CSNbbs
Behemoth 7-4 Sim Bhullar showcases size, skills at tourney - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Behemoth 7-4 Sim Bhullar showcases size, skills at tourney (/thread-442037.html)

Behemoth 7-4 Sim Bhullar showcases size, skills at tourney - bitcruncher - 07-01-2010 03:23 PM

Here's an interesting article from SI.com... 04-cheers
Behemoth 7-4 Sim Bhullar showcases size, skills at tourney

I liked this line in the story...
Quote:His preference would be to play for the Mountaineers, and he says his parents, who aren't well-versed in the U.S. college system, will support whatever choice he makes. "They would love it, though," he says, "if my brother and I could play together."
I'd love it if they could play together in Morgantown. A couple of 7 footers still learning the game is just the ticket Huggs needs...

RE: Behemoth 7-4 Sim Bhullar showcases size, skills at tourney - Shannon Panther - 07-06-2010 07:35 PM

Jamie Dixon should send him some tapes of Aaron Gray. The guy barely has the athleticism to jump from the street to the curb and Dixon coached and conditioned him into the NBA. This kid reminds me alot of a young Gray.

RE: Behemoth 7-4 Sim Bhullar showcases size, skills at tourney - bitcruncher - 07-06-2010 09:14 PM

I think he's lost something like 80 lbs or so in the last year. If he comes to Morgantown, Huggs will put him on the treadmill. That should help...

RE: Behemoth 7-4 Sim Bhullar showcases size, skills at tourney - Shannon Panther - 07-06-2010 09:51 PM

Gray was over 300 lbs when he got to Pitt. He left at something around 275 and could actually move rather than waddle.

RE: Behemoth 7-4 Sim Bhullar showcases size, skills at tourney - bitcruncher - 07-07-2010 01:04 PM

Sim Bhuller started out well over 350. I don't know what his weight was when his family first came to the States. But he was already huge and grossly overweight. He's just now starting to get into shape, and at 7'4" he really doesn't have to jump to reach the basket. Anyone seeing him standing under the basket waiting is going to think twice about attacking him, and they'll worry about him getting the ball down low too. Imagine what they'll think once he learns how to play...

If he has any athletic ability at all, he's going to play in the NBA. You just can't beat size...