CSNbbs
Add UCF thread [split] The genius in adding TCU when we did - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Smack Talk (/forum-423.html)
+----- Thread: Add UCF thread [split] The genius in adding TCU when we did (/thread-473128.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

Add UCF thread [split] The genius in adding TCU when we did - Wilkie01 - 01-02-2011 11:49 AM

Its time to add UCF after they just beat Georgia, also! 04-cheers

RE: The genius in adding TCU when we did - BullsBEAST - 01-02-2011 12:23 PM

(01-02-2011 11:49 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  Its time to add UCF after they just beat Georgia, also! 04-cheers

Lets please not make this thread about UCF.

RE: The genius in adding TCU when we did - Wilkie01 - 01-02-2011 12:27 PM

I know you guys hate them just like we hate UK. But I wish we could add UK abd UCF both. The rest of the Big East wants UCF. 04-cheers

RE: The genius in adding TCU when we did - BullsBEAST - 01-02-2011 01:07 PM

(01-02-2011 12:27 PM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  I know you guys hate them just like we hate UK. But I wish we could add UK abd UCF both. The rest of the Big East wants UCF. 04-cheers

There are plenty of people in the big east that don't want UCF, but this thread is about TCU and how having them prevented us from getting **** yesterday. It has absolutely nothing to do with ucf.

RE: The genius in adding TCU when we did - panite - 01-02-2011 01:34 PM

(01-02-2011 12:23 PM)BullsBEAST Wrote:  
(01-02-2011 11:49 AM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  Its time to add UCF after they just beat Georgia, also! 04-cheers

UCF - UCF - UCF!!!!!
03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot 04-cheers[/u]

RE: The genius in adding TCU when we did - USFMike - 01-02-2011 01:42 PM

(01-02-2011 01:34 PM)panite Wrote:  

UCF - UCF - UCF!!!!!
03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot 04-cheers[/u]

tell you what let's swap ucf for rutgers , at least those knights can beat tulane 05-stirthepot

RE: The genius in adding TCU when we did - brista21 - 01-02-2011 02:17 PM

(01-02-2011 01:42 PM)USFMike Wrote:  
(01-02-2011 01:34 PM)panite Wrote:  

UCF - UCF - UCF!!!!!

tell you what let's swap ucf for rutgers , at least those knights can beat tulane 05-stirthepot

Booooooo! 04-cheers

RE: The genius in adding TCU when we did - lastchance82 - 01-02-2011 02:44 PM

(01-02-2011 01:42 PM)USFMike Wrote:  tell you what let's swap ucf for rutgers , at least those knights can beat tulane 05-stirthepot
I can't argue with that. 03-weeping

RE: The genius in adding TCU when we did - bitcruncher - 01-02-2011 03:41 PM

(01-02-2011 02:44 PM)lastchance82 Wrote:  
(01-02-2011 01:42 PM)USFMike Wrote:  tell you what let's swap ucf for rutgers , at least those knights can beat tulane 05-stirthepot
Nobody can argue with it. That's what makes it funny... 03-nutkick

RE: The genius in adding TCU when we did - TampaKnight - 01-02-2011 05:37 PM

(01-02-2011 03:41 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  

Tulane beat Rutgers...UCF beat Tulane...Rutgers beat UCF...

03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead04-chairshot04-chairshot04-chairshot
03-nutkick03-shhhh03-weeping

RE: The genius in adding TCU when we did - bitcruncher - 01-02-2011 05:45 PM

Circular logic not withstanding, it's still funny...

RE: The genius in adding TCU when we did - panite - 01-02-2011 08:16 PM

(01-02-2011 05:37 PM)TampaKnight Wrote:  
(01-02-2011 03:41 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  

Tulane beat Rutgers...UCF beat Tulane...Rutgers beat UCF...

03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead04-chairshot04-chairshot04-chairshot
03-nutkick03-shhhh03-weeping

+1 UCF gives Rutgers someone to beat besides UConn who went to the BCS bowl over USF and WV.
04-jawdrop 03-nutkick 03-melodramatic 02-13-banana 04-rock 05-stirthepot 03-lmfao 04-cheers

RE: The genius in adding TCU when we did - Bearcats#1 - 01-02-2011 08:23 PM

do the right thing...add UCF NOW

RE: The genius in adding TCU when we did - PittDMD - 01-02-2011 09:05 PM

(01-02-2011 08:23 PM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  do the right thing...add UCF NOW

I know its hard for my fellow bulls fans to understand, but with the addition of UCF - your stock also rises. I can see the USF-UCF rivalry game maturing into a college gameday like atmosphere. It would help solidify more big time games to the Big East - since our main event is the Backyard Brawl. The addition would also help get us more exposure on TV and increase the value of our television contract.

RE: The genius in adding TCU when we did - BullsBEAST - 01-02-2011 09:59 PM

(01-02-2011 09:05 PM)PittDMD Wrote:  

I know its hard for my fellow bulls fans to understand, but with the addition of UCF - your stock also rises. I can see the USF-UCF rivalry game maturing into a college gameday like atmosphere. It would help solidify more big time games to the Big East - since our main event is the Backyard Brawl. The addition would also help get us more exposure on TV and increase the value of our television contract.

