CSNbbs
Halfway through, and there's already two potential all-Big East matchups in 2nd round - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Halfway through, and there's already two potential all-Big East matchups in 2nd round (/thread-488023.html)

Halfway through, and there's already two potential all-Big East matchups in 2nd round - usffan - 03-13-2011 05:29 PM

It also seems kind of lazy to put 4 of our teams in the same regional...

USFFan

RE: Halfway through, and there's already two potential all-Big East matchups in 2nd round - gosports1 - 03-13-2011 05:32 PM

im not very thrilled with the BE seedings. Seems they are being set up to not dominate the final 4

RE: Halfway through, and there's already two potential all-Big East matchups in 2nd round - bitcruncher - 03-13-2011 05:34 PM

They sure made it difficult for Duke. No possible chance of them playing a BEast team before the Elite Eight, and the 2 BEast teams in the west play each other in the 2nd round...

RE: Halfway through, and there's already two potential all-Big East matchups in 2nd round - CollegeCard - 03-13-2011 05:39 PM

Pitt's region will be rated the easiest by everyone. Their 2-4 seeds are going to be BYU, Florida, and Wisconsin.

RE: Halfway through, and there's already two potential all-Big East matchups in 2nd round - TampaKnight - 03-13-2011 05:47 PM

It's all your fault for putting 11 teams in the tournament! 05-stirthepot

RE: Halfway through, and there's already two potential all-Big East matchups in 2nd round - cuseroc - 03-13-2011 05:51 PM

(03-13-2011 05:39 PM)CollegeCard Wrote:  Pitt's region will be rated the easiest by everyone. Their 2-4 seeds are going to be BYU, Florida, and Wisconsin.

There is absolutely no reason for Pitt not to make the final four this year with that bracket. I think SU may have the toughest bracket to get thru.

Get ready for acc whinning in only getting 4 teams in this season.

RE: Halfway through, and there's already two potential all-Big East matchups in 2nd round - SF Husky - 03-13-2011 05:53 PM

This is BS. UNC and Florida over UCONN as a #2 seed? I am not complaining about the west other than playing SDSU at Anaheim but those 2 have no business being ahead of UCONN in anything.

On top of that, they got us playing Cincy in the 2nd round? Why did they do that to BE teams?

RE: Halfway through, and there's already two potential all-Big East matchups in 2nd round - goodknightfl - 03-13-2011 05:58 PM

(03-13-2011 05:29 PM)usffan Wrote:  It also seems kind of lazy to put 4 of our teams in the same regional...

USFFan

congrats on getting 11 teams in. With 1 of 5.5 schools being a BE school you were bound to have some early match ups. I was glad to See CUSA get a 2nd in. 2 years in a row with more than one is part of CUSA climbing back up the ladder. Should get 3 or 4 in the NIT as well. Good luck in the tournie.

RE: Halfway through, and there's already two potential all-Big East matchups in 2nd round - wvmountaineerfan1 - 03-13-2011 06:09 PM

I believe the committee has the ability to move a team up or down one seed line, in order to avoid first round rematches, etc....

Dont understand why they wouldnt just move Marquette up to a 10 in the East, and move Georgia down to an 11.

6 Xavier
11 Georgia

3 Syracuse
14 Indiana State

7 Washington
10 Marquette

2 North Carolina
15 Long Island

In the West, why not swap Cincinnati from a 6 to a 7 with Temple??

6 Temple
11 Missouri

3 UConn
14 Bucknell

7 Cincinnati
10 Penn State

2 San Diego State
15 N Colorado

This would have avoided any possible 2nd rd BE matchups
IMO, teams from the same conference shouldn't be playing each other on the first weekend.

RE: Halfway through, and there's already two potential all-Big East matchups in 2nd round - bearcat PACO - 03-13-2011 06:21 PM

(03-13-2011 06:09 PM)wvmountaineerfan1 Wrote:  I believe the committee has the ability to move a team up or down one seed line, in order to avoid first round rematches, etc....

Dont understand why they wouldnt just move Marquette up to a 10 in the East, and move Georgia down to an 11.

6 Xavier
11 Georgia

3 Syracuse
14 Indiana State

7 Washington
10 Marquette

2 North Carolina
15 Long Island

In the West, why not swap Cincinnati from a 6 to a 7 with Temple??

6 Temple
11 Missouri

3 UConn
14 Bucknell

7 Cincinnati
10 Penn State

2 San Diego State
15 N Colorado

This would have avoided any possible 2nd rd BE matchups
IMO, teams from the same conference shouldn't be playing each other on the first weekend.

Xavier and Georgia played in the regular season. But I understand the point you were making. They were simply just lazy in switching things around.

