CSNbbs
Uh oh...Villanova's vote delayed - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Lounge (/forum-564.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-517.html)
+----- Forum: Realignment Archives (/forum-937.html)
+----- Thread: Uh oh...Villanova's vote delayed (/thread-492856.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Uh oh...Villanova's vote delayed - ClairtonPanther - 04-12-2011 07:18 PM

(04-12-2011 07:12 PM)gosports1 Wrote:  
(04-12-2011 01:18 PM)No Bull Wrote:  
(04-12-2011 01:04 PM)WacoBearcat Wrote:  Nova is not prepared, willing, able to make the financial commitment required for BCS football. It doesn't have a clue.

Whats that say about the leadership in Providence? They tried to foist this upon the football schools.....

Why didnt the FB schools express their doubts last fall? I find it hard to imagine Marinatto woke one morning and said we should invite villanova, i'll call the media but not confer with the league members.

It continues to amaze me, how some people have such a low opinion of the football schools that they believe they are "forced" to do things against their best interests.

Which makes me thing this whole thing was staged a little. They wanted us to pay attention to Nova while the real moves was being made behind the scenes.

RE: Uh oh...Villanova's vote delayed - omniorange - 04-12-2011 07:21 PM

(04-12-2011 07:18 PM)animus Wrote:  
(04-12-2011 07:12 PM)gosports1 Wrote:  
(04-12-2011 01:18 PM)No Bull Wrote:  
(04-12-2011 01:04 PM)WacoBearcat Wrote:  Nova is not prepared, willing, able to make the financial commitment required for BCS football. It doesn't have a clue.

Whats that say about the leadership in Providence? They tried to foist this upon the football schools.....

Why didnt the FB schools express their doubts last fall? I find it hard to imagine Marinatto woke one morning and said we should invite villanova, i'll call the media but not confer with the league members.

It continues to amaze me, how some people have such a low opinion of the football schools that they believe they are "forced" to do things against their best interests.

Which makes me thing this whole thing was staged a little. They wanted us to pay attention to Nova while the real moves was being made behind the scenes.

Or simpler than that, Nova had to be given a chance before TCU could get in. Contact with TCU regarding their interest was made prior to the announcement about Nova. 03-wink

Cheers,
Neil

RE: Uh oh...Villanova's vote delayed - Nola Gator - 04-12-2011 07:21 PM

(04-12-2011 04:20 PM)CatsClaw Wrote:  You can take the Big 12 off of that list of lucrative conferences Sammy, they are not near the level of the ACC, SEC, Big Ten or PAC-10. You guys are more ripe for the picking than the Big East. You have three conference hovering over that carcass.

The only reason the Big 12 is vulnerable is because there are teams that other conferences want. And the SEC, for one does not want a Big 12 school. They will only go after Texas A&M if there is a substantial risk of other conferences expanding beyond 12. The SEC going after TAMU is as counterproductive as the Big East going after Kansas since it would bring about a seismic shift that hurts itself.

And you are clearly wrong, that the Big 12 is not lucrative.

RE: Uh oh...Villanova's vote delayed - CougarRed - 04-12-2011 07:48 PM

(04-12-2011 07:05 PM)jml2010 Wrote:  FTR, UNT leads UH in football 7-5

LMAO 03-lmfao

6 of those wins by North Texas are so old they came before college football was integrated.

The only modern era UNT win was 1975. That was the year before Houston joined the SWC. Hall of Fame coach Bill Yeoman redshirted and hid every player he could. As a result, UH went 2-8 and lulled the SWC to sleep.

The next year, we won the SWC and went to the Cotton Bowl. If losing to North Texas in 1975 was the price we had to pay to get to the Cotton Bowl in 1976, so be it.

RE: Uh oh...Villanova's vote delayed - canewton - 04-12-2011 09:56 PM

(04-12-2011 07:05 PM)jml2010 Wrote:  
(04-12-2011 06:27 PM)canewton Wrote:  
(04-11-2011 10:12 PM)jml2010 Wrote:  
(04-11-2011 10:00 PM)canewton Wrote:  
(04-11-2011 09:53 PM)jml2010 Wrote:  Deloss didn't leave TCU, SMU, Rice and UH behind. Politics and their lack of fans left those schools behind.

LOLOLOL UNT

LOLOLOL Coog.

Can you dispute anything I said? In 1993, did UH Rice, SMU and TCU have any kind of Texas legislative support demanding that those schools be included in the Big 12 instead of Baylor and Tech? No. Did UH, Rice, SMU and TCU have attendance issues and in some cases NCAA problems? Yes.

So instead of laughing at me for pursuing a 2nd degree at UNT, please explain what I have written is incorrect?

Nah, what you wrote was right. Enjoy your music degree or what the **** ever it was that was worthwhile there.

Thank You. I'm not getting music degree. By the way, UNT & UH have a lot of the same characteristics. Big commuter school with sub par facilities and very little support from the alumni, students or fans. I have no grand ideas of UNT being anything more than what they are. It's big school that is affordable in comparison to SMU & TCU. I would have never chosen UNT out of HS but since I have a family, this was the most economical way to go back to school and get a 2nd degree.

FTR, UNT leads UH in football 7-5 and over the last 6 seasons has averaged 5600 less than UH.

Yeah, our schools are reaaaaal similar. Enjoy hipster U.