CSNbbs
ND women's basketball in Final Four - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: ND women's basketball in Final Four (/thread-490999.html)

Pages: 1 2

ND women's basketball in Final Four - TerryD - 03-28-2011 08:28 PM

ND beat #1 seed Tennessee 73-59. It was ND's first victory against the Volunteers, ever, in 21 games.

Coach Muffett McGraw has guided her team into the Final Four for the third time. They will play in Indianapolis, where hopefully they will have a lot of fans.

Skylar Diggins had 24 points to lead the Lady Irish.

http://www.und.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/wbb-1011-wallpaper.html

RE: ND women's basketball in Final Four - thecomet89 - 03-28-2011 08:31 PM

Great news for the Big East!

RE: ND women's basketball in Final Four - uconnbaseball - 03-28-2011 08:43 PM

Way to go ND! That's two Big East teams (GU as well) that have blasted the Vols this year.

RE: ND women's basketball in Final Four - gosports1 - 03-28-2011 09:00 PM

how do the brackets breakdown? when could they see uconn?

RE: ND women's basketball in Final Four - panite - 03-28-2011 09:03 PM

You are just full of good news today Terry - hockey - ladies BB.

It is great to have Notre Dame in the the BE. I love Notre Dame and am proud to have Notre Dame as a BE member. Didn't they make a run in the baseball college world series in recent years too.

Go Notre Dame - Go Irish!!
:noisycricket: :noisycricket: :noisycricket: 04-rock 04-bow :ncaabbs: 02-13-banana 02-13-banana :ugaexams: :dance: 03-2thumbsup :uberbow: :band: 04-cheers

RE: ND women's basketball in Final Four - TerryD - 03-28-2011 09:48 PM

Yes, ND baseball went to the College World Series in 2002 under Paul Mainieri. They beat Rice in a dramatic ninth inning rally but lost two one run games to Stanford.

Unfortunately, ND baseball is in the pits right now at 9-12-1.

Hey, ND won the fencing national championship last week. Does that count for anything?

I think that ND is still ranked #3 in the country in lacrosse.

I also saw today that ND men's basketball has the fourth best record in the Big East for the last four years. That sort of surprised me. I really didn't know that they had done that well in the conference regular season during that time period, to be honest.

RE: ND women's basketball in Final Four - quo vadis - 03-28-2011 09:50 PM

(03-28-2011 08:28 PM)TerryD Wrote:  ND beat #1 seed Tennessee 73-59. It was ND's first victory against the Volunteers, ever, in 21 games.

Any time you beat Tennessee deep in the tourney, that's a nice achievement. Congratulations! 04-cheers

Unfortunately for the Irish, i think that the odds are 99% that the national champ will be Uconn, Stanford, or Baylor.

RE: ND women's basketball in Final Four - TerryD - 03-28-2011 10:23 PM

Agree on the odds. I am just glad they beat Tennessee and made the Final Four.

RE: ND women's basketball in Final Four - JHG722 - 03-28-2011 11:40 PM

Thanks for beating us ND :/

RE: ND women's basketball in Final Four - SF Husky - 03-29-2011 02:49 AM

Tenn got scared of facing UCONN so they dropped the game against ND. Now UCONN might have to beat ND for the 4th time this year to reach the championship game.

It can't be that easy to beat the same good team 4 times in the row. Why didn't they put ND in the bracket with Baylor and put Texas A&M with UCONN? It would have made the games more interesting.

RE: ND women's basketball in Final Four - USFMike - 03-29-2011 03:37 AM

good for notre dame but i really wanted to see uconn smack around tennessee, it seems they haven't played in years.

RE: ND women's basketball in Final Four - tcufrog86 - 03-29-2011 07:46 AM

(03-28-2011 09:48 PM)TerryD Wrote:  Yes, ND baseball went to the College World Series in 2002 under Paul Mainieri. They beat Rice in a dramatic ninth inning rally but lost two one run games to Stanford.

Unfortunately, ND baseball is in the pits right now at 9-12-1.

Hey, ND won the fencing national championship last week. Does that count for anything?

