CSNbbs
Post Rice - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: OVCbbs (/forum-17.html)
+---- Forum: Ohio Valley Team Talk (/forum-784.html)
+----- Forum: Little Rock (/forum-291.html)
+----- Thread: Post Rice (/thread-470208.html)

Pages: 1 2

We can sure drain those threes... - mjs - 12-16-2010 09:42 PM

when the game is out of reach. Geez, that pisses me off.

RE: We can sure drain those threes... - mjs - 12-16-2010 09:44 PM

(12-16-2010 09:42 PM)mjs Wrote:  when the game is out of reach. Geez, that pisses me off.

It's also irritating when we make a blow out look close.

Post Rice - insideualr - 12-16-2010 09:50 PM

Lord help us

RE: Post Rice - insideualr - 12-16-2010 09:53 PM

I want you all to be pissed. Everyone of the loyal fans here should be pissed. Not pissed because we go on the road and get beat but pissed because we have nothing in the half court. Pissed because we can't even make this a game. This is not Memphis or Ole Miss. The large losses to teams that are no better than our conference mates.

I AM PISSED AND I DEMAND A TEAM THAT CAN PRODUCE A LOOK IN THE HALF COURT SET. I DON'T CARE IF YOU MAKE IT JUST PRODUCE A LOOK AT THE RIM IN POSITION TO SCORE!

RE: We can sure drain those threes... - LR Alum - 12-16-2010 09:54 PM

(12-16-2010 09:42 PM)mjs Wrote:  when the game is out of reach. Geez, that pisses me off.

That's been our MO since Shields has been here and usually means the team is playing loose without worrying about trying to pass up a good shot for a better shot.

RE: Post Rice - mjs - 12-16-2010 09:54 PM

(12-16-2010 09:50 PM)insideualr Wrote:  Lord help us

Well, I was accurate so far-

Interesting. I see Rice as maybe our toughest game in the next 7. I think Akron, ORU, and Stetson are all beatable on a neutral court. I guess we never win in Denver, but we've done okay in Denton. I think we'll beat St. Bony here. A few things concern me about Rice. I saw how well coached they were by Ben Braun when they came in here and beat us with a less talented team. They only lost by 3 at both Texas and North Texas. They have a very experienced team back. We have been awful on the road. Other than that, I give us a good shot at winning.

I predicted a loss to Rice. So I still give us a shot in our next 3. But as bad as we looked the last 30 minutes I am less confident about that.

RE: Post Rice - LR Alum - 12-16-2010 09:55 PM

I think our next win will be against Stetson.

RE: Post Rice - insideualr - 12-16-2010 09:58 PM

The press and depth should kick in somewhere along the way but man it hurts to go trip after trip with nothing. All you need to know is we have about 10 assists less than Rice for the game.

RE: We can sure drain those threes... - PTJR - 12-16-2010 10:21 PM

(12-16-2010 09:54 PM)LR Alum Wrote:  

That's been our MO since Shields has been here and usually means the team is playing loose without worrying about trying to pass up a good shot for a better shot.

Interesting observation.

RE: Post Rice - PTJR - 12-16-2010 10:26 PM

(12-16-2010 09:54 PM)mjs Wrote:  

Interesting. I see Rice as maybe our toughest game in the next 7. I think Akron, ORU, and Stetson are all beatable on a neutral court. I guess we never win in Denver, but we've done okay in Denton. I think we'll beat St. Bony here. A few things concern me about Rice. I saw how well coached they were by Ben Braun when they came in here and beat us with a less talented team. They only lost by 3 at both Texas and North Texas. They have a very experienced team back. We have been awful on the road. Other than that, I give us a good shot at winning.

I predicted a loss to Rice. So I still give us a shot in our next 3. But as bad as we looked the last 30 minutes I am less confident about that.

Let's face it. Our team flat out sucks outside of the Stephens Center. I seriously doubt that we beat Akron or ORU in Vegas. Stetson, maybe, but I wouldn't count on it. I also doubt that we win in either Denton or Denver. And I would not be suprised to see St. Bonaventure beat us pretty soundly in the return game at the Stephens Center. I'm not a bookie, but I wouldn't put any money on Little Rock in any of our next six games.

