CSNbbs
Bruce donates "clinch ball", batting gloves to Reds HOF - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-400.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Archives (/forum-418.html)
+------ Forum: Cincinnati Archives (/forum-932.html)
+------ Thread: Bruce donates "clinch ball", batting gloves to Reds HOF (/thread-478222.html)

Bruce donates "clinch ball", batting gloves to Reds HOF - ctipton - 01-29-2011 04:38 PM

Bruce donates "clinch ball", batting gloves to Reds HOF

Rob Butcher gives us the rundown:

During our stop at Great American Ball Park, Jay Bruce loaned to the Reds Hall of Fame and Museum the batting gloves he was wearing and the walkoff home run ball he hit off Houston's Tim Byrdak to clinch the Reds' 2010 National League Central Division championship. Jay said he had the batting gloves and ball in his uniform pants back pocket during that night's celebration, and the batting gloves still smell like champagne. "I wished the champagne hadn't worn off the ball," he said. "With the leather and champagne, that was a pretty cool smell."

Jay is one of baseball's most professional players, always very respectful to the opponent, so I always joke with him that he "pimped" that home run when he raised his arm after he hit it. "I didn't realize I did that until I saw the replay," he said. "But I was so excited. I knew I hit it pretty good." I'm actually glad he put that exclamation point on the homer. Now every time you see the replay, you'll know exactly what that home run meant to the history of the Reds.

Jay's ball and batting gloves are on display now at the Reds Hall of Fame and Museum in the 2010 exhibit, which will be open throughout 2011.

[Image: Bruce-ball-thumb-500x324-2627061.jpg]

[Image: Bruce%20HOF1-thumb-500x324-2627081.jpg]

[Image: Bruce%20HOF2-thumb-500x324-2627101.jpg]

http://ramsey.mlblogs.com/archives/2011/01/bruce-donates-clinch-ball-batting-gloves-to-reds-hof.html