CSNbbs
An obvious change in Gazette sports coverage - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-462.html)
+----- Forum: WMU Archives (/forum-939.html)
+----- Thread: An obvious change in Gazette sports coverage (/thread-551192.html)

An obvious change in Gazette sports coverage - Chipdip - 01-26-2012 04:31 PM

So I get my Gazette out of the mailbox expecting to read about WMU's loss at the top of the sports section................as had been the case for most of the 7 years that GC was here. Here's what I found.

Top Headline
400 and counting
An 8 inch wide column written by Graham Couch about the big MSU win over Minnesota and Izzo's 400th win.

WMU vs Ohio
Just to the right of this was a 2 inch wide column on the WMU game. But most surprising of all, was this quote in the Decamp article. "We got ourselves down 14, 15, and Demetrius went down with a knee injury, Hawkins said in a phone interview."

Graham Couch never did phone interviews on MAC games. He traveled to almost every game. However, Jack Moss hardly ever traveled to away WMU basketball games (unless they involved MSU, UM, or ND). Most away games were phoned in quotes or AP or WMU media relations recaps.

This is no reflection on Decamp, Drew, or Couch. This is simply an example of the business model that Mlive has chosen. And while every day they run full page ads telling me that "less is more" the evidence is simply not there.

That's the "new and improved" Mlive Kalamazoo Gazette that I'm about to cancel.

RE: On obvious change in Gazette sports coverage - EA3 - 01-26-2012 04:42 PM

I'm afraid we are the "odd man out" in this scenerio.

RE: On obvious change in Gazette sports coverage - r4broncos - 01-26-2012 05:24 PM

I saw the phone interview too and chose to ignore it... hoping that I just misread it... :muttering:

RE: On obvious change in Gazette sports coverage - DesertBronco - 01-26-2012 05:36 PM

03-melodramatic