CSNbbs
DId Oklahoma State do enough? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: OVCbbs (/forum-17.html)
+---- Forum: Ohio Valley Team Talk (/forum-784.html)
+----- Forum: Little Rock (/forum-291.html)
+----- Thread: DId Oklahoma State do enough? (/thread-537707.html)

DId Oklahoma State do enough? - mjs - 12-04-2011 12:14 AM

None of the experts seems to think so. But no one really wants an LSU-Alabama rematch. Alabama had their chance and lost on their home field. The whole point of Bowls/National Championship games is to match teams that normally don't play to see who is really the best. I am cautiously optimistic that enough voters will move OSU to #2 to get them to the championship game. Not sure anyone can beat LSU, but that game would be more fun to watch then a 6-6 game in regulation.

Interestingly, last week OSU coach Mike Gundy actually said he would vote Alabama #2 based on their only loss being to LSU in OT (Wow, a coach actually giving on honest opinion). After tonight's game he said he had changed his mind and OSU should be #2. After watching OSU destroy OK I have to agree with him.

RE: DId Oklahoma State do enough? - outsideualr - 12-04-2011 12:08 PM

Much better matchup would be OSU and LSU. Two different conferences, and you can surely make a case for OSU, although if I were voting, I'd have a hard time excluding Alabama, although they had their chance on their own home field. And the Heiman race is wide open for the first time in awhile. There are at least six viable candidates who could win it. I couldn't argue with any one of them. In the past, there have been a few travesties, IMO, but this one, you could toss a coin and pick a winner, and they would be deserving.

RE: DId Oklahoma State do enough? - LRTrojan - 12-04-2011 01:28 PM

THE GAME should be Oklahoma State and LSU. Sure Alabama played the socks off LSU, but they couldn't do it on their own turf that day. It's someone else's time now.

RE: DId Oklahoma State do enough? - outsideualr - 12-04-2011 05:38 PM

I think that's the best argument. It should be someone else's chance now. Alabama had their chance.