CSNbbs
Swamp Stadium DJ bad for Pagentry - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SECbbs (/forum-285.html)
+---- Forum: SEC East Team Talk (/forum-237.html)
+----- Forum: Florida (/forum-242.html)
+----- Thread: Swamp Stadium DJ bad for Pagentry (/thread-523458.html)

Swamp Stadium DJ bad for Pagentry - TailGator - 10-18-2011 01:26 PM

I am frustrated with the DJ at the Swamp playing over the marching band( Pride of the Sunshine ). I really miss the days when ONLY the marching band played music in conjunction with fans participation.

The bad dance beats and ACDC, etc give it a very NFL feel. It is taking away from the feel of the quentisential college football atmosphere.

The DJ is even playing over top of the kick off Jaws music where all of the fans do the Gator Chomp. This is intollerable!

I'd also like to point out, that the constant barriage of advertisements being announced over the sound system has become increasingly annoying. The Swamp announcer is trying to sell us something during EVERY break in play on the field.

Notre Dame refuses to get a Jumbo Tron or allow any logos/advertisements in their stadium to help preserve their traditions and purity of the sport. I think we need to start a campaign to stop the Swamp DJ from playing music and insist that we aren't subject to advertisements at in college athletics. This is not a pro-team. This is the Florida Gators.

RE: Swamp Stadium DJ bad for Pagentry - OH Krill - 05-06-2013 12:06 PM

I'm with you, man.