CSNbbs
Talking about cheap - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: OVCbbs (/forum-17.html)
+---- Forum: Ohio Valley Team Talk (/forum-784.html)
+----- Forum: Little Rock (/forum-291.html)
+----- Thread: Talking about cheap (/thread-536577.html)

Talking about cheap - LRTrojan - 11-30-2011 06:57 PM

I heard them talking on the "Show with no name" on the Buzz a day or two ago, that UCA was having their broadcast crew drive to Missoula, Montana for the playoff game Saturday. That's a long way, and the weather is iffy this time of the year. I assume that it's an effort to save a few dollars.

RE: Talking about cheap - Robert C - 12-01-2011 12:11 AM

I'd say F*** that S***!

RE: Talking about cheap - PTJR - 12-01-2011 04:25 PM

(11-30-2011 06:57 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  I heard them talking on the "Show with no name" on the Buzz a day or two ago, that UCA was having their broadcast crew drive to Missoula, Montana for the playoff game Saturday. That's a long way, and the weather is iffy this time of the year. I assume that it's an effort to save a few dollars.

That is hard to believe! Given the distance involved in getting there and getting back, taken together with the price of a gallon of gasoline, I fail to see how driving to Montana will save any significant amount of money. I guess if their broadcast crew consists of five people instead of two that the numbers might add up, but otherwise I just don't see it. Plus, since it is not reasonable to think that the drive can be made in one day (hell even two is a stretch), additional motel costs will also be involved.

RE: Talking about cheap - outsideualr - 12-01-2011 05:37 PM

I've made those type of drives, and it's really tough. But I would imagine, even with a couple of motel bills, and the cost of gasoline, it would probably still be considerably cheaper than flying. Of course it depends on what type of vehicle you're driving and what kind of mileage you're getting.

RE: Talking about cheap - LRTrojan - 12-02-2011 12:48 PM

Evidently UCA changed their minds, or either they were joking about driving last week when it was mentioned on the show about having their broadcast crew drive to Missoula, because I heard Justin Acre on the air today from Missoula saying that they had flown up on a charter. Since he mentioned a charter flight, I assume they went with the team.