Id rather not play the game. Honestly if they were in the Big East and I could choose to go to the UCF game or the WVU, Pitt, Rutgers, Louisville, Cincinnati, or TCU game, id choose any of the latter in a heartbeat. (Obviously in reality ill go to every home game that i can make it to, but if i could only pick one or the other)

I really think you guys overrate this rivalry. Only 1 side has any interest in it. You cant force a matchup down 1 sides throat and demand that it be a rivalry.

We put 60k+ in the last home game vs UCF, but that was more because we were ranked 5 at the time. We have since had bigger crowds for WVU and Miami. It will cool off a lot on UCF's end once their jealousy of us wears off (assuming theyll be in the same conference as us) and USF will never care more about a UCF matchup than they do about the vast majority of our current conference members. The matchup will only be exciting to USF fans if UCF is ranked high at the time, but that would go for any school in FBS.

Trust me, you guys misread a lot of this, we dont hate them because there is some big rivalry, we have no interest in them. Its like me trying to force a rivalry with Ohio down Pitt's throat. Its not going to work, no matter how much you want it to.

RE: The genius in adding TCU when we did - Bearcats#1 - 01-03-2011 12:12 AM

(01-02-2011 09:59 PM)BullsBEAST Wrote:  

Id rather not play the game. Honestly if they were in the Big East and I could choose to go to the UCF game or the WVU, Pitt, Rutgers, Louisville, Cincinnati, or TCU game, id choose any of the latter in a heartbeat. (Obviously in reality ill go to every home game that i can make it to, but if i could only pick one or the other)

I really think you guys overrate this rivalry. Only 1 side has any interest in it. You cant force a matchup down 1 sides throat and demand that it be a rivalry.

We put 60k+ in the last home game vs UCF, but that was more because we were ranked 5 at the time. We have since had bigger crowds for WVU and Miami. It will cool off a lot on UCF's end once their jealousy of us wears off (assuming theyll be in the same conference as us) and USF will never care more about a UCF matchup than they do about the vast majority of our current conference members. The matchup will only be exciting to USF fans if UCF is ranked high at the time, but that would go for any school in FBS.

Trust me, you guys misread a lot of this, we dont hate them because there is some big rivalry, we have no interest in them. Its like me trying to force a rivalry with Ohio down Pitt's throat. Its not going to work, no matter how much you want it to.

comparing usf/ucf and pitt/ohio isn't apples to apples so no...not sure where to start here. Ohio/Pitt not in same state....Ohio has small stadium with minimal interest while UCF has a nice packed stadium that's looks exciting at least on tv....I mean, I could go on but I think point is made.

RE: The genius in adding TCU when we did - army56mike - 01-03-2011 12:26 AM

(01-02-2011 12:27 PM)Wilkie01 Wrote:  I know you guys hate them just like we hate UK. But I wish we could add UK abd UCF both. The rest of the Big East wants UCF. 04-cheers

I don't want UCF. They are a one year wonder so far. I want to see them follow this good season up with a 1or 2 loss season, another conference championship, a bowl win, and then a BCS bowl win in a couple years. After that I think they would be a good BEast addition. It would be nice if they change their name back to Florida Tech and had some special relationship with Disney.

RE: The genius in adding TCU when we did - Bearcats#1 - 01-03-2011 07:25 AM

(01-03-2011 12:26 AM)army56mike Wrote:  

I don't want UCF. They are a one year wonder so far. I want to see them follow this good season up with a 1or 2 loss season, another conference championship, a bowl win, and then a BCS bowl win in a couple years. After that I think they would be a good BEast addition. It would be nice if they change their name back to Florida Tech and had some special relationship with Disney.

you don't want much do ya....lol

RE: The genius in adding TCU when we did - BullsBEAST - 01-03-2011 07:37 AM

^^^ No, hes just one of the few big east fans that recognizes that we arent adding teams out of desperation like we thought we would have to during last offseason.

(01-03-2011 12:12 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  

comparing usf/ucf and pitt/ohio isn't apples to apples so no...not sure where to start here. Ohio/Pitt not in same state....Ohio has small stadium with minimal interest while UCF has a nice packed stadium that's looks exciting at least on tv....I mean, I could go on but I think point is made.

The point is, if we tried to force that rivalry down pitt's throat it wouldnt work. Obviously you cant find an equal comparison to anything anywhere, but the point I was making was if one side doesnt care at all about a matchup it will never be a real rivalry.

Lets start demanding Syracuse have a serious rivalry with Buffalo. I'm sure they'd love that!

RE: The genius in adding TCU when we did - Wilkie01 - 01-03-2011 08:17 AM

(01-03-2011 07:37 AM)BullsBEAST Wrote:  ^^^ No, hes just one of the few big east fans that recognizes that we arent adding teams out of desperation like we thought we would have to during last offseason.

(01-03-2011 12:12 AM)Bearcats#1 Wrote:  

The point is, if we tried to force that rivalry down pitt's throat it wouldnt work. Obviously you cant find an equal comparison to anything anywhere, but the point I was making was if one side doesnt care at all about a matchup it will never be a real rivalry.

Lets start demanding Syracuse have a serious rivalry with Buffalo. I'm sure they'd love that!

03-phew

05-deadhorse 05-deadhorse 05-deadhorse

:uberbow: :uberbow: :uberbow: :uberbow:

04-cheers