CSNbbs
2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (http://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: MAC - West Team Talk (/forum-464.html)
+----- Forum: Eastern Michigan (/forum-478.html)
+----- Thread: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football (/thread-558400.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - theleftboot - 04-02-2012 09:26 AM

Courtesy of EagleTotem (CMadler): Spring 2012 football depth chart

http://easterneagles.wordpress.com/2012/04/02/spring-2012-football-depth-chart/

"As expected, with minimal losses on offense, the starting lineup carries forward from last year. The offensive line of Korey Neal, Corey Watman, Andrew Sorgatz, Campbell Allison, and Lincoln Hansen should be among the best in the MAC..."

Click on the link to read the full article.

RE: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - emu steve - 04-02-2012 10:03 AM

(04-02-2012 09:26 AM)theleftboot Wrote:  Courtesy of EagleTotem (CMadler): Spring 2012 football depth chart

http://easterneagles.wordpress.com/2012/04/02/spring-2012-football-depth-chart/

"As expected, with minimal losses on offense, the starting lineup carries forward from last year. The offensive line of Korey Neal, Corey Watman, Andrew Sorgatz, Campbell Allison, and Lincoln Hansen should be among the best in the MAC..."

Click on the link to read the full article.

Without getting into the Stomun issue, I'd say that EMU could potentially have a dynamite offense across the board...

Stonum and Russell could be dynamite receivers (Stonum deep and Russell short-intermediate game). Maybe a true frosh can step in and play right away - WR is that kind of position and our WR recruits are top notch.

Both have significant height and Stonum has big time speed.

There are only so many WRs who can be double covered.

Add Juwan Lewis to the RB corps and there are some real horses back there.

The OL doesn't seem to have much developed depth but it has solid starters.

If Gillett proves to have a big enough arm, this offense could strike 'by land and by air'.

RE: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - Ninkonpoopersnap - 04-02-2012 11:03 AM

EMU Steve, I agree with almost all of your above assessment, with the exception to the OL depth. You are spot on with the RB, Gillet, and WR's. Heres my take on the OL

Most OL don't have 2 deeps with starting experience (unless they aren't good) because OL play the entire game start to finish with few exceptions, what you look for are guys that have been in the program for multiple years in back up roles.
With that said according to the Spring Prospectus we have 3 soon to be 4 year starters from LT LG OC ( Neal, Watman, Sorgatz)
RG and RT both started 7 and 9 games respectively last year (Allison and Hansen)
This Starting Unit has to be top 3 if not the BEST in the MAC

Backups; RG McCord started 4 games at TE( we all knew he was an OL in a TE #) and played in all 12 games
RT McCleod Started 4 games due to others injuries and played in 6 games
LT McFadden lettered and is a Jr-So(3 years in program)
OC Erbes is a Jr-So(3 years in program)
LG Woods is a Jr-So(3 years in program)

I'd say there's some developed depth at OL, and probably More than at other places in the MAC if not the Country( country was a guess, MAC though I looked at it and its true)

RE: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - wolverineeagle - 04-02-2012 11:44 AM

(04-01-2012 09:58 PM)emdypo Wrote:  nupudge,

Did you even read the article or are you so obsessed with getting this guy in an EMU uniform that you glossed over the part where it says his probation was extended for 30 days for missing a mandatory drug test. This is the problem with some of the people on this site; when becoming a fan changes over to being a fanatic. I love EMU, my wife and I both graduated from Eastern, but my enthusiasm for its sports teams doesn't supercede my morality. I like Coach English and up until now I respect what he's done for EMU football but if he signs this guy it proves that he cares more about winning then building a program of character. Mr. Stonum will have a degree from a great University, he can take his talents to the next level without playing another down of collegiate football, I really hope English doesn't jeopardize his integrity and reputation on this kid.

You act like Stonum is a thug. He isn't. He has made some poor choices,but he has not hurt anyone.

A moral person forgives and gives second chances.