I think that ND is still ranked #3 in the country in lacrosse.

I also saw today that ND men's basketball has the fourth best record in the Big East for the last four years. That sort of surprised me. I really didn't know that they had done that well in the conference regular season during that time period, to be honest.

Yeah it counts for 100 points in the director's cup 02-13-banana

RE: ND women's basketball in Final Four - bitcruncher - 03-29-2011 08:39 AM

(03-29-2011 02:49 AM)SF Husky Wrote:  Tenn got scared of facing UCONN so they dropped the game against ND.
How does Tennessee losing to Notre Dame have anything to do with UConn? UConn's players didn't score any points for ND, and certainly didn't get any rebounds. Not everything has to do with UConn, Husky. Notre Dame's players played a very good game, and came out with a big win...

BTW, Baylor's going to win it all. So lighten up already... 05-stirthepot

RE: ND women's basketball in Final Four - Murph1 - 03-29-2011 05:26 PM

(03-29-2011 08:39 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  BTW, Baylor's going to win it all. So lighten up already... 05-stirthepot

Oh, silly Bit. 07-coffee3

RE: ND women's basketball in Final Four - SF Husky - 03-29-2011 06:16 PM

(03-29-2011 08:39 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  BTW, Baylor's going to win it all. So lighten up already... 05-stirthepot

Sorry Bit. It ain't gonna happen.

RE: ND women's basketball in Final Four - quo vadis - 03-29-2011 06:23 PM

(03-28-2011 10:23 PM)TerryD Wrote:  Agree on the odds. I am just glad they beat Tennessee and made the Final Four.

Indeed, it's a fantastic achievement. You get to cut down nets and add a very nice trophy to the case. 04-cheers

RE: ND women's basketball in Final Four - quo vadis - 03-29-2011 06:25 PM

(03-29-2011 02:49 AM)SF Husky Wrote:  Tenn got scared of facing UCONN so they dropped the game against ND. Now UCONN might have to beat ND for the 4th time this year to reach the championship game.

It can't be that easy to beat the same good team 4 times in the row. Why didn't they put ND in the bracket with Baylor and put Texas A&M with UCONN? It would have made the games more interesting.

Maybe more interesting, but if i were a UConn fan, i'd be very happy that Uconn will face Notre Dame (ain't no way in hell Uconn loses to Duke). Stanford and Baylor are the two teams with reasonable chances of beating Uconn, so much better that Uconn gets to sit back and watch one knock the other off rather than have to face both.

RE: ND women's basketball in Final Four - SF Husky - 03-29-2011 07:07 PM

(03-29-2011 06:25 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(03-29-2011 02:49 AM)SF Husky Wrote:  Tenn got scared of facing UCONN so they dropped the game against ND. Now UCONN might have to beat ND for the 4th time this year to reach the championship game.

Maybe more interesting, but if i were a UConn fan, i'd be very happy that Uconn will face Notre Dame (ain't no way in hell Uconn loses to Duke). Stanford and Baylor are the two teams with reasonable chances of beating Uconn, so much better that Uconn gets to sit back and watch one knock the other off rather than have to face both.

I would prefer to face Tenn. It is hard to beat the same team 4 times in one year and that's exactly what's going on. ND is a good team too so it is not easy even for the Huskies. There are only so many tricks you can try before the other team figured it out.

RE: ND women's basketball in Final Four - quo vadis - 03-29-2011 07:41 PM

(03-29-2011 07:07 PM)SF Husky Wrote:  
(03-29-2011 06:25 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  

I would prefer to face Tenn. It is hard to beat the same team 4 times in one year and that's exactly what's going on. ND is a good team too so it is not easy even for the Huskies. There are only so many tricks you can try before the other team figured it out.

I just flipped on ESPN 2 and with 8 minutes left, Maya Moore has more points (26) than does Duke (25).

You guys will beat Notre Dame by at least 20.

RE: ND women's basketball in Final Four - uconnbaseball - 03-29-2011 08:11 PM

Duke is terrible. Marist would have whipped them had Allenspach stayed healthy.