RE: Post Rice - mjs - 12-16-2010 10:31 PM

(12-16-2010 10:26 PM)PTJR Wrote:  

Let's face it. Our team flat out sucks outside of the Stephens Center. I seriously doubt that we beat Akron or ORU in Vegas. Stetson, maybe, but I wouldn't count on it. I also doubt that we win in either Denton or Denver. And I would not be suprised to see St. Bonaventure beat us pretty soundly in the return game at the Stephens Center. I'm not a bookie, but I wouldn't put any money on Little Rock in any of our next six games.

Pappy predicted we win 3 of 6. I thought that was reasonable. I didn't expect to win at Rice. So we are right where I expected. But 3 out of 5 does look like a tall task at the moment.

RE: Post Rice - Scotto - 12-16-2010 10:55 PM

Ya, you "expected" to beat Ole Miss too.

RE: Post Rice - mjs - 12-16-2010 11:07 PM

(12-16-2010 10:55 PM)Scotto Wrote:  Ya, you "expected" to beat Ole Miss too.

Expecting to lose on the road is a pretty safe bet right now. Expecting to win at home has worked out the majority of the time so far.

RE: Post Rice - Scotto - 12-16-2010 11:11 PM

0.500 will get us more of the same..! Yoo hoo..!

RE: Post Rice - MICHAELSPAPPY - 12-17-2010 12:29 PM

(12-16-2010 10:31 PM)mjs Wrote:  Pappy predicted we win 3 of 6. I thought that was reasonable. I didn't expect to win at Rice. So we are right where I expected. But 3 out of 5 does look like a tall task at the moment.

I predicted more with my heart than my head. But we shall see what happens. This team has been amazingly consistent so far this year in playing poorly every other game. If we don't find an inside game, that pattern likely will continue. Three-point shots can bail you out some of the time, but not all of the time.

RE: Post Rice - MICHAELSPAPPY - 12-17-2010 12:39 PM

The minutes last night were more typical of what you will see in a box score than we have had most games this year: 36, 30, 28, 26, 20 for the top five. And four of those started the game.

RE: Post Rice - outsideualr - 12-17-2010 01:39 PM

Let me give my thoughts on why we can't win outside of the Stephens Center. Our offense is predicated on Solo or Chucky driving to the basket, throwing up wild shots, but getting fouled and scoring most of their points at the free throw line. At home that works. But on the road they don't get those calls. I've seen Solo do exactly the same thing on the road that he does here, but the don't give him the foul calls near as many times on the road. I saw him get pretty well hammered on at least one occasion last night, and no foul was called. Stephens Center. He's shooting two shots. To win on the road you have to score from the perimeter, or be stronger than their inside players and get some slam dunks. You can't get all those points that we count on from the free throw line. And when Courtney and Derrick go 0-7 from the foul line at crunch time, not garbage time, you can't expect to win a game.01-lauramac2

RE: Post Rice - insideualr - 12-17-2010 02:53 PM

(12-17-2010 01:39 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  

Let me give my thoughts on why we can't win outside of the Stephens Center. Our offense is predicated on Solo or Chucky driving to the basket, throwing up wild shots, but getting fouled and scoring most of their points at the free throw line. At home that works. But on the road they don't get those calls. I've seen Solo do exactly the same thing on the road that he does here, but the don't give him the foul calls near as many times on the road. I saw him get pretty well hammered on at least one occasion last night, and no foul was called. Stephens Center. He's shooting two shots. To win on the road you have to score from the perimeter, or be stronger than their inside players and get some slam dunks. You can't get all those points that we count on from the free throw line. And when Courtney and Derrick go 0-7 from the foul line at crunch time, not garbage time, you can't expect to win a game.01-lauramac2

Jerry, Let me give you a +1 on this one.

RE: Post Rice - outsideualr - 12-17-2010 04:16 PM

(12-17-2010 02:53 PM)insideualr Wrote:  

Thank you for that. Most of the time I'm out on a limb with someone ready to cut it off.04-cheers

RE: Post Rice - LRTrojan - 12-17-2010 05:43 PM

(12-17-2010 04:16 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  
(12-17-2010 02:53 PM)insideualr Wrote:  
(12-16-2010 09:54 PM)mjs Wrote:  Well, I was accurate so far-

Thank you for that. Most of the time I'm out on a limb with someone ready to cut it off.:cheers:

But Doc, it's usually the "Matt" limb. If you'd stay off that limb, I wouldn't always be having to "get your back."