CSNbbs
Is Tramar in the rotation? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: OVCbbs (/forum-17.html)
+---- Forum: Ohio Valley Team Talk (/forum-784.html)
+----- Forum: Little Rock (/forum-291.html)
+----- Thread: Is Tramar in the rotation? (/thread-472662.html)

Is Tramar in the rotation? - MICHAELSPAPPY - 12-31-2010 03:23 PM

I don't know what the formal definition is. He has played in all 15 games, but has averaged only 8.6 minutes.

RE: Is Tramar in the rotation?` - outsideualr - 12-31-2010 03:25 PM

Do we have a rotation? If so, I have no idea what it is from game to game.

RE: Is Tramar in the rotation?` - mjs - 12-31-2010 03:27 PM

(12-31-2010 03:25 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  Do we have a rotation? If so, I have no idea what it is from game to game.

Not really. He's been getting in very late in most games.

RE: Is Tramar in the rotation? - outsideualr - 12-31-2010 03:29 PM

If he's that great a defensive player, why isn't he playing ahead of Alex? Oh Alex is a senior. That makes sense. Yeah. I love consistency.

RE: Is Tramar in the rotation? - MICHAELSPAPPY - 12-31-2010 03:32 PM

Alex is just a good ball player.

RE: Is Tramar in the rotation? - outsideualr - 12-31-2010 03:56 PM

Alex's talents, like many players, are not being utilized to the fullest. Look at his three point shooting percentage. It's outstanding. But seldom does he shoot three point shots. He is expected to drive to the basket, and when he does, he gets a lot of shots blocked and doesn't draw as many fouls as he should. Just look at his points per minute played. Nowhere near his potential. The three point line was created primarily to offset size advantage that teams had over others. It gave teams who couldn't recruit the good 7 foot players an opportunity to be able to win against those teams on a given night. But our coach doesn't believe in that. He recruits small and medium size players and trys to make them play an offensive style suited to those teams who do have the type of talent to dominate by virtue of their size. And that the large and the small of it.

RE: Is Tramar in the rotation? - MICHAELSPAPPY - 12-31-2010 03:57 PM

(12-31-2010 03:56 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  He recruits small and medium size players and trys to make them play an offensive style suited to those teams who do have the type of talent to dominate by virtue of their size.

That is a fair assessment.

RE: Is Tramar in the rotation? - outsideualr - 12-31-2010 04:02 PM

My goodness. Thanks Pappy. It's not often that anyone agrees with anything I say. Actually my wife said I was right about something recently. Now that was a moment to cherish.

RE: Is Tramar in the rotation? - mjs - 12-31-2010 04:36 PM

(12-31-2010 03:56 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  Alex's talents, like many players, are not being utilized to the fullest. Look at his three point shooting percentage. It's outstanding. But seldom does he shoot three point shots. He is expected to drive to the basket, and when he does, he gets a lot of shots blocked and doesn't draw as many fouls as he should. Just look at his points per minute played. Nowhere near his potential. The three point line was created primarily to offset size advantage that teams had over others. It gave teams who couldn't recruit the good 7 foot players an opportunity to be able to win against those teams on a given night. But our coach doesn't believe in that. He recruits small and medium size players and trys to make them play an offensive style suited to those teams who do have the type of talent to dominate by virtue of their size. And that the large and the small of it.

Yes he has a good 3 point percentage. That's because he doesn't just jack it up, whenever. He waits until he has a good look, which is what I want a player to do. Ever considered that our 3 point percentage is good because our coaches stress taking "good" shots.

RE: Is Tramar in the rotation? - MICHAELSPAPPY - 12-31-2010 04:38 PM

(12-31-2010 04:36 PM)mjs Wrote:  [quote='outsideualr' pid='6073975' dateline='1293828965']
Ever considered that our 3 point percentage is good because our coaches stress taking "good" shots.

Hmm. Imagine that.

RE: Is Tramar in the rotation? - outsideualr - 12-31-2010 04:44 PM

(12-31-2010 04:36 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(12-31-2010 03:56 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  Alex's talents, like many players, are not being utilized to the fullest. Look at his three point shooting percentage. It's outstanding. But seldom does he shoot three point shots. He is expected to drive to the basket, and when he does, he gets a lot of shots blocked and doesn't draw as many fouls as he should. Just look at his points per minute played. Nowhere near his potential. The three point line was created primarily to offset size advantage that teams had over others. It gave teams who couldn't recruit the good 7 foot players an opportunity to be able to win against those teams on a given night. But our coach doesn't believe in that. He recruits small and medium size players and trys to make them play an offensive style suited to those teams who do have the type of talent to dominate by virtue of their size. And that the large and the small of it.

Yes he has a good 3 point percentage. That's because he doesn't just jack it up, whenever. He waits until he has a good look, which is what I want a player to do. Ever considered that our 3 point percentage is good because our coaches stress taking "good" shots.

I don't object to good shots. I just object to not taking enough of them when they're open.