CSNbbs
Can't login on computers - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (http://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-462.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois Archives (/forum-792.html)
+----- Thread: Can't login on computers (/thread-555550.html)

Pages: 1 2

Can't login on computers - armour248 - 02-15-2012 09:53 PM

I can't login to my account on my home computers or the one at work. Once I throw my login and password in and click login it takes me back to the board but I'm still not logged in. Somehow I can login from my phone though. I've tried deleting all of my browsing cookies, cache etc. Anybody else ever experience this?

RE: Can't login on computers - MaddDawgz02 - 02-15-2012 09:55 PM

Oh good the virus I planted worked to block access for certain users.

haha just kidding, yeah it happens to me too. Soemtimes when you think it kicks you out, you are actually still logged in. Log in once and then when it takes you back to the login screen, click on the room and you are probably logged in already even though it is still asking for user name and password.

RE: Can't login on computers - tubaguy21 - 02-15-2012 09:55 PM

I've been experiencing this as well, I ended up just changing my password and it seemed to do the trick.

RE: Can't login on computers - armour248 - 02-15-2012 09:59 PM

Cool I'll give this stuff a try. Found it really odd that it works fine on my phone

RE: Can't login on computers - NIUslumo - 02-15-2012 10:10 PM

(02-15-2012 09:53 PM)armour248 Wrote:  I can't login to my account on my home computers or the one at work. Once I throw my login and password in and click login it takes me back to the board but I'm still not logged in. Somehow I can login from my phone though. I've tried deleting all of my browsing cookies, cache etc. Anybody else ever experience this?

Did you change your bookmark to csnbbs? I noticed this kind of behavior when I still had my ncaabbs bookmark. Sometimes it was going to ncaabbs and sometimes to csnbbs so it was logged in on csnbbs but not on ncaabbs.

RE: Can't login on computers - Wolfe23 - 02-16-2012 08:52 AM

^^I have the same problem. I was not able to log in at home but I could at work. Now that you mention it, I think it may be a bookmark issue. Will try your suggestion when I get home.

RE: Can't login on computers - HuskieJohn - 02-16-2012 09:52 AM

(02-15-2012 09:53 PM)armour248 Wrote:  I can't login to my account on my home computers or the one at work. Once I throw my login and password in and click login it takes me back to the board but I'm still not logged in. Somehow I can login from my phone though. I've tried deleting all of my browsing cookies, cache etc. Anybody else ever experience this?

Try this fix that I did when I had this problem...

Check the browser address. If you have the site bookmarked to the "old" NCAABBS site I had this same problem. You need to go to the new CSNBBS web address then bookmark that location.

RE: Can't login on computers - armour248 - 02-16-2012 10:43 AM

It was the web address for anyone having a similar problem. Thanks for the help.

RE: Can't login on computers - cartershaw - 02-16-2012 12:07 PM

Yes.. I log in through the main page.. CSNbbs then go back through to find NIU..

RE: Can't login on computers - badmoonrising13 - 02-16-2012 12:11 PM

I could't sign on for three days either and I found my old log-in.