensboroCard - 03-23-2012 12:35 PM

I will believe it when I see it actually happen for every time there seems to be a lot of media ( papers, social sites, etc ) doubt these people with inside connections always come out and say we are next. I am tired of hearing it, and would prefer to see some action taken one way or the other. Is that a lot to ask...I think not.

If the Big12 truly wanted to expand and not go to 12 schools immediately then they would have already done so IMO. I personally think schools like Texas who is so absurd with greed that they don't want no one coming in spoiling what they believe is a good thing. If the majority of the conference wants to expand then there will be nothing the nay-sayers can do but welcome us or who ever into the fold. One way or another they should address the is issue wants the new commish is appointed for other schools need to start thinking long term in which ever direction they are pointed in.

RE: Berry Tramel: To Cheer or Not to Cheer for Louisville (Link) - brista21 - 03-23-2012 12:41 PM

Honestly I think they're planning on waiting for the new permanent commish before inviting anyone else. I fully expect to see Louisville and BYU or Louisville and whomever invited in the summer.

RE: Berry Tramel: To Cheer or Not to Cheer for Louisville (Link) - CardinalJim - 03-23-2012 01:43 PM

I have to laugh. The whiners on the expansion board are beside themselves. The whine that Louisville fans do nothing but talk about The Big 12. We stop visiting that sh*t hole and sure enough they post about Louisville and The Big 12. I hope Louisville fans continue to avoid that board.
CJ

RE: Berry Tramel: To Cheer or Not to Cheer for Louisville (Link) - ClairtonPanther - 03-23-2012 02:11 PM

(03-23-2012 01:43 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  I have to laugh. The whiners on the expansion board are beside themselves. The whine that Louisville fans do nothing but talk about The Big 12. We stop visiting that sh*t hole and sure enough they post about Louisville and The Big 12. I hope Louisville fans continue to avoid that board.
CJ

The expansion board been a waste of time for quite a while. Glad yinz guys realized that a month ago. 04-cheers

RE: Berry Tramel: To Cheer or Not to Cheer for Louisville (Link) - EnterSandman - 03-24-2012 08:58 AM

That board become trash when they moved it from the Big East site. We started it, and that board was really great for a long time, but for whatever reason they moved it, and now its full of kids and trouble makers. (I vote to do away with it, it severs no purpose anymore.)

RE: Berry Tramel: To Cheer or Not to Cheer for Louisville (Link) - ClairtonPanther - 03-24-2012 03:59 PM

It became trash about a month before it was moved. Fans from the outside overran it. Oh well. Just one less board for me to check out.

RE: Berry Tramel: To Cheer or Not to Cheer for Louisville (Link) - bitcruncher - 03-25-2012 05:08 PM

Ain't that the truth, Joey? 03-banghead

RE: Berry Tramel: To Cheer or Not to Cheer for Louisville (Link) - brista21 - 03-25-2012 05:45 PM

(03-24-2012 03:59 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  It became trash about a month before it was moved. Fans from the outside overran it. Oh well. Just one less board for me to check out.

The last month, 6 weeks or so of that being a Big East forum it degenerated into what it is today. It was also infecting the Big East main forum and running out some respected folks who haven't all returned.

RE: Berry Tramel: To Cheer or Not to Cheer for Louisville (Link) - ClairtonPanther - 03-25-2012 06:24 PM

(03-25-2012 05:45 PM)brista21 Wrote:  
(03-24-2012 03:59 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  It became trash about a month before it was moved. Fans from the outside overran it. Oh well. Just one less board for me to check out.

The last month, 6 weeks or so of that being a Big East forum it degenerated into what it is today. It was also infecting the Big East main forum and running out some respected folks who haven't all returned.

I still think the BEboard will be fine in the long run. And all in all, after reading some of these threads myself I don't think its as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

RE: Berry Tramel: To Cheer or Not to Cheer for Louisville (Link) - CardinalJim - 03-26-2012 10:06 AM

(03-25-2012 06:24 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  I still think the BEboard will be fine in the long run. And all in all, after reading some of these threads myself I don't think its as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

The board maybe fine but the conference will suck. The only way to feel otherwise is to be leaving.
CJ

RE: Berry Tramel: To Cheer or Not to Cheer for Louisville (Link) - ClairtonPanther - 03-26-2012 11:44 AM

(03-26-2012 10:06 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  
(03-25-2012 06:24 PM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  I still think the BEboard will be fine in the long run. And all in all, after reading some of these threads myself I don't think its as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

The board maybe fine but the conference will suck. The only way to feel otherwise is to be leaving.
CJ

Can't argue that point. But as we both know, this league just finds a way to prove critics wrong. The question is, who steps to the plate like WVU did and grabs a few BCS wins.

RE: Berry Tramel: To Cheer or Not to Cheer for Louisville (Link) - bitcruncher - 03-26-2012 03:06 PM

(03-26-2012 11:44 AM)ClairtonPanther Wrote:  The question is, who steps to the plate like WVU did and grabs a few BCS wins.
And that is the fundamental question. The Cards have as good a chance as anyone to be the next one to step up...