CSNbbs
Cuse Pulling Commits Left and Right - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Cuse Pulling Commits Left and Right (/thread-500579.html)

Pages: 1 2

Cuse Pulling Commits Left and Right - TexanMark - 06-15-2011 10:12 PM

100 Commits

We're giving the SEC a run for their money

RE: Cuse Pulling Commits Left and Right - Stookey57 - 06-15-2011 10:17 PM

whoda thunk they'd go there in rural ny. congrats that is awsome.
4stars three stars excellent class wow.........................

RE: Cuse Pulling Commits Left and Right - snowycuse - 06-15-2011 10:21 PM

(06-15-2011 10:12 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  100 Commits

If only it were true

RE: Cuse Pulling Commits Left and Right - TexanMark - 06-15-2011 10:27 PM

(06-15-2011 10:21 PM)snowycuse Wrote:  

If only it were true

It would be like Pitt's famous Class of 76

RE: Cuse Pulling Commits Left and Right - SF Husky - 06-15-2011 10:51 PM

Hate to disappoint you, but Scout has every school with 100 commits LOL.

Coach P, however, actually did pull in 4 commits in the last 2 days.

RE: Cuse Pulling Commits Left and Right - cuseroc - 06-15-2011 11:09 PM

(06-15-2011 10:51 PM)SF Husky Wrote:  Hate to disappoint you, but Scout has every school with 100 commits LOL.

You didnt really take him seriously did you?

RE: Cuse Pulling Commits Left and Right - SF Husky - 06-15-2011 11:51 PM

(06-15-2011 11:09 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(06-15-2011 10:51 PM)SF Husky Wrote:  Hate to disappoint you, but Scout has every school with 100 commits LOL.

Nope. Scout needs to fix their second rated Website along with their crappy recruit rankings.

Coach P did have pretty good 2 days though pulling in 2 FLA recruits, 1 MA and 1 PA this early in the recruiting season.

RE: Cuse Pulling Commits Left and Right - frogman - 06-16-2011 01:30 AM

Yea. they are not "commits" unless you see a date under the "commit date" column and a check under the LOI column. They are just players who have SYR on their list and they may have other colleges on their list.

SYR has secured some 2 and three star recruits from this list at the bottom of it.

RE: Cuse Pulling Commits Left and Right - cuseroc - 06-16-2011 07:35 AM

(06-15-2011 11:51 PM)SF Husky Wrote:  

Nope. Scout needs to fix their second rated Website along with their crappy recruit rankings.

Coach P did have pretty good 2 days though pulling in 2 FLA recruits, 1 MA and 1 PA this early in the recruiting season.

Pasqualoni was always a good recruiter at SU. The last couple of years was not the norm for him. Its no surprise at all that he would be pulling down some good recruits. He and Deleone will do well down at Uconn. Its going to be very weird seeing the old Syracuse option being run down at Uconn. Deleone is a master with it.

RE: Cuse Pulling Commits Left and Right - snowycuse - 06-16-2011 10:41 AM

Coach P was such a great guy that you really hated to see him fail at the end, and he did fail. I will always wonder how much of that had to do with an athletic director that simply failed in his durty to update facilities however. When recruiting began to slip a bit and we began losing to Rutgers and Temple in addition to our annual September WTF game it was obvious a change was needed. Add this to the fact that P could never beat Miami at full strength or Virginia Tech on a consistent enough basis to get us to the national power level.

When Gross came in and we got buried by Georgia Tech in our bowl game I wonder what happens if Gross refuses to make a knee jerk fire and simply concentrates on updating the dome for P the following year. Greene and Rice probably stay at Cuse instead of going to Rutgers and Syracuse most likely dominates a weak Big East over the last decade. Oh well. Still cant believe we hired Greg Robinson.

RE: Cuse Pulling Commits Left and Right - SF Husky - 06-16-2011 12:14 PM

(06-16-2011 10:41 AM)snowycuse Wrote:  

Coach P was such a great guy that you really hated to see him fail at the end, and he did fail. I will always wonder how much of that had to do with an athletic director that simply failed in his durty to update facilities however. When recruiting began to slip a bit and we began losing to Rutgers and Temple in addition to our annual September WTF game it was obvious a change was needed. Add this to the fact that P could never beat Miami at full strength or Virginia Tech on a consistent enough basis to get us to the national power level.

When Gross came in and we got buried by Georgia Tech in our bowl game I wonder what happens if Gross refuses to make a knee jerk fire and simply concentrates on updating the dome for P the following year. Greene and Rice probably stay at Cuse instead of going to Rutgers and Syracuse most likely dominates a weak Big East over the last decade. Oh well. Still cant believe we hired Greg Robinson.

I believe too much blame was placed on coach P at end of his SU era. There were many other things contributed to SU's demise. Hiring Greg Robinson was a bad bad idea. Gross outdid himself when he thought Robinson would be better than coach P.

Coach P is where he belongs as a CT native. DeLone is an UCONN grad so he is back where he belongs. Coach Don Brown was one of the best defensive coaches in the country and he is back where he belongs.

Coach P did not forget how to coach. From everything I have read, he is doing all the right things and players are very excited.

He is also going back to all the traditional UCONN pipelines. He is recruiting NJ, PA and FLA hard. So far, he got 1 recruit out of NJ, 1 out of PA, 1 out of MASS and 2 out of FLA. That's a good start.

People that continue to disrespect UCONN and keep picking us yearly to go 6th to 8th in preseason will be in for rude awakening. Our program is not going anywhere and certainly not going down due to coach P. His current situation at UCONN is not much different than when was at SU except he has facilities that are 100 times better to work with.

