CSNbbs
2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Eastern Michigan (/forum-478.html)
+----- Thread: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football (/thread-558400.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - theleftboot - 03-02-2012 11:27 AM

For those of you on Facebook, here is a link to the new "event" page created for the upcoming 2012 Spring Game for EMU Football. Please click on the link and mark you are "going" or "maybe" attending. Your support in drumming interest is greatly appreciated. 04-cheers

https://www.facebook.com/events/249976985090956/

"Come on out and celebrate EMU Football. This will be your first opportunity to get a glimpse of what is in store for the upcoming 2012 season. Please mark the spring game on your calendar, invite your friends, and we hope to see you on April 15th! Go EMU Football!"

Is anyone else excited to get their first chance to see some of our new recruits (red shirt freshmen, JUCO transfers, etc)? 02-13-banana

RE: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - emu steve - 03-02-2012 11:44 AM

Yes!!! Spring ball!

RE: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - Ken Barna - 03-02-2012 01:57 PM

Dear Friends,
Spring ball is where one gets the chance to see players develop into possible starters for next fall. At the spring game last year, it was obvious to me that Javonti Greene was going to have an impact in the fall, and he did. I'm still wondering about the tease of Coach English with the quarterback group. He implied that there were going to be more than three quarterbacks involved in spring ball. We shall see.

RE: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - TheClyde - 03-02-2012 02:45 PM

I can finally make it this year!

RE: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - theleftboot - 03-02-2012 05:59 PM

(03-02-2012 02:45 PM)TheClyde Wrote:  I can finally make it this year!

---------------------

Bring some international soccer style percussion/horns and let us have a grand time! 04-rock

RE: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - emu steve - 03-02-2012 09:13 PM

Where is NuPudge.

RE: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - Eagles2008 - 03-03-2012 01:46 AM

Won't be able to make Spring ball but planning on being there for the entire season...can't wait!

RE: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - NUPudge - 03-03-2012 08:05 AM

(03-02-2012 09:13 PM)emu steve Wrote:  Where is NuPudge.

Hi All,

My goal is to be there to checkout the spring game and maybe some other football related stuff.. I better start behaving myself with my wife so she will allow me to attend.. It is called planning !!!!! :-)

Guys, I excited about this 2012 season, I know for a fact we will be better then .500 this season but not sure by how many.. I could see us winning 8-9 games.

This spring I will be looking at who will be the team leader on defense besides Cudworth?

For all you passing football fans, I am hearing that we will be throwing much more then before. I will believe this more when I see it.. We should lots of depth at every position and will help later in the season and against bigger teams ( Purdue and Michigan St.).

RE: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - Bob Wickersham - 03-03-2012 08:09 AM

(03-02-2012 01:57 PM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear Friends,
Spring ball is where one gets the chance to see players develop into possible starters for next fall. At the spring game last year, it was obvious to me that Javonti Greene was going to have an impact in the fall, and he did. I'm still wondering about the tease of Coach English with the quarterback group. He implied that there were going to be more than three quarterbacks involved in spring ball. We shall see.
Last year was great, perfect weather. For me, Hoskins, Pollard, Cudworth, and coach English, himself impressed me the most. I can't wait to see who shines this year!

RE: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - KPJ - 03-03-2012 09:42 AM

I really want to see how Brumfield progresses. He's in a tough spot after not redshirting, playing behind 3 established backs and the addition of Juwan Lewis. I want to see how he responds.

I also want to see how Tyler Benz plays. I was a big supporter his RS year and still am. I think he'll turn a few heads when he gets a shot.

RE: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - Bob Wickersham - 03-03-2012 11:08 AM

(03-03-2012 08:05 AM)NUPudge Wrote:  

Hi All,

My goal is to be there to checkout the spring game and maybe some other football related stuff.. I better start behaving myself with my wife so she will allow me to attend.. It is called planning !!!!! :-)

Guys, I excited about this 2012 season, I know for a fact we will be better then .500 this season but not sure by how many.. I could see us winning 8-9 games.

This spring I will be looking at who will be the team leader on defense besides Cudworth?

For all you passing football fans, I am hearing that we will be throwing much more then before. I will believe this more when I see it.. We should lots of depth at every position and will help later in the season and against bigger teams ( Purdue and Michigan St.).
Pudge, I hope we pass more than last year--we probably will since we have upgraded the WR position. However, I don't think we'll pass a lot more. Our bread and butter is controlling the line of scrimmage and using all the talented runners (including Gillett) we have. There is nothing better than physically dominating the line of scrimmage and shortening games. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

RE: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - NUPudge - 03-03-2012 01:01 PM

(03-03-2012 11:08 AM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  

Hi All,

Pudge, I hope we pass more than last year--we probably will since we have upgraded the WR position. However, I don't think we'll pass a lot more. Our bread and butter is controlling the line of scrimmage and using all the talented runners (including Gillett) we have. There is nothing better than physically dominating the line of scrimmage and shortening games. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

Great point, I just want weapons for when they are putting 8 in the box against us.. Think about this, what would the offense be like if we had a passing attack that is similar to our running game? Scary !!!!!!

