CSNbbs
Union boss tells poor: "Life isn't fair" - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: The Kyra Memorial Spin Room (/forum-540.html)
+---- Thread: Union boss tells poor: "Life isn't fair" (/thread-554021.html)

Union boss tells poor: "Life isn't fair" - DrTorch - 02-09-2012 09:26 AM

Hey, isn't that what you liberals get upset about when you pretend conservatives say it?

http://www.commentarymagazine.com/2012/02/08/union-boss-tells-poor-life-not-fair-giordano/

RE: Union boss tells poor: "Life isn't fair" - smn1256 - 02-09-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:And, like all teachers union officials, he is ready to fight to the death to prevent school choice plans that would allow parents to use the money the state allocates to educate their kids to purchase better education than is often provided in failing public schools.

Yeah, keep telling us it's all about the kids. This dickhole has absolutely nothing to do with education - he's all about power - and he wants a union, a corrupt, self serving, infectous mass of human waste, to determine what's best for our kids. I wish this guy would insult Muhammad, maybe even draw a picture of him.

RE: Union boss tells poor: "Life isn't fair" - Native Georgian - 02-09-2012 02:10 PM

The words of John F. Kennedy echo through the ages

RE: Union boss tells poor: "Life isn't fair" - MileHighBronco - 02-09-2012 04:00 PM

Perhaps what WOULD be "fair" would be to have the Union boss sit down with a bunch of the OWS crowd and have his income redistributed by the flea-baggers. He and other union bosses ARE part of that 1% that OWS rails against and their hideously high incomes were garnered via theft of forced Union dues. That distinction is lost on those dupes. I'd pay to see one group of lib extortionists eaten by another of the same mindset.

Public Employee Unions in Wisconsin are doubling down on stupid. From Ed Morrisey;

Quote:Unions and Democrats — but I repeat myself — insist that they need to recall Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker because of his arrogance and unreasonable approach to governing in shoving public-employee union reforms through the legislature after, er, campaigning in part on the issue. How reasonable are unions and Democrats prepared to be if they do manage to replace Walker? Unions have demanded a litmus test of prospective challengers that would require them to throw Wisconsin into a budget and constitutional crisis upon taking office.

The Union leaders say they are asking all Dem candidates for Guv to sign a pledge to veto the state budget if it doesn't restore collective bargaining for public employee unions.

(Morrisey)
Quote:Yeah, because nothing says moderation than vetoing an entire budget if it doesn’t include a provision that allows the PEUs to force Wisconsin citizens to overpay for union-owned health insurance. At least one Democrat has refused, and blasted the union for an essentially unserious demand......

There’s certainly nothing like advertising that you’re a wholly-owned subsidiary of the unions to frame a political campaign these days, is there? It’s a measure of the desperation Big Labor and Democrats — there I go being redundant again! — are feeling as states struggle to reform budgets and get control of their public-sector costs and private-sector economic stagnation.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/02/09/unions-demand-budget-veto-pledge-for-dems-seeking-recall-against-walker-in-wi/

If you didn't see it earlier this week, Heritage and others report that the Occupy D.C. group plans to disrupt the CPAC Convention, which began today.

Quote:During a Thursday meeting at McPherson Square, until Saturday the epicenter of the protests, Occupiers brainstormed tactics for shutting down or disrupting the conference, according to a source who was present at the meeting.

The protesters suggested pulling fire alarms in the hotel where the conference will take place, screaming “fire” during conference activities, “glitter-bombing” participants, cutting electrical power, and barricading entrances to the hotel, according to the source, who requested anonymity.

“Speakers will be physically assaulted, not just verbally confronted,” the source told Scribe in an email. Two Occupiers, who the source also identified as members of the New Black Panther Party, “said they would be disappointed if they didn’t get arrested and planned to ‘make it count.’”

The source quoted another protester as saying, “Mitt [Romney] has Secret Service now, but [Newt] Gingrich and [Andrew] Breitbart don’t,” seemingly suggesting that the latter two would not be as heavily guarded.

Protesters planned to conduct most of these activities on Saturday, the last day of the conference, so as not to overlap with the recently announced protests by labor groups on Thursday and Friday.

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/02/07/exclusive-occupy-dc-plans-mayhem-for-major-conservative-conference/

Will they be the only disrupters? Of course not. The Unions must have their say, too.

Unions Plan Seige On Conservative Political Action Conference

Now, I await those who would proffer to tell me how wonderful public employee unions are. The country is just now awakening to the great damage these PEUs do to a state or local economy. The perpetual cash machine for Dem elections needs to be shut down and more and more states are seeing this and starting to act.

From making sure 'Card Check' never passes to legislating the end of forced dues (and state collection of those dues) to enacting Right To Work laws, the battle is raging across the country. The PEU Unions know that their time remaining is limited.

RE: Union boss tells poor: "Life isn't fair" - smn1256 - 02-09-2012 06:39 PM

MLB, nice post

RE: Union boss tells poor: "Life isn't fair" - SumOfAllFears - 02-09-2012 10:17 PM

MHB ditto

RE: Union boss tells poor: "Life isn't fair" - DrTorch - 02-10-2012 08:23 AM

I noticed Max didn't show up w/ his usual snark. Why not, Max? Thought you were for the oppressed underdog.