CSNbbs
Let the madness begin - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-462.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois Archives (/forum-792.html)
+----- Thread: Let the madness begin (/thread-557311.html)

Let the madness begin - MaddDawgz02 - 02-25-2012 06:35 PM

KU/Missouri, WOW. What a game, and this is why the NBA sucks, you just wont find this type of game. Im ready for some NCAA tourney action after watching that instant classic! Dont get too high J-hawks, prepare to be disappointed Sep 22!

RE: Let the madness begin - UIHuskie - 02-25-2012 06:42 PM

(02-25-2012 06:35 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  KU/Missouri, WOW. What a game, and this is why the NBA sucks, you just wont find this type of game. Im ready for some NCAA tourney action after watching that instant classic! Dont get too high J-hawks, prepare to be disappointed Sep 22!

What an incredible game. I'd have to think that game is way up the list of biggest nutpunches in Mizzou athletics history, though. Up 19 in the 2nd half, against Kansas in Allen Fieldhouse, in the last game you may ever play against them, with the conference title on the line. And then the walls cave in.

RE: Let the madness begin - niuliger09 - 02-25-2012 07:30 PM

(02-25-2012 06:35 PM)MaddDawgz02 Wrote:  KU/Missouri, WOW. What a game, and this is why the NBA sucks, you just wont find this type of game. Im ready for some NCAA tourney action after watching that instant classic! Dont get too high J-hawks, prepare to be disappointed Sep 22!

Great game, great atmosphere.

Other games earlier, Vandy/UK and North Carolina/Virginia were also great games.

The NBA doesn't suck, there are plenty of close games and great performances but you're probably way too biased to ever want to admit that.

The skill level in the NBA is obviously much higher. I agree that there are a good amount of players with elite talent that just don't give a crap about winning (J. Smith, J. McGee just off the top of my head), but for the most part you have an incredible amount of elite players that are fun to watch (D. Rose, K. Durant, B. Griffin, L. James and many many more).

One example of NBA vs NCAA quality of play is in the very game you mentioned.

Missou failed to even get a shot off in OT to try to win the game. I have no idea why Denmon jogged down the court with 6sec left.

For being in college you would think these guys would be better prepared to handle late game situations, but this is a theme too common even in the tournament (Pitt vs Butler last year anyone?).

Either way, I'm excited for all playoffs to begin, if you guys dig basketball check out IHSA playoffs which will be starting this week. Some great players and teams out there.

RE: Let the madness begin - MaddDawgz02 - 02-25-2012 07:31 PM

(02-25-2012 07:30 PM)niuliger09 Wrote:  

Great game, great atmosphere.

Other games earlier, Vandy/UK and North Carolina/Virginia were also great games.

The NBA doesn't suck, there are plenty of close games and great performances but you're probably way too biased to ever want to admit that.

The skill level in the NBA is obviously much higher. I agree that there are a good amount of players with elite talent that just don't give a crap about winning (J. Smith, J. McGee just off the top of my head), but for the most part you have an incredible amount of elite players that are fun to watch (D. Rose, K. Durant, B. Griffin, L. James and many many more).

One example of NBA vs NCAA quality of play is in the very game you mentioned.

Missou failed to even get a shot off in OT to try to win the game. I have no idea why Denmon jogged down the court with 6sec left.

For being in college you would think these guys would be better prepared to handle late game situations, but this is a theme too common even in the tournament (Pitt vs Butler last year anyone?).

Either way, I'm excited for all playoffs to begin, if you guys dig basketball check out IHSA playoffs which will be starting this week. Some great players and teams out there.

There are good NBA games, but never matching the intensity of the college game.