CSNbbs
Big XII Commissioner Beebee Comments on Expansion - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: Big12bbs (/forum-260.html)
+---- Forum: Big 12 Conference Talk (/forum-188.html)
+---- Thread: Big XII Commissioner Beebee Comments on Expansion (/thread-472697.html)

Big XII Commissioner Beebee Comments on Expansion - TonyTiger - 12-31-2010 05:35 PM

Is the Big XII truly willing to give up its championship game (i.e., revenue)? Also, what states do you think that he was referring to when he mentioned conference area expansion earlier?

RE: Big XII Commissioner Beebee Comments on Expansion - BigOwensboroCard - 01-05-2011 04:44 PM

I know this is some what old, but the markets he is referring to and need are in the East not the West. I would not be surprised after one year of no championship game they start looking into expansion. Now just how much money are they going to be able to hand out to new members and will they be considered full members from day one. I personally think that the Big 12-2 will look at teams like in not particular order Memphis, Louisville, Southern Miss, UCF, and USF also maybe look into BYU, UTEP and possibly New Mexico. Now if it were up to Beebee then the two teams I would target would be Louisville, and Central Florida, and if I am not mistaking I think the Big 12-2 holds the naming rights to the moniker the " Big 14 " I would look hard into expanding to 14 teams and pile on as many eastern markets to justifying the payouts for if UT starts up their own network that is going to take dollars away from the conference that is will need to pay those big figures.

RE: Big XII Commissioner Beebee Comments on Expansion - cardshouse - 05-09-2011 07:30 PM

Kentucky and Tennessee!

RE: Big XII Commissioner Beebee Comments on Expansion - Dub591 - 07-06-2011 11:12 AM

Louisville is a natural fit - profitable, geographically feasible, complementary athletics. BYU fits, but seems to want to be independent. New Mexico probably isn't strong enough in media audience. Nevada would give B12-2 big bucks and command two media markets. IF TCU gets close to a National Championship look for another Texas team in the B12-2. Another thought is Air Force - good media coverage, and great academics; plus gives B12-2 part of the Colorado market.

RE: Big XII Commissioner Beebee Comments on Expansion - HHOOTter - 09-01-2011 04:13 PM

Only 2 ways to keep the Big 12 from imploding:

Invite up to 7 nonAQ/ nonBCS schools
Most of those schools would agree to a
2 for one home & home contract w/ the Big Boys
& since its unequal revenue sharing the Big Dawgs
would continue to receive $20 million or so a yr.
& nonAQ teams would be happy at a $8-6 million dollar cut.

Divide OU & Texas in opposite divisions
play one cross over rivalry game,
Almost guarantees 10 wins for
TTech/OU/Texas/Mizzu/OSU

Other alternative is to downsize conference even more
to 7 or 8 teams, Like the old Big 8 format
This allows most teams to schedule 5 OCC games
Also allows up to an 8 game home schedule

RE: Big XII Commissioner Beebee Comments on Expansion - David Krysakowski - 09-12-2011 10:07 AM

Big XII: My Way

North: Colorado State, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Wyoming
South: Baylor, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech

The Mountain West is the old WAC:

Boise State, Fresno State, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Nevada-Las Vegas, New Mexico State, San Diego State, San Jose State, Utah State

RE: Big XII Commissioner Beebee Comments on Expansion - RUfan03 - 09-14-2011 10:57 PM

(09-12-2011 10:07 AM)David Krysakowski Wrote:  Big XII: My Way

North: Colorado State, Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Wyoming
South: Baylor, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas, Texas Tech

The Mountain West is the old WAC:

Boise State, Fresno State, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Nevada-Las Vegas, New Mexico State, San Diego State, San Jose State, Utah State

Forget about New Mexico & Wyoming. Take BYU and stay at 10. Big 12 doesn't want the playoffs again. I doubt that BYU will decline but if they did and wanted to stay independent, then I would take Colorado St to replace the loss of Colorado.