CSNbbs
OVC Rumors - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ASunbbs (/forum-341.html)
+---- Forum: Atlantic Sun Team Talk (/forum-319.html)
+----- Forum: Lipscomb (/forum-328.html)
+----- Thread: OVC Rumors (/thread-497314.html)

OVC Rumors - JarFly - 05-17-2011 06:46 PM

Any of you Bison fans hearing any rumors or seeing any smoke in regards to Lipscomb joining the OVC? You are the linchpin holding the A-Sun together now that belmont has flew the coup imo. Campbell gone, Kennesaw good as gone, J-Ville looking, Stetson, if they get football? If Lipscomb leaves and ETSU isnt invited to tag along the Bucs athletic program will be sinking into a big black abyss that would take years(if ever) to recover from.

RE: OVC Rumors - DadofTwins - 06-23-2011 04:05 PM

(05-17-2011 06:46 PM)JarFly Wrote:  Any of you Bison fans hearing any rumors or seeing any smoke in regards to Lipscomb joining the OVC? You are the linchpin holding the A-Sun together now that belmont has flew the coup imo. Campbell gone, Kennesaw good as gone, J-Ville looking, Stetson, if they get football? If Lipscomb leaves and ETSU isnt invited to tag along the Bucs athletic program will be sinking into a big black abyss that would take years(if ever) to recover from.

I think the next move is TSU's. If they go to the SWAC, the OVC will look to replace them, and Lipscomb and ETSU are the logical choices. But if TSU stays put, don't look for the OVC to expand beyond 12.

RE: OVC Rumors - TSUMadness - 06-27-2011 02:19 AM

(06-23-2011 04:05 PM)DadofTwins Wrote:  
(05-17-2011 06:46 PM)JarFly Wrote:  Any of you Bison fans hearing any rumors or seeing any smoke in regards to Lipscomb joining the OVC? You are the linchpin holding the A-Sun together now that belmont has flew the coup imo. Campbell gone, Kennesaw good as gone, J-Ville looking, Stetson, if they get football? If Lipscomb leaves and ETSU isnt invited to tag along the Bucs athletic program will be sinking into a big black abyss that would take years(if ever) to recover from.

I think the next move is TSU's. If they go to the SWAC, the OVC will look to replace them, and Lipscomb and ETSU are the logical choices. But if TSU stays put, don't look for the OVC to expand beyond 12.

TSU leaving? Not in the near future! There are no viable options and the SWAC is not an option we prefer.

RE: OVC Rumors - Tiger1983 - 07-22-2011 09:30 PM

I think Lipscomb will go to the OVC within the next five years. Savings from travel cost is a consideration when dealing with a tight budget.

RE: OVC Rumors - DadofTwins - 08-07-2011 02:21 PM

I think Lipscomb would jump given the chance. I'm just not sure the OVC would take them absent a loss of an existing member (or two).