CSNbbs
Here's something interesting. While at the - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: OVCbbs (/forum-17.html)
+---- Forum: Ohio Valley Team Talk (/forum-784.html)
+----- Forum: Little Rock (/forum-291.html)
+----- Thread: Here's something interesting. While at the (/thread-470572.html)

Here's something interesting. While at the - outsideualr - 12-18-2010 05:18 PM

women's game today, I met Anshel Cooper's mother. She told me Anshel is playing at a little NAIA school in Tennessee and will get her degree in May. But the other thing she told me was that Anshel has another year of D1 eligibility and she and Coach Foley are still on very good terms. Now I don't know how she could come back and play without sitting out a year, but I found it interesting.01-lauramac2

RE: Here's something interesting. While at the - LRTrojan - 12-18-2010 06:44 PM

(12-18-2010 05:18 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  women's game today, I met Anshel Cooper's mother. She told me Anshel is playing at a little NAIA school in Tennessee and will get her degree in May. But the other thing she told me was that Anshel has another year of D1 eligibility and she and Coach Foley are still on very good terms. Now I don't know how she could come back and play without sitting out a year, but I found it interesting.01-lauramac2

I didn't understand that when you told me this today. If she played three years here, and played one year of NAIA ball, how can she come back and play another year here? It's my understanding that you only get to play four years, regardless whether it's NCAA or NAIA. If she was going to play her 4th year, why didn't she come back and play here? If she can do it, why couldn't a person could play NAIA ball for four years, and then NCAA for four? Someone more knowledgeable than me will have to explain this.

RE: Here's something interesting. While at the - outsideualr - 12-18-2010 07:26 PM

(12-18-2010 06:44 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  
(12-18-2010 05:18 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  women's game today, I met Anshel Cooper's mother. She told me Anshel is playing at a little NAIA school in Tennessee and will get her degree in May. But the other thing she told me was that Anshel has another year of D1 eligibility and she and Coach Foley are still on very good terms. Now I don't know how she could come back and play without sitting out a year, but I found it interesting.01-lauramac2

I didn't understand that when you told me this today. If she played three years here, and played one year of NAIA ball, how can she come back and play another year here? It's my understanding that you only get to play four years, regardless whether it's NCAA or NAIA. If she was going to play her 4th year, why didn't she come back and play here? If she can do it, why couldn't a person could play NAIA ball for four years, and then NCAA for four? Someone more knowledgeable than me will have to explain this.

That is also my understanding. I think her mother isn't correct in that she has another year of eligibility.04-cheers