RE: Cuse Pulling Commits Left and Right - Cubanbull - 06-16-2011 02:14 PM

Husky, your program might not be going down but the reality is that the other Big East programs are not standing still and a few are doing better than the Huskies.
We shall see what happens in the upcoming season but if the Huskies will have avery tough time repeating as Big East champs. In fact Ill bet you they wont be Big East champs this year.

RE: Cuse Pulling Commits Left and Right - SF Husky - 06-16-2011 02:37 PM

(06-16-2011 02:14 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  Husky, your program might not be going down but the reality is that the other Big East programs are not standing still and a few are doing better than the Huskies.
We shall see what happens in the upcoming season but if the Huskies will have avery tough time repeating as Big East champs. In fact Ill bet you they wont be Big East champs this year.

LOL. Every year we are picked 6th to 8th. Last year was no different. It is a good thing we all still have to play those games. You think UCONN is standing still? Really? Put it this way, I think we got just as good of chance to repeat this year as any of the BE programs people are pimping.

RE: Cuse Pulling Commits Left and Right - Cubanbull - 06-16-2011 02:55 PM

(06-16-2011 02:37 PM)SF Husky Wrote:  
(06-16-2011 02:14 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  Husky, your program might not be going down but the reality is that the other Big East programs are not standing still and a few are doing better than the Huskies.

LOL. Every year we are picked 6th to 8th. Last year was no different. It is a good thing we all still have to play those games. You think UCONN is standing still? Really? Put it this way, I think we got just as good of chance to repeat this year as any of the BE programs people are pimping.

If you read carefully, i did not say that UConn was standing still, What I did say is that neither are any of the Big East programs and some might be making faster moves than the Huskies.
UConn won 4 Big East games last year in which it was outgained, it was able to win by going +11 in turnovers in those four games. That my friend is difficult to duplicate.
As I said nworry about what anyone says here or in magazines, it will be determined by what happens on the field. UConn had a lot of good things happen to them in that winning streak, we shall see if it happens again. Betting money says they wont.

RE: Cuse Pulling Commits Left and Right - JFlight21 - 06-16-2011 04:20 PM

Color me unimpressed by UConn's commitments best offer (other than UConn) being Temple.

UC is doing pretty well recruiting wise. They have some good commitments with BCS offers thus far and they are in the top two for Brian Kimbrow (top 100 overall player on rivals) and they lead for **** QB Bennie Coney (Arkansas, Auburn, FSU, LSU, Michigan and Va Tech have offered), Nathan Cole (Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Kentucky have offered) and Sheldon Dawson (Arkansas, Louisville, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas Tech have offered) Hopefully Butch Jones can real them in soon.

RE: Cuse Pulling Commits Left and Right - SF Husky - 06-16-2011 08:04 PM

(06-16-2011 04:20 PM)JFlight21 Wrote:  Color me unimpressed by UConn's commitments best offer (other than UConn) being Temple.

UC is doing pretty well recruiting wise. They have some good commitments with BCS offers thus far and they are in the top two for Brian Kimbrow (top 100 overall player on rivals) and they lead for **** QB Bennie Coney (Arkansas, Auburn, FSU, LSU, Michigan and Va Tech have offered), Nathan Cole (Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Virginia, Kentucky have offered) and Sheldon Dawson (Arkansas, Louisville, North Carolina, Tennessee, Texas Tech have offered) Hopefully Butch Jones can real them in soon.

Good thing no one on the UCONN staff cares whether you are impressed or not 03-lmfao Let's see how they perform on the field before you write them off. Otherwise, RU would be winning the BE every year if you think recruiting rankings got anything to do with what's on the field.

RE: Cuse Pulling Commits Left and Right - SF Husky - 06-16-2011 08:05 PM

(06-16-2011 02:55 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  

If you read carefully, i did not say that UConn was standing still, What I did say is that neither are any of the Big East programs and some might be making faster moves than the Huskies.
UConn won 4 Big East games last year in which it was outgained, it was able to win by going +11 in turnovers in those four games. That my friend is difficult to duplicate.
As I said nworry about what anyone says here or in magazines, it will be determined by what happens on the field. UConn had a lot of good things happen to them in that winning streak, we shall see if it happens again. Betting money says they wont.

You mean we were lucky right? Something never change around here 03-banghead03-banghead

RE: Cuse Pulling Commits Left and Right - Cubanbull - 06-16-2011 09:04 PM

(06-16-2011 08:05 PM)SF Husky Wrote:  
(06-16-2011 02:55 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  

You mean we were lucky right? Something never change around here 03-banghead03-banghead

You are correct, somethings never change around here,no one can carry an actual discussion about UConn without you taking it out of context and looking it as a persecution of UConn.
Im done with this. The season will come soon enough and its the only thing that really matters.

RE: Cuse Pulling Commits Left and Right - RUfan03 - 06-16-2011 09:46 PM

100 commits! Wow! Watch out the NCAA will be investigating you for violation of the 85 scholarship rule.02-13-banana

RE: Cuse Pulling Commits Left and Right - TexanMark - 06-16-2011 10:12 PM

(06-16-2011 09:46 PM)RUfan03 Wrote:  

100 commits! Wow! Watch out the NCAA will be investigating you for violation of the 85 scholarship rule.02-13-banana

Someone counted them...it was actually north of 200 LOL

BTW, Cuse has 6 commits so far. They have grabbed the likely best player out of NYC this year.