I think English may also be preparing for post 2012 year kids.. I thinking he seen enough of Russell and D Reed to want to throw the ball more.. We are coming back with some weapons.. I am thinking that the WR recruited may had been told we are planning to pass more going Foward and was the reasons they choose to come to emu.. Again this only my opinion..

RE: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - Bob Wickersham - 03-04-2012 08:00 AM

(03-03-2012 01:01 PM)NUPudge Wrote:  
(03-03-2012 11:08 AM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  

Hi All,

Great point, I just want weapons for when they are putting 8 in the box against us.. Think about this, what would the offense be like if we had a passing attack that is similar to our running game? Scary !!!!!!

I think English may also be preparing for post 2012 year kids.. I thinking he seen enough of Russell and D Reed to want to throw the ball more.. We are coming back with some weapons.. I am thinking that the WR recruited may had been told we are planning to pass more going Foward and was the reasons they choose to come to emu.. Again this only my opinion..
Totally agee. If they stack the box, we have options! English has stated he wants more offensive balance and we have some nice pieces; Reed, Russell, Hoskins, Olds, the frosh, we can keep defenses honest which can only help both the running and passing games.

RE: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - emu79 - 03-04-2012 05:43 PM

The key to 8 or 9 victories is our defensive line so spring ball will give us a chance to see how the newcomers fit in. I see the secondary maybe being a notch below last year's starting unit, but not by much.

RE: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - NUPudge - 03-05-2012 01:20 PM

(03-04-2012 05:43 PM)emu79 Wrote:  The key to 8 or 9 victories is our defensive line so spring ball will give us a chance to see how the newcomers fit in. I see the secondary maybe being a notch below last year's starting unit, but not by much.

It will be hard to replace the 2 seniors (SS & FS) that graduated this past season according to the rosters I see we have some upperclassmen (Gillespie, Manns, Rose, Belify Pali) and a few Jr. that should be able to fill the void.

I do believe the defensive line will play well for us, the only question is the depth at this position.

I think we may want to look at replacing Rose at the DB position because he was burned more then ribs on a unattended grill.

RE: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - theleftboot - 03-06-2012 08:16 AM

Here is an article which might help provide us with more of an idea about the pedigree/background from which EMU QB Tyler Benz hails:

Matt Alviti never satisfied - http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/7647236/matt-alviti-making-mark

"...At Maine South, where Bliss coaches the quarterbacks and coordinates the team's spread offense, quarterbacks are bred to be state champions and Division I prospects. Before Alviti took over the reins in the middle of the 2010 season, Maine South was coming off consecutive state titles with two different quarterbacks. At the time, the program had four titles altogether -- with four different quarterbacks.

Recent quarterbacks ended up at FBS programs Eastern Michigan (Tyler Benz), Central Michigan, Miami (Ohio), Northern Illinois and Vanderbilt. Another won an NAIA championship this past season..."

RE: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - theleftboot - 03-06-2012 08:27 AM

Here is an article which briefly mentions one of our incoming recruits. It will be posted on the Facebook page later today but am waiting since we just posted an article on there about Jabar Westerman:

Does success in track carry to football? http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20120301/sports/703019677/

"All-stater Cole Gardner may be throwing shot put as he has in the past, but more likely will rest up or train for his collegiate football career at Eastern Michigan."

RE: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - theleftboot - 03-06-2012 08:59 AM

From the EMU Football 2012 Spring game Facebook "Event" page: https://www.facebook.com/events/249976985090956/#!/events/249976985090956/

UPDATE! 3/6/12 - We just spoke with one of the team staff and he said football activity (warm-ups, drills, practice plays, etc.) will start at 1:00 and the game itself will start at 2:00. So, we are listing 1:00 as the official start time for us to get to see the 2012 EMU Football team! Go Green!

There WILL be an EMU Athletics "garage sale" this year. We will post the details and start time as soon as we find out, but in past years it usually started at least an hour before football activities started.

RE: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - emu79 - 03-06-2012 10:16 AM

Is EMU planning to put out a spring practice prospectus like they have in years past?

RE: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - emu steve - 03-06-2012 10:23 AM

(03-06-2012 10:16 AM)emu79 Wrote:  Is EMU planning to put out a spring practice prospectus like they have in years past?

After the women are done with their tourney?

I believe last year's was out before the beginning of spring practices.