CSNbbs
A Big East team wins the Lambert trophy. - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: A Big East team wins the Lambert trophy. (/thread-482666.html)

Pages: 1 2

A Big East team wins the Lambert trophy. - Stookey57 - 02-21-2011 01:15 PM

in just 10 years playing fbs football UCONN wins the lambert.

http://blogs.courant.com/uconn_football/2011/01/huskies-win-lambert-trophy-bes.html

RE: A Big East team wins the Lambert trophy. - bitcruncher - 02-21-2011 02:01 PM

The Lambert Trophy is irrelevant these days. I don't even pay it any attention any longer. It would be different if all the eastern teams played each other. But they don't any longer...

But congrats anyway... 04-cheers

RE: A Big East team wins the Lambert trophy. - Yosemite Panther - 02-21-2011 02:10 PM

(02-21-2011 02:01 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  The Lambert Trophy is irrelevant these days. I don't even pay it any attention any longer. It would be different if all the eastern teams played each other. But they don't any longer...

But congrats anyway... 04-cheers

I agree about the Lambert Trophy. It had meaning back when the Eastern teams were Independents with no conference affiliation, it was kinda like their "Conference Championship Trophy" without a real conference.

Now, who cares about it, you have teams from how many conferences in the voting--Big 10+1+1 (PSu), ACC (BC), Big East, and any other conferences? It means nothing in today's world of college football.

But congrats to UConn anyway for winning it. 04-cheers

RE: A Big East team wins the Lambert trophy. - L-yes - 02-21-2011 05:14 PM

(02-21-2011 01:15 PM)Stookey57 Wrote:  in just 10 years playing fbs football UCONN wins the lambert.

http://blogs.courant.com/uconn_football/2011/01/huskies-win-lambert-trophy-bes.html

I had no idea what the Lambert Trophy is or was, thanks! UC won the Keg of Nails this year. 03-weeping

RE: A Big East team wins the Lambert trophy. - Maize - 02-21-2011 06:22 PM

(02-21-2011 05:14 PM)L-yes Wrote:  
(02-21-2011 01:15 PM)Stookey57 Wrote:  in just 10 years playing fbs football UCONN wins the lambert.

I had no idea what the Lambert Trophy is or was, thanks! UC won the Keg of Nails this year. 03-weeping

Congrats to UConn, hell we won it in 2006 L-Yes. Not what it use to be but still a very nice accomphishment.

RE: A Big East team wins the Lambert trophy. - L-yes - 02-21-2011 07:59 PM

(02-21-2011 06:22 PM)Maize Wrote:  
(02-21-2011 05:14 PM)L-yes Wrote:  

Congrats to UConn, hell we won it in 2006 L-Yes. Not what it use to be but still a very nice accomphishment.

We did!? I missed the banner in the stadium.

RE: A Big East team wins the Lambert trophy. - bitcruncher - 02-21-2011 08:08 PM

It's a meaningless trophy. Why memorialize something that no longer exists?

RE: A Big East team wins the Lambert trophy. - Yosemite Panther - 02-21-2011 08:11 PM

(02-21-2011 08:08 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  It's a meaningless trophy. Why memorialize something that no longer exists?

When the Lambert Trophy actually meant something, Louisville wasn't even in the voting since it was just for the "Eastern" independents.

Now they include anyone who plays in the "Big East" in the meaningless voting, so maybe next year TCU will win the Lambert Trophy, symbol of Eastern Supremacy, since they will be in the Big East. 03-lmfao

RE: A Big East team wins the Lambert trophy. - bitcruncher - 02-21-2011 08:45 PM

TCU is going to have to go through the Mountaineers first... 05-mafia

But as far as I'm concerned, they can retire the Lambert Trophy on JoePa's mantle...

RE: A Big East team wins the Lambert trophy. - Maize - 02-21-2011 08:55 PM

No, more then likely the road to the BIG EAST Football Championship will run through Fort Worth. They just might have been truly the best team in the country last year.

They had the without a shadow of a doubt the best team defense in college football in 2010 and right now the best recruiting class of any BIG EAST school in 2011 as well.

RE: A Big East team wins the Lambert trophy. - bitcruncher - 02-21-2011 08:59 PM

Talk to me again in a couple of years, Maize... 05-mafia

RE: A Big East team wins the Lambert trophy. - Maize - 02-21-2011 09:49 PM

(02-21-2011 08:59 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Talk to me again in a couple of years, Maize... 05-mafia

Oliver Luck pretty much said so himself...outside of USF-(who IMO is the favorite to win the league in 2011, the game with WVU is in Tampa this year) they have the best recruiting base. That the advantage they have over schools like WVU, Syracuse, UConn and Louisville.