RE: Halfway through, and there's already two potential all-Big East matchups in 2nd round - Yosemite Panther - 03-13-2011 06:28 PM

(03-13-2011 05:51 PM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(03-13-2011 05:39 PM)CollegeCard Wrote:  Pitt's region will be rated the easiest by everyone. Their 2-4 seeds are going to be BYU, Florida, and Wisconsin.

There is absolutely no reason for Pitt not to make the final four this year with that bracket. I think SU may have the toughest bracket to get thru.

Don't sleep on ODU, Pitt's potential 2nd round opponent. ODU has a RPI of 20 and is the #1 rebounding team in the country. Maybe we shouldn't keep score in that game, just keep track of who wins the rebounding battle.

I like our 2 through 4 seeds in our region, but then you also have Kansas State and UCLA (and old buddy Benny H) also. Plus Belmont may KO #4 seed Wisky.

RE: Halfway through, and there's already two potential all-Big East matchups in 2nd round - Cubanbull - 03-13-2011 06:29 PM

I think that the committee was pretty lazy about the seeds this year. But whatever the Big East got 11 in so lets see how many make it to Elite Eight.

RE: Halfway through, and there's already two potential all-Big East matchups in 2nd round - Ring of Black - 03-13-2011 08:33 PM

(03-13-2011 05:53 PM)SF Husky Wrote:  On top of that, they got us playing Cincy in the 2nd round? Why did they do that to BE teams?

Probably our "price" for getting 11 teams in. At least, that's the way they'll rationalize it.

Not thrilled with playing a hot UConn team so early (assuming we even beat Missouri). But, I know the players will be excited about proving themselves in the rematch. Should be a good one if we both advance.

RE: Halfway through, and there's already two potential all-Big East matchups in 2nd round - billyjack - 03-14-2011 12:00 AM

Agree that some of those seedings make no sense. The committee wanted to eliminate the possibility that the Big East could get 11 teams in the Sweet 16, or 8 teams in the Elite 8. Our tourney ended Saturday, so they had plenty of time to place teams properly; so that's why I think it's deliberate.

RE: Halfway through, and there's already two potential all-Big East matchups in 2nd round - KnightLight - 03-14-2011 05:13 AM

All 3 of those teams could lose by the 2nd round...with BYU and Wisconsin potentially getting upset in the 1st round.

Pitt definitely got a break...as some of the other regions look like "killers" compare to those Top 4.

RE: Halfway through, and there's already two potential all-Big East matchups in 2nd round - Bearcats#1 - 03-14-2011 05:57 AM

I just don't understand why the second round is possibly UC/UCONN.....I thought the rule was two teams from same conference can't play each other until the sweet 16 game. I'm sure the Big East getting 11 bids made the process difficult but they shouldn't have penalized us for being THAT good of a conference...jeez

RE: Halfway through, and there's already two potential all-Big East matchups in 2nd round - Ring of Black - 03-14-2011 08:43 AM

(03-14-2011 05:13 AM)KnightLight Wrote:  

All 3 of those teams could lose by the 2nd round...with BYU and Wisconsin potentially getting upset in the 1st round.

Pitt definitely got a break...as some of the other regions look like "killers" compare to those Top 4.

Wisky (vs. Belmont) and K-State (vs. Utah State) get no favors. I don't care what league they're in - 30 wins is nothing to laugh at.

RE: Halfway through, and there's already two potential all-Big East matchups in 2nd round - bitcruncher - 03-14-2011 08:53 AM

(03-14-2011 05:57 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  I just don't understand why the second round is possibly UC/UCONN
Do you think Marquette is thrilled to have the prospect of meeting Syracuse in the 2nd round?

RE: Halfway through, and there's already two potential all-Big East matchups in 2nd round - MUAvalanche - 03-14-2011 09:35 AM

(03-14-2011 08:53 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  
(03-14-2011 05:57 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  I just don't understand why the second round is possibly UC/UCONN
Do you think Marquette is thrilled to have the prospect of meeting Syracuse in the 2nd round?

Interesting that every Johnny Bracketologist can figure out a way to keep teams from the same conference from meeting in round 2, but the selection committee struggles with that.

RE: Halfway through, and there's already two potential all-Big East matchups in 2nd round - SF Husky - 03-14-2011 04:28 PM

(03-14-2011 05:57 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  I just don't understand why the second round is possibly UC/UCONN.....I thought the rule was two teams from same conference can't play each other until the sweet 16 game. I'm sure the Big East getting 11 bids made the process difficult but they shouldn't have penalized us for being THAT good of a conference...jeez

It sucks. They could easily switch Temple with Cincy and it should solve that problem. At that point, UCONN won't meet you guys until the sweet 16.