CSNbbs
I feel for Purdue - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: OVCbbs (/forum-17.html)
+---- Forum: Ohio Valley Team Talk (/forum-784.html)
+----- Forum: Little Rock (/forum-291.html)
+----- Thread: I feel for Purdue (/thread-458212.html)

I feel for Purdue - MICHAELSPAPPY - 10-19-2010 08:05 AM

They lose one of their top 3 players before the season even started, and they were predicted to be a Final Four team by most prognosticators. I feel for them. We have felt the sting of ACL ourselves.

RE: I feel for Purdue - PTJR - 10-19-2010 01:32 PM

(10-19-2010 08:05 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  They lose one of their top 3 players before the season even started, and they were predicted to be a Final Four team by most prognosticators. I feel for them. We have felt the sting of ACL ourselves.

And how about for the kid? He had worked really hard to rehab after he blew out the same ACL last February, only to have it blow out again on the second day of practice. This might put his entire basketball career in jeopardy.

RE: I feel for Purdue - outsideualr - 10-19-2010 02:53 PM

(10-19-2010 01:32 PM)PTJR Wrote:  
(10-19-2010 08:05 AM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  They lose one of their top 3 players before the season even started, and they were predicted to be a Final Four team by most prognosticators. I feel for them. We have felt the sting of ACL ourselves.

And how about for the kid? He had worked really hard to rehab after he blew out the same ACL last February, only to have it blow out again on the second day of practice. This might put his entire basketball career in jeopardy.

I remember when Jake Yancey's career ended abruptly. Always a shame when a young man who has worked so hard to compete has this happen.
But that's sports. Better he can walk then play and be crippled for the rest of his life.04-cheers

RE: I feel for Purdue - MICHAELSPAPPY - 10-19-2010 04:03 PM

(10-19-2010 01:32 PM)PTJR Wrote:  And how about for the kid?

Well, I intended for all of them, him particularly.