CSNbbs
Ladiy Trojans struggling to find their identity - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: OVCbbs (/forum-17.html)
+---- Forum: Ohio Valley Team Talk (/forum-784.html)
+----- Forum: Little Rock (/forum-291.html)
+----- Thread: Ladiy Trojans struggling to find their identity (/thread-540292.html)

Ladiy Trojans struggling to find their identity - outsideualr - 12-11-2011 09:15 AM

and trying to find the right combinations. Losing players like Chas, Shanika and Asriel, any team would have a problem in reloading.
One thing I've noticed is that in pre game warmups, not one player was shooting from the three point arc. I've never seen a team that didn't have a few players shooting some threes before the game.

I think Taylor Gault will be a decent three point shooter in time. She probably needs to get a little stronger, which she will by next year.
The only other possibility might be Karisma Tyson. She hit one the other night. And I forgot about Jeanette Marieux. She's capable, but needs to get more consistent with all of her game.

We can't compete yet against teams like South Dakota State and Memphis due to their huge size advantages. Hannah seems to be holding her own against taller players, but Marian struggles when she plays players taller than she is because she can't jump, and normally isn't quick enougth to outmaneuver a good big player. But she'll probably do allright in the Sun Belt, since they don't normally have great size inside like some of the teams we've played. All things being equal, she can compete because of her strength.

Both our men's team and our ladies are struggling to find efficient rotations so far. I think they'll both be pretty decent by the time conference play begins.04-cheers