CSNbbs
Big East teams doing their job - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Big East teams doing their job (/thread-472694.html)

Pages: 1 2

Big East teams doing their job - LaRue777 - 12-31-2010 05:28 PM

Fantastic

Big wins from Louisville, Syracuse and South Florida. Your programs did what the Big East needed you to do.

As a Mountaineer fan I am very pleased, bring it on guys.

RE: Big East teams doing their job - dgrace4cards - 12-31-2010 06:22 PM

I'll go ahead and applaud expansion (TCU) and possible expansion teams here as well.....as UCF just scored a go ahead TD against Georgia.

RE: Big East teams doing their job - gosports1 - 12-31-2010 06:34 PM

(12-31-2010 06:22 PM)dgrace4cards Wrote:  I'll go ahead and applaud expansion (TCU) and possible expansion teams here as well.....as UCF just scored a go ahead TD against Georgia.

You forgot the other expansion candidate, Notre Dame....03-lmfao

RE: Big East teams doing their job - bitcruncher - 12-31-2010 06:52 PM

UCF beat Georgia... 03-lmfao 04-cheers

RE: Big East teams doing their job - dgrace4cards - 12-31-2010 06:55 PM

The way Marinatto works off of media momentum....UCF could be having a press conference tonight or tomorrow...LOL!

Nice job Knights!

As for Notre Dame....yeah not going there just yet.

RE: Big East teams doing their job - bitcruncher - 12-31-2010 06:58 PM

Well, there were some rumors that The BEast would make a decision in January, whether 'nova had or not...

RE: Big East teams doing their job - CardinalJim - 12-31-2010 07:26 PM

UofL, Syracuse and USF all won. (WVU came up short but that is OK. They have carried our a$$es for a few years, I believe we can do the same this season. WVU will be back stronger next year.) UCF won today as well. Now UConn and TCU are on the clock. Good luck to both of you. Bring them wins home to the Big East.
CJ

RE: Big East teams doing their job - jmethodius - 12-31-2010 07:46 PM

(12-31-2010 07:26 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  UofL, Syracuse and USF all won. (WVU came up short but that is OK. They have carried our a$$es for a few years, I believe we can do the same this season. WVU will be back stronger next year.) UCF won today as well. Now UConn and TCU are on the clock. Good luck to both of you. Bring them wins home to the Big East.
CJ

Jim, don't forget PITT. I would LOVE for them to knock the snot out of UK.

RE: Big East teams doing their job - PittDMD - 12-31-2010 08:39 PM

BEAST football winning is great! Even though half of us are already in basketball mode.

RE: Big East teams doing their job - Slypenny - 12-31-2010 08:42 PM

Most believe that UCF is about as close to lock as there is to the BE. Do you think that the BE felt that with TCU the early commitment would give them positive publicity for a month. But with UCF, the best scenario would be to wait until after the bowl game. If they announced before it would have gotten alot of press and if they laid an egg, it would have been discussed negatively. I think the BE would still invite but put it on hold for another couple weeks or longer. But their idea situation would be for UCF to win over a SEC school and soon announce. Now UCF as a CUSA school looks a whole lot better during the announcement. Any thoughts?

RE: Big East teams doing their job - BullsBEAST - 12-31-2010 10:52 PM

If they are going to invite UCF, now is the time.

Id still prefer not, but they do seem to have some momentum as a program. Their fans have a lot of maturing if they are going to fit in to the culture that big east schools have established though.

RE: Big East teams doing their job - RealDeal - 12-31-2010 11:11 PM

(12-31-2010 10:52 PM)BullsBEAST Wrote:  If they are going to invite UCF, now is the time.

Id still prefer not, but they do seem to have some momentum as a program. Their fans have a lot of maturing if they are going to fit in to the culture that big east schools have established though.

I'm interested in what your concerns are about UCF. They seem to have strong investment in football, large school, large market. What is the downside to UCF?

