CSNbbs
What a brutal day ... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Smack Talk (/forum-423.html)
+----- Thread: What a brutal day ... (/thread-559826.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

What a brutal day ... - quo vadis - 03-09-2012 12:33 AM

Both of my teams lose today, and both in freaking overtime? Sweet Jeebus what basketball godz did i offend to deserve this? 03-banghead

RE: What a brutal day ... - TampaKnight - 03-09-2012 12:38 AM

quo, I think you know, but I'm afraid to guess...

RE: What a brutal day ... - monty - 03-09-2012 12:45 AM

2 sec teams lost in overtime?

RE: What a brutal day ... - SmallVoice - 03-09-2012 12:49 AM

(03-09-2012 12:45 AM)monty Wrote:  2 sec teams lost in overtime?

03-nutkick04-clap2:dance::clap2::moon2:

RE: What a brutal day ... - BigEastHomer - 03-09-2012 01:10 AM

[Image: nxkih3.jpg.gif]

RE: What a brutal day ... - Bearcats#1 - 03-09-2012 06:57 AM

LOL now THAT'S funny04-cheers

RE: What a brutal day ... - ClairtonPanther - 03-09-2012 07:22 AM

hahahaha... my boy walked into this post... well played sir

RE: What a brutal day ... - CardFan1 - 03-09-2012 08:32 AM

Well I was pulling for USF,but GT,WHO CARES!
02-13-banana03-lmfao03-hissyfit03-banghead

RE: What a brutal day ... - Ring of Black - 03-09-2012 08:45 AM

Unlike a lot of people on here, I'm sure Quo has a good sense of humor. But, still what I see is a bunch of new BE members trying to stir up the old ones.

Yes, funny, but let's not get out of hand.

My answer would have been "Clearly the basketball gods are from Cincinnati, and don't appreciate being considered a top-40 program", but Bearcat fans know all to well, the Basketball Gods have been against them for many years. So I know that's not it 03-lmfao

RE: What a brutal day ... - KnightLight - 03-09-2012 08:50 AM

(03-09-2012 08:45 AM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  Unlike a lot of people on here, I'm sure Quo has a good sense of humor.

[Image: 4669812732_5407c2534c_z.jpg]

If Quo had this good sense of humor all these years...he certainly has hid it very, very well.

RE: What a brutal day ... - CD11 - 03-09-2012 08:52 AM

Quo gets more protection from the mods around here than most of the mods themselves. Weird dynamic. Must have some naked pictures of someone.

Joke of the year btw, monty. And gif of the year, bigeasthomer.

RE: What a brutal day ... - Ring of Black - 03-09-2012 09:01 AM

(03-09-2012 08:52 AM)CD11 Wrote:  Quo gets more protection from the mods around here than most of the mods themselves. Weird dynamic. Must have some naked pictures of someone.

Not hardly. Fact is, there are a lot of existing BE members being run off by new members, and this crap has got to stop.

Ask just about any Louisville fan.

RE: What a brutal day ... - Psicosis - 03-09-2012 09:12 AM

Apologies to other GT & USF fans, but hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

RE: What a brutal day ... - quo vadis - 03-09-2012 09:51 AM

(03-09-2012 08:45 AM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  Unlike a lot of people on here, I'm sure Quo has a good sense of humor. But, still what I see is a bunch of new BE members trying to stir up the old ones.

I think i do have a good sense of humor, but honestly i have no idea why several posters responded to the "two SEC teams" crack like it was earth-shakingly funny. Seemed rather pedestrian to me, not much wit involved.

I guess the positive reaction was based more on the anti-Quo resentments among those who responded rather than actual good-humor content, LOL. :)

Anyway, what a brutal day ... hopefully Syracuse loses today, that would make me feel a bit better.

RE: What a brutal day ... - CD11 - 03-09-2012 10:01 AM

(03-09-2012 09:01 AM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  
(03-09-2012 08:52 AM)CD11 Wrote:  Quo gets more protection from the mods around here than most of the mods themselves. Weird dynamic. Must have some naked pictures of someone.

Not hardly. Fact is, there are a lot of existing BE members being run off by new members, and this crap has got to stop.

So because CardinalJim got outed as a fake insider and ran off sobbing to the UL board, the "new members" get a disproportionate level of scrutiny? How does that work?

Weird how the Syracuse and Pitt fans don't seem to have any problems.

RE: What a brutal day ... - Lord2FLI - 03-09-2012 10:32 AM

You're a mod, feel free to name and shame, I don't like being lumped in as part of this mythical group of hellraisers simply because I'm new to the board.

RE: What a brutal day ... - SmallVoice - 03-09-2012 10:47 AM

What crap? One innocent little one-liner that a guy has been begging for for months?

I think I fall under the category of "new member" running off old ones, since I am unapologetically pro-Big East, and my membership is less than a year old.

But Louisville fans ran off en masse because there was a coördinated effort behind-the-scenes to make a statement by leaving. They didn't like being criticized for posting "We're going to the Big 12" responses on every thread, whether it was called for or not (and it was only called for about 1.204% of the time). The main Louisville boards are now Big 12 boards, and those of us who find that embarrassing and stupid have quit posting on those.

To too many existing Big East members, the presence of the new members is a reminder that we got stripped of our old members. The new members, as far as I can tell, are the ones who are truly excited about the conference and its future, and I am one of only a handful of Louisville posters who would rather be associated with them than with a conference where we absolutely do not belong.

So I got a huge kick out of Monty's response and felt that it was the only tasteful & appropriate response to someone who's spent the last 6 months flaming the conference and very gracelessly putting down our new members.

RE: What a brutal day ... - BigEastHomer - 03-09-2012 10:58 AM

(03-09-2012 10:32 AM)Lord2FLI Wrote:  

You're a mod, feel free to name and shame, I don't like being lumped in as part of this mythical group of hellraisers simply because I'm new to the board.

Exactly.

This new members versus existing members rhetoric is counterproductive, IMO.

I've seen quo dish out MORE than his share of barbs towards Memphis and others and for the most part he goes unchecked.
Yet, when someone makes an innocent SEC joke toward quo, a mod jumps in and calls out the new alums/fans of the Big East.

It's a strange deal. There are fans of Big East schools that are moving on (essentially new ACC members) that come on here and run down the conference. Are we all supposed to swallow that garbage, because they are an "existing member"? smh.

RE: What a brutal day ... - Mestophalies - 03-09-2012 11:12 AM

(03-09-2012 10:47 AM)SmallVoice Wrote:  

What crap? One innocent little one-liner that a guy has been begging for for months?

I think I fall under the category of "new member" running off old ones, since I am unapologetically pro-Big East, and my membership is less than a year old.

But Louisville fans ran off en masse because there was a coördinated effort behind-the-scenes to make a statement by leaving. They didn't like being criticized for posting "We're going to the Big 12" responses on every thread, whether it was called for or not (and it was only called for about 1.204% of the time). The main Louisville boards are now Big 12 boards, and those of us who find that embarrassing and stupid have quit posting on those.

To too many existing Big East members, the presence of the new members is a reminder that we got stripped of our old members. The new members, as far as I can tell, are the ones who are truly excited about the conference and its future, and I am one of only a handful of Louisville posters who would rather be associated with them than with a conference where we absolutely do not belong.

So I got a huge kick out of Monty's response and felt that it was the only tasteful & appropriate response to someone who's spent the last 6 months flaming the conference and very gracelessly putting down our new members.

As always, I applaud your post Sir. +2 for being "SPOT ON TARGET!!!!"

RE: What a brutal day ... - Bearcats#1 - 03-09-2012 11:17 AM

Cant we all just get along? Lol