CSNbbs
ESPN baseball bracketology - A-Sun related projections - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ASunbbs (/forum-341.html)
+---- Forum: Atlantic Sun Conference Talk (/forum-322.html)
+---- Thread: ESPN baseball bracketology - A-Sun related projections (/thread-496573.html)

ESPN baseball bracketology - A-Sun related projections - Golden Jedi Knight - 05-10-2011 11:22 PM

Someone posted this link over on the C-USA board, and I thought you guys here on the A-Sun board might be interested:

http://espn.go.com/ncaa/blog/_/name/ncaa_baseball/id/6519997/conference-races-come-wire

Here are the Regionals they list that involve A-Sun teams:

DeLand Regional
Stetson
Miami
Mississippi State
Kent State

Nashville Regional
No. 2 Vanderbilt
Oklahoma State
East Tennessee State
Austin Peay

Jacksonville is listed as one of their "first nine out."

I think it's cool to see that Stetson will likely host a Regional. Way to go, Hatters! This would be Stetson's first time ever hosting one, am I correct?

RE: ESPN baseball bracketology - A-Sun related projections - HatterFan - 05-11-2011 09:40 AM

if we get one, that's right, haven't had one at home before. It'd be pretty sweet.

RE: ESPN baseball bracketology - A-Sun related projections - Stetson_1883 - 05-12-2011 07:17 AM

(05-11-2011 09:40 AM)HatterFan Wrote:  if we get one, that's right, haven't had one at home before. It'd be pretty sweet.

They need to presale 1000 weekend passes I believe, before they get to host. Im not sure that will happen.

I also doubt SU will host anyways. I havent been keeping up with the rankings too much (besides SU) but wouldnt UF, FSO or UM be picked over us? Has any of them put in a bid to host?

Go Hats!

RE: ESPN baseball bracketology - A-Sun related projections - HatterFan - 05-12-2011 01:47 PM

the idea would be that UF, FSU and Stetson would all host and Miami would likely come here. After losing to FSU and FIU the last 2 nights now I dunno anymore.

RE: ESPN baseball bracketology - A-Sun related projections - Golden Jedi Knight - 05-13-2011 11:06 PM

May 12th ESPN blog has JU and ETSU listed as at-large candidates. They seem to think both programs have a shot, but my interpretation is that the only way they both get in is if one of them gets the conference's automatic bid.

http://espn.go.com/ncaa/blog/_/name/ncaa_baseball/month/may-2011

RE: ESPN baseball bracketology - A-Sun related projections - st932253 - 05-17-2011 11:18 PM

UCF, Miami and FIU are all vying for #2 seeds. Someone's leaving the state.

RE: ESPN baseball bracketology - A-Sun related projections - Golden Jedi Knight - 05-19-2011 11:04 PM

(05-17-2011 11:18 PM)st932253 Wrote:  UCF, Miami and FIU are all vying for #2 seeds. Someone's leaving the state.

According to the May 19th from this site, none of those teams you mentioned will leave the state:

DeLand Regional
Stetson
Miami
UCF
Kent State

Tallahassee Regional
No. 6 Florida State
Florida International
Tulane
Manhattan

I doubt we'll end up playing in Deland, but who knows . . . .

ETSU is listed as a #2 seed in the May 19th predictions:

Nashville Regional
No. 7 Vanderbilt
East Tennessee State
NC State
Austin Peay

Jacksonville is still predicted to be one of the first nine out.

RE: ESPN baseball bracketology - A-Sun related projections - Golden Jedi Knight - 05-24-2011 10:42 PM

ESPN's latest Regionals projections for A-Sun teams (May 24th):

Columbia Regional
No. 1 South Carolina
Stetson
NC State
Coastal Carolina

Nashville Regional
No. 4 Vanderbilt
California
East Tennessee State
Austin Peay

Tallahassee Regional
No. 7 Florida State
Florida International
Jacksonville
Manhattan

And their projection for UCF . . . .

Atlanta Regional
Georgia Tech
UCF
Auburn
Stony Brook

Last five in: Auburn, Kansas State, Dallas Baptist, LSU, Cal State Bakersfield

First nine out: Ole Miss, Southeastern Louisiana, Mercer, Texas Tech, Illinois State, St. John's, UNC Greensboro, St. John's, Rhode Island