Pre-Spring Predictions for 2011 BIG EAST Football:
1. USF
2. WVU
3. Pittsburgh
4a. Syracuse
4b. Louisville
4c. Cincinnati
7. UConn
8. Rutgers

RE: A Big East team wins the Lambert trophy. - RUfan03 - 02-21-2011 11:10 PM

(02-21-2011 09:49 PM)Maize Wrote:  
(02-21-2011 08:59 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Talk to me again in a couple of years, Maize... 05-mafia

Oliver Luck pretty much said so himself...outside of USF-(who IMO is the favorite to win the league in 2011, the game with WVU is in Tampa this year) they have the best recruiting base. That the advantage they have over schools like WVU, Syracuse, UConn and Louisville.

Pre-Spring Predictions for 2011 BIG EAST Football:
1. USF
2. WVU
3. Pittsburgh
4a. Syracuse
4b. Louisville
4c. Cincinnati
7. UConn
8. Rutgers

Congratulations to Uconn for winning the trophy even if it doesn't have the same luster that it use to have.

I agree that TCU has a very good recruiting base but so does USF in Florida. Both however, have to go against stiff competition for their in state talent.

Rutgers lost one game by 4 points, two games by 3 points and one game by 1 point. Every thing went down hill after the Eric Legrand injury. A little better execution and they could have been 8-4. Could have, should have but didn't. Last year is over, this is a new year. I know it is only an early pre season predication but I strongly feel that RU won't be in 8th place come the end of this football season and will be in the upper half of the conference again.

RE: A Big East team wins the Lambert trophy. - ohio1317 - 02-21-2011 11:44 PM

TCU entering the conference makes me think they should redo the rules a bit. I know the trophy doesn't mean what it used to, but if it's supposed to represent the east coast, it shouldn't be possible for a Texas team to win it.

RE: A Big East team wins the Lambert trophy. - CardinalSpirit - 02-22-2011 02:26 AM

(02-21-2011 06:22 PM)Maize Wrote:  hell we won it in 2006

We won many things... including games... in 2006.

Gee, those were the days.

Sure hope Charlie gets us back there. I'd even settle for another Lambert trophy.

RE: A Big East team wins the Lambert trophy. - L-yes - 02-22-2011 08:35 AM

(02-21-2011 08:11 PM)Yosemite Panther Wrote:  
(02-21-2011 08:08 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  It's a meaningless trophy. Why memorialize something that no longer exists?

When the Lambert Trophy actually meant something, Louisville wasn't even in the voting since it was just for the "Eastern" independents.

Now they include anyone who plays in the "Big East" in the meaningless voting, so maybe next year TCU will win the Lambert Trophy, symbol of Eastern Supremacy, since they will be in the Big East. 03-lmfao

So I should have posted something like; "After only 1 year of elegibility Louisville football brings home the most coveted and beloved award in college athletics, the Lambert Trophy."

RE: A Big East team wins the Lambert trophy. - DFW HOYA - 02-22-2011 11:25 AM

Outside of the Big East and Penn State, who is eligible for the Lambert Trophy? It's not like they're going to give it to Colgate or UMass.

RE: A Big East team wins the Lambert trophy. - bitcruncher - 02-22-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:To be eligible for the Lambert Meadowlands Award, a school must be located in the East or play at least half of its schedule against eligible Lambert teams. The territory includes New York, New Jersey, New England and Pennsylvania, while teams in the bordering states of Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia and the District of Columbia qualify if at least half of their schedule features eligible teams. Teams in Eastern-based football conferences, regardless of location, qualify if at least half their schedule is against Lambert eligible teams.
http://wvillustrated.com/wvunews/detail/news/970

RE: A Big East team wins the Lambert trophy. - Jackson1011 - 02-22-2011 11:30 AM

(02-22-2011 11:25 AM)DFW HOYA Wrote:  Outside of the Big East and Penn State, who is eligible for the Lambert Trophy? It's not like they're going to give it to Colgate or UMass.

Boston College, Army, Navy, Temple etc.

If Nova moves up, I think TCU will have enough eastern teams on its schedule to qualify winning the trophy. Miami won several of them and no one seemed to worry about that

BTW, congrats Uconn. Winning the LB Trophy is rare. I know WVU has more BE football championship trophies then Lambert trophies in Morgantown

Jackson

RE: A Big East team wins the Lambert trophy. - bitcruncher - 02-22-2011 11:59 AM

(02-22-2011 11:30 AM)Jackson1011 Wrote:  
(02-22-2011 11:25 AM)DFW HOYA Wrote:  Outside of the Big East and Penn State, who is eligible for the Lambert Trophy? It's not like they're going to give it to Colgate or UMass.
Boston College, Army, Navy, Temple etc.
Those are the traditionals. But the exact details on who is eligible and who isn't is...
Quote:To be eligible for the Lambert Meadowlands Award, a school must be located in the East or play at least half of its schedule against eligible Lambert teams. The territory includes New York, New Jersey, New England and Pennsylvania, while teams in the bordering states of Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia and the District of Columbia qualify if at least half of their schedule features eligible teams. Teams in Eastern-based football conferences, regardless of location, qualify if at least half their schedule is against Lambert eligible teams.
http://wvillustrated.com/wvunews/detail/news/970