CSNbbs
Clay-Chalkville expected to forfeit nine games and miss playoffs - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: UAB (/forum-448.html)
+------ Forum: Archives (/forum-383.html)
+------- Forum: BlazerTalk Archives (/forum-791.html)
+------- Thread: Clay-Chalkville expected to forfeit nine games and miss playoffs (/thread-525583.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Clay-Chalkville expected to forfeit nine games and miss playoffs - WesternBlazer - 10-26-2011 06:34 PM

http://highschoolsports.al.com/news/article/5602071138909686880/clay-chalkville-expected-to-forfeit-nine-games-and-miss-playoffs/

RE: Clay-Chalkville expected to forfeit nine games and miss playoffs - the_blazerman - 10-26-2011 06:38 PM

Sorry, Smaug.

Hopefully the appeal will work.

RE: Clay-Chalkville expected to forfeit nine games and miss playoffs - BandGrad - 10-26-2011 06:52 PM

I wonder if this was information that CCHC had when the kid transferred? If not, because of the student information privacy act, Huffman may not have disclosed that there was a discipline issue with that student. Wouldn't be the first time that has happened.

RE: Clay-Chalkville expected to forfeit nine games and miss playoffs - bladhmadh - 10-26-2011 07:11 PM

looks like schools are getting tired of other schools getting away with cheating

RE: Clay-Chalkville expected to forfeit nine games and miss playoffs - UABrandon - 10-26-2011 07:52 PM

GO Spartans!! This makes our road to state A LOT easier if the appeal doesn't work out.

RE: Clay-Chalkville expected to forfeit nine games and miss playoffs - Smaug - 10-26-2011 08:03 PM

(10-26-2011 06:52 PM)BandGrad Wrote:  I wonder if this was information that CCHC had when the kid transferred? If not, because of the student information privacy act, Huffman may not have disclosed that there was a discipline issue with that student. Wouldn't be the first time that has happened.

Yeah, CCHS will appeal on Friday. We'll see where it goes.

RE: Clay-Chalkville expected to forfeit nine games and miss playoffs - Smaug - 10-26-2011 08:12 PM

(10-26-2011 07:11 PM)bladhmadh Wrote:  looks like schools are getting tired of other schools getting away with cheating

Wow. Way to read a whole lot into that.

RE: Clay-Chalkville expected to forfeit nine games and miss playoffs - Dpickren - 10-26-2011 09:50 PM

I really hate this for the players and fans. Clay is by far the best team we faced all year. Hopefully the appeal will go in Clay's favor Friday.

RE: Clay-Chalkville expected to forfeit nine games and miss playoffs - USAFBlazerFan - 10-26-2011 10:02 PM

Notice the comment about "whistle-blowers?" Interesting...

RE: Clay-Chalkville expected to forfeit nine games and miss playoffs - BAMANBLAZERFAN - 10-27-2011 10:37 AM

(10-26-2011 06:52 PM)BandGrad Wrote:  I wonder if this was information that CCHC had when the kid transferred? If not, because of the student information privacy act, Huffman may not have disclosed that there was a discipline issue with that student. Wouldn't be the first time that has happened.

If such info is not available to the CCHC, how did it get to the folks in Montgomery? Do they have access to info denied to other schools?

RE: Clay-Chalkville expected to forfeit nine games and miss playoffs - the Dragon - 10-27-2011 10:53 AM

It is shockingly easy for a school to have an ineligible player and not know it. I feel bad for Coach Hood, his staff, and those players, especially the players.

RE: Clay-Chalkville expected to forfeit nine games and miss playoffs - bladhmadh - 10-27-2011 11:18 AM

It may not be true but I have heard they had been notified the player had issues and decided to play him instead of investigating. IF that's true then they deserve to be punished. Notice I said IF its true

RE: Clay-Chalkville expected to forfeit nine games and miss playoffs - the Dragon - 10-27-2011 11:32 AM

(10-27-2011 11:18 AM)bladhmadh Wrote:  It may not be true but I have heard they had been notified the player had issues and decided to play him instead of investigating. IF that's true then they deserve to be punished. Notice I said IF its true

Sure. But you still feel for the players, who had no role in that decision. They just worked hard and played the season, winning every game to date, only to have their post season dreams stripped from them in the 11th hour.

RE: Clay-Chalkville expected to forfeit nine games and miss playoffs - uab278 - 10-27-2011 12:34 PM

Anybody else notice that the Huffman coach was pissed that CC was in trouble. Stated that none on his staff informed the AHSAA and even said the kid in question was a good kid who made a mistake? If the kid was really in good standing at Restoration Academy when he transferred to CC then I say let them keep playing.

RE: Clay-Chalkville expected to forfeit nine games and miss playoffs - the Dragon - 10-27-2011 12:40 PM

(10-27-2011 12:34 PM)uab278 Wrote:  Anybody else notice that the Huffman coach was pissed that CC was in trouble. Stated that none on his staff informed the AHSAA and even said the kid in question was a good kid who made a mistake? If the kid was really in good standing at Restoration Academy when he transferred to CC then I say let them keep playing.

+1

RE: Clay-Chalkville expected to forfeit nine games and miss playoffs - gloryblaz - 10-27-2011 07:00 PM

i don't remember all the details with cousins and the clay to huffman to mobile (leflore) but i do think there was some discipline issues with slapping a coach or bus driver?? did he have to sit out or was he able to play right away and his team not ruled ineligible??

RE: Clay-Chalkville expected to forfeit nine games and miss playoffs - Blazer86 - 10-27-2011 07:48 PM

I think The Cousins Saga included Erwin High instead of Huffman, but I do not recall CCHS getting anything out of that other than a warning.

The Huffman coach is either innocent of turning them in or generating a helluva diversion with his chatter. I hope this turns out in the truthful way. I hate it for the kids though. Having seen them in person a couple of times, they looked like a team that had all of the ingredients to make a deep run in the playoffs.

RE: Clay-Chalkville expected to forfeit nine games and miss playoffs - mixduptransistor - 10-27-2011 08:30 PM

I don't get high school transfer rules. Don't you have to go to school in the zone you live in? If you transfer, doesn't that mean you moved? And doesn't that mean you can't go back to the previous school? It seems really f'n stupid that athletics would determine whether or not you could move your family, or, if you moved your child couldn't play a sport at their new school

RE: Clay-Chalkville expected to forfeit nine games and miss playoffs - the_blazerman - 10-27-2011 08:40 PM

The issue is that the player didn't leave Huffman in good standing.

Some kids today can live with their mother & attend this school or live with their father & attend another school or even live with the grandparents & attend that school.

My alma mater had a couple of basketball players move into the school zone. One of them had UAB ties.

Then you have the Tyus Boswell deal where mom got a good job to live in Mountain Brook.

RE: Clay-Chalkville expected to forfeit nine games and miss playoffs - gloryblaz - 10-27-2011 08:41 PM

(10-27-2011 08:30 PM)mixduptransistor Wrote:  I don't get high school transfer rules. Don't you have to go to school in the zone you live in? If you transfer, doesn't that mean you moved? And doesn't that mean you can't go back to the previous school? It seems really f'n stupid that athletics would determine whether or not you could move your family, or, if you moved your child couldn't play a sport at their new school

there is the "bonafide move" rule - but i am not sure how that works if multiple schools' bus routes go in front of your house... also - if you did actually move residence, then you would get a fresh start discipline wise... maybe the "good standing" comes in when you don't actually move you just choose a different school that has a bus route on your street??? i am just guessing, but it sure seems confusing...