CSNbbs
Pathbetic Little Ten rescued by booth official - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-462.html)
+----- Forum: WMU Archives (/forum-939.html)
+----- Thread: Pathbetic Little Ten rescued by booth official (/thread-545909.html)

Pages: 1 2

Pathbetic Little Ten rescued by booth official - Chipdip - 01-04-2012 12:02 AM

No way that replay overturned that call.

BCS getting sader by the game.

RE: Pathbetic Little Ten rescued by booth official - Kimbosucks - 01-04-2012 12:04 AM

Just said the same thing in the football forum...

How many points/turnovers did they take away from virginia tech??

sic..

RE: Pathbetic Little Ten rescued by booth official - broncofan1 - 01-04-2012 12:13 AM

Beemer lost this game for the Hokies with his ridiculous play calling. Both defenses played well. Now we get to listen to Michigan slappies brag about a game they never should have been in.

Boise would have destroyed both these teams.

RE: Pathbetic Little Ten rescued by booth official - DesertBronco - 01-04-2012 12:13 AM

Glad that I didn't watch then.....I had a feeling, just scUM sliding up in the polls to get a BCS bid was very sketchy. I'm thinking a lot of sketchy things go on with that Athletic Department. Just follow the stench.

RE: Pathbetic Little Ten rescued by booth official - EA3 - 01-04-2012 09:13 AM

I'm really not looking forward to the multitudes of Michigan fans declaring how great their program is and how it is back on the national radar. It may be improved, but reality tells me they have a long way to go in terms of competing with the SEC and Big 12.

RE: Pathbetic Little Ten rescued by booth official - brovol - 01-04-2012 09:28 AM

That was the most unimpressive win I have ever seen. I think Michigan looked better when they lost to Appalachian State. The offensive game-plan was atrocious. Trying to pound it in the middle of a stacked line, over and over on first down, never with any yardage. U of M's OC leaves much to be desired.

I think Beamer is a terrific coach, because generally he thinks out of the box. I think last night he got caught up knowing he had a better team than Michigan, and thus playing far too "straight up". The only creativity on special teams was the horrible decision by his punter to run.

RE: Pathbetic Little Ten rescued by booth official - EA3 - 01-04-2012 10:11 AM

(01-04-2012 09:28 AM)brovol Wrote:  That was the most unimpressive win I have ever seen. I think Michigan looked better when they lost to Appalachian State. The offensive game-plan was atrocious. Trying to pound it in the middle of a stacked line, over and over on first down, never with any yardage. U of M's OC leaves much to be desired.

I think Beamer is a terrific coach, because generally he thinks out of the box. I think last night he got caught up knowing he had a better team than Michigan, and thus playing far too "straight up". The only creativity on special teams was the horrible decision by his punter to run.

100% agreed

RE: Pathbetic Little Ten rescued by booth official - EA3 - 01-04-2012 11:39 AM

Oh, and I hope Michigan and the BCS had to pay Def Leppard big $$$ for using the "pour some sugar on me" phrase on their t-shirts after the game.

RE: Pathbetic Little Ten rescued by booth official - JPWMU - 01-04-2012 01:01 PM

This!

He did it the entire game, never called. 03-puke

RE: Pathbetic Little Ten rescued by booth official - bronconick - 01-04-2012 03:22 PM

If you have a major bowl involving Virginia Tech or a top 5 opponent to the Hokies, bet the house on the other team.

RE: Pathbetic Little Ten rescued by booth official - EA3 - 01-04-2012 03:28 PM

(01-04-2012 03:22 PM)bronconick Wrote:  If you have a major bowl involving Virginia Tech or a top 5 opponent to the Hokies, bet the house on the other team.

Hindsight is 20/20. Before this game, everyone was saying the same thing about the Big Ten in BCS games. And really, they will probably continue to do so.

Anyone plan on betting the house on Alabama when they play Michigan at Cowboy stadium?

RE: Pathbetic Little Ten rescued by booth official - bronconick - 01-04-2012 03:44 PM

1-27 all time vs. top 5 teams and 2-6 in BCS level games (including 1-1 pre-BCS), on top of the ACC's 2-12 BCS record all time now? That doesn't require hindsight.

The Big Ten didn't get any extra boost out of this win because everyone knows the ACC is #5.

RE: Pathbetic Little Ten rescued by booth official - EA3 - 01-04-2012 03:48 PM

(01-04-2012 03:44 PM)bronconick Wrote:  1-27 all time vs. top 5 teams and 2-6 in BCS level games (including 1-1 pre-BCS), on top of the ACC's 2-12 BCS record all time now? That doesn't require hindsight.

The Big Ten didn't get any extra boost out of this win because everyone knows the ACC is #5.

Fair enough. You did research. Those numbers do speak for themselves. Hindsight definately not required.

I wouldn't bet on W. Virginia tonight though. Big East is bad.

RE: Pathbetic Little Ten rescued by booth official - Whinny1 - 01-04-2012 04:35 PM

I fell asleep at the beginning of the second half and woke up at 1 a.m. I'm old. I need stimulation to stay awake when I'm in my recliner. And there was nothing stimulating about that game. I tried to root for the Beamer Boys, but the refs weren't helping the situation.

RE: Pathbetic Little Ten rescued by booth official - EA3 - 01-04-2012 04:39 PM

Excellent point. It should be illegal to start any sporting event after 7:30 pm eastern standard time.

If anyone wants to be President of the United States, just promise everyone this will happen. There isn't a person over the age of 30 that wouldn't support that idea.

RE: Pathbetic Little Ten rescued by booth official - bronconick - 01-04-2012 05:39 PM

I think tonight returns us to the 45-42 BCS games. The Big East is bad, but at least WVU is the one decent team in the group (loss to Syracuse?!? notwithstanding) and Clemson is well, Clemson. They'll either look amazing (vs. VT, FSU) or like Clemson (NC State, South Carolina)

RE: Pathbetic Little Ten rescued by booth official - Charm City Bronco - 01-04-2012 08:23 PM

(01-04-2012 03:22 PM)bronconick Wrote:  If you have a major bowl involving Virginia Tech or a top 5 opponent to the Hokies, bet the house on the other team.

Absolutely. All the more reason the Sugar Bowl was such a deplorable matchup. cHokies for a reason.

RE: Pathbetic Little Ten rescued by booth official - DesertBronco - 01-04-2012 08:53 PM

If Boise were playing, I would have watched. They were hands down better than these two.

RE: Pathbetic Little Ten rescued by booth official - Kimbosucks - 01-05-2012 02:05 AM

This game was all about putting blue and puke butts in seats. Walmart fans from around the country flocked to that game.

RE: Pathbetic Little Ten rescued by booth official - DesertBronco - 01-05-2012 10:41 AM

Yeah, they're worse than the "incredible Red Wings fans" that way, all around the country, wasted, spitting, yelling and representing the state well.

Doesn't matter which city I'm in, go to a hockey arena and you have the same people who are Walmart Wolves on Saturdays donning their Wings jerseys and acting like total jackasses, these same people never went to a game in the Joe in their life let alone hit the Post or sit through decades of losing seasons. Yet they act so superior because they got drunk on the couch watching them during a Stanley cup run.

I have to believe they're the same people.