RE: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - emu79 - 04-02-2012 12:36 PM

(04-02-2012 11:44 AM)wolverineeagle Wrote:  

Did you even read the article or are you so obsessed with getting this guy in an EMU uniform that you glossed over the part where it says his probation was extended for 30 days for missing a mandatory drug test. This is the problem with some of the people on this site; when becoming a fan changes over to being a fanatic. I love EMU, my wife and I both graduated from Eastern, but my enthusiasm for its sports teams doesn't supercede my morality. I like Coach English and up until now I respect what he's done for EMU football but if he signs this guy it proves that he cares more about winning then building a program of character. Mr. Stonum will have a degree from a great University, he can take his talents to the next level without playing another down of collegiate football, I really hope English doesn't jeopardize his integrity and reputation on this kid.

You act like Stonum is a thug. He isn't. He has made some poor choices,but he has not hurt anyone.

Being in a car and being arrested for DUI-hopefully he wasn't driving or he could have killed someone and himself. There are too many second chances for impaired driving. A moral person acts responsibly and doesn't get in a car under the influence of booze. The fact that he is a talented athlete doesn't excuse the behavior.

RE: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - emu79 - 04-02-2012 01:15 PM

I like our offense going into this next season. While I like the three incoming frosh WRs, Olds made significant improvement last year and I can see some two TE sets with Hoskins and Russell.

It will be more interesting to see how the DL and defensive backfield shake out.

RE: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - emu steve - 04-02-2012 01:24 PM

(04-02-2012 01:15 PM)emu79 Wrote:  I like our offense going into this next season. While I like the three incoming frosh WRs, Olds made significant improvement last year and I can see some two TE sets with Hoskins and Russell.

It will be more interesting to see how the DL and defensive backfield shake out.

Anyone want to say that EMU might have the best group of skill players on offense in the MAC?

E.g., Hoskins, Russell, Stonum, and Olds (for staters).

RB: Deep, deep, deep

RE: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - Ninkonpoopersnap - 04-02-2012 02:04 PM

[/quote]
Anyone want to say that EMU might have the best group of skill players on offense in the MAC?

E.g., Hoskins, Russell, Stonum, and Olds (for staters).

RB: Deep, deep, deep
[/quote]

My opinion on our skill compared to the rest of the MAC
TE's #1, Hoskins, Russell, Brooks all return close would be Ball St. with all 3 of there TE's returning

RB's #4 as a group they are a very nice stable, but I for one, am convinced it has a lot do do with our OL and TE's than our backs true talent. Our guys play in and play out are to the second and third levels of the defense running on the DB's rather than DL or Lb's
Buffalo has Branden Oliver back who carries the load for them, Temple has Matt Brown who will explode even more with the departure of Bernard Pierce and BG has a frosh back that had a great statistical year.

Wr's #5 without Stonum, #1 with. Lets face it Daryl Stonum makes this corps unstoppable all of our current wr's are #2 and #3's possesion guys or true track guys, Stonum gives you the all around best WR in the conference and lets the others be what they are. Without them, CMU's Frosh Young and Williams are better. Buffalo has Nuetz and others, Miami has Harwell, Ball St has WR's stacked that can run and catch.

QB #6-7 Throwing #1 Running Threat average that and you get #4
WMU Carder, BSU Wenning, OHIO Tettleton, UT two QB's, Miami Dysert all throw better
Tettleton would be second to Gillett running Probably NIU's new QB will challenge as well

RE: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - emu steve - 04-02-2012 02:36 PM

Very nice analysis.

I'd be happy with #1 TE, #1 WR, #4 RB, and #4 Qb.

I'd like to add we have a very real possibility that there will be surprises among the RBs (Lewis) and WRs.

It is going to be fun watching Hoskins, Russell, Stonum, Scott, Olds, and maybe a frosh or two.

Last year the WRs were underwhelming. Not so in '12.

RE: 2012 Spring Game - Eastern Michigan University Football - NUPudge - 04-02-2012 03:50 PM

(04-02-2012 11:44 AM)wolverineeagle Wrote:  

I am not saying this young man is a thug. I am just saying that Michigan seems to have given him a second chance (two DUI) and now he is looking for a 3rd one.

I am okay with people making mistakes but it depends on what it was.. If during his DUI someone was hurts would you be so understanding and asking to give him another chance?

Why didn't Michigan not keep him and give him another chance? Let me make myself clear. I support this of English goes with it..

NU