CSNbbs
Coach Stubblefield Leaving UC? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-400.html)
+----- Forum: AACbbs Archives (/forum-418.html)
+------ Forum: Cincinnati Archives (/forum-932.html)
+------ Thread: Coach Stubblefield Leaving UC? (/thread-440824.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Coach Stubblefield Leaving UC? - Topkat - 06-30-2010 11:12 AM

We'll give the Corporate presser the benefit of doubt, time will tell. Are Asst. Coaches salaries public record?

A big no to the Dog and Pony show... been to too many for different agendas. They're all spin. Focus on the bottom line.

This is piquant.

RE: Coach Stubblefield Leaving UC? - bearcatmill - 06-30-2010 11:12 AM

(06-30-2010 09:13 AM)QSECOFR Wrote:  
(06-30-2010 08:48 AM)@ES Trader Wrote:  
Quote:“When he told me what was on the table and I knew they wanted him bad, I tried to get him as much money as I could (from UC), but it wasn’t going to be enough,” Cronin said. “He was offered something that was head coach money. There was no way he could turn the job down. It would have been financial suicide.”

Now we are to believe what Cronin says in the press?

Show up at a Bearcat Caravan -- or whatever they call it now -- and ask Mick in person. Mick is very forth coming one on one.

That way you don't have to go on a message board and accuse him of lying in a backhanded manner.

Because then es trader can't hide behind a screen name.

RE: Coach Stubblefield Leaving UC? - ctipton - 06-30-2010 12:09 PM

Damn! You're not supposed to? I've been hiding behind a screen name for years. Just kinda, sorta happens to be mine.

RE: Coach Stubblefield Leaving UC? - b - 06-30-2010 04:46 PM

I get it now, even though it appears that the coaching future for these guys at UC is uncertain at best, TS needed a buttload of money and wild horses to leave. OK

Sounds like we need a fantasy forum around here. Put the above theory next to the he was raised in CO. so he want's to be closer to home. Riiight. Oregon is just minutes away. If you want to be close to home, get a job at wal mart. Coaching--especially an assistant is not for homebodies.

The guy who's name we can't mention has been known to say some outrageous thing. Saying it to your face don't make it less outrageous or more true. Citing money would also be less awkward then telling your boss you're leaving because the ship is sinking don'tcha think? And that's a question. Don'tcha think?

Head coach money? Head coach of what? He should be on last comic standing.

"Stubblefield said the money was important but he also considered the opportunity too good to pass up."

Like the opportunity to be employed next year.

shenanigans I say.

RE: Coach Stubblefield Leaving UC? - Murph29 - 06-30-2010 05:45 PM

We don't know what went into this decision. I do know that assistants often look to jump from ships where the captain is on shaky ground. Look no further than Wake Forest last year.

Not really sure it is a big loss though. We weren't lighting the recruiting world up with the guy, so I'm sure Mick can find a decent replacement.

RE: Coach Stubblefield Leaving UC? - @ES Trader - 06-30-2010 06:02 PM

(06-30-2010 11:12 AM)bearcatmill Wrote:  
Quote:“When he told me what was on the table and I knew they wanted him bad, I tried to get him as much money as I could (from UC), but it wasn’t going to be