RE: Big East teams doing their job - BullsBEAST - 12-31-2010 11:42 PM

(12-31-2010 11:11 PM)RealDeal Wrote:  
(12-31-2010 10:52 PM)BullsBEAST Wrote:  If they are going to invite UCF, now is the time.

I'm interested in what your concerns are about UCF. They seem to have strong investment in football, large school, large market. What is the downside to UCF?

I dont want to turn this into a thread about UCF because it will get moved to the expansion board and flooded by UCF trolls.

However, that description you made for why we should add them would apply the same to FIU, Houston, Temple, Northern Illinois... the list goes on. Just because they are good right now (for the first time in their schools history) doesnt make them a better option. If this was last year when Houston was in the top 15 would everyone of been screaming for them? You guys are prisoners of the moment right now. TCU had a run of 5 or 6 years all with better years than UCF this year, UCF basically timed their success well.

RE: Big East teams doing their job - Bearcats#1 - 12-31-2010 11:59 PM

(12-31-2010 11:42 PM)BullsBEAST Wrote:  

I dont want to turn this into a thread about UCF because it will get moved to the expansion board and flooded by UCF trolls.

However, that description you made for why we should add them would apply the same to FIU, Houston, Temple, Northern Illinois... the list goes on. Just because they are good right now (for the first time in their schools history) doesnt make them a better option. If this was last year when Houston was in the top 15 would everyone of been screaming for them? You guys are prisoners of the moment right now. TCU had a run of 5 or 6 years all with better years than UCF this year, UCF basically timed their success well.

you gotta admit though that UCF has seperated themselves in that they have made major commitment to athletics....and they have a good market...and they are winning. IE they are hitting the trifecta here....

RE: Big East teams doing their job - PittDMD - 01-01-2011 03:03 AM

(12-31-2010 11:42 PM)BullsBEAST Wrote:  

UCF brings way more than just recent success. Their size plays a large role, along with their facilities, and location.

RE: Big East teams doing their job - brista21 - 01-01-2011 01:51 PM

(12-31-2010 06:58 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Well, there were some rumors that The BEast would make a decision in January, whether 'nova had or not...

I think as early as after the NCG has been played we could see an announcement re: UCF. Although right now I'd be tempted to make an announcement Monday morning and work off the big Mo they've got right now.

RE: Big East teams doing their job - BamaScorpio69 - 01-02-2011 09:24 AM

If you apply BullsBeast logic USF should had never been invited. Were the Bulls not invited mainly on potential? And UCF has been good before so clearly Beast is protecting his own USF interests. The Knights are clearly deserving of a invite to a conference that will give them more access to money.

RE: Big East teams doing their job - Garmuck - 01-02-2011 09:27 AM

(01-02-2011 09:24 AM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  If you apply BullsBeast logic USF should had never been invited. Were the Bulls not invited mainly on potential? And UCF has been good before so clearly Beast is protecting his own USF interests. The Knights are clearly deserving of a invite to a conference that will give them more access to money.

Different times, different criteria, etc. etc. ad naseum.

RE: Big East teams doing their job - BullsBEAST - 01-02-2011 11:52 AM

(01-02-2011 09:24 AM)BamaScorpio69 Wrote:  If you apply BullsBeast logic USF should had never been invited. Were the Bulls not invited mainly on potential? And UCF has been good before so clearly Beast is protecting his own USF interests. The Knights are clearly deserving of a invite to a conference that will give them more access to money.

Are you really that simple minded? When USF was invited the BE had 4 members (WVU, Pitt, Syracuse, and Rutgers) and was on life support.

USF played a huge part in rebuilding the Big East to the point where it is safe and able to add teams from a position of strength.

Say what you want about USF's late season collapses, but USF consistently stepping up big in OOC games gave the new Big East a lot of credibility.

RE: Big East teams doing their job - bitcruncher - 01-02-2011 12:53 PM

Actually, BullsBEAST, The BEast had 5. UConn advanced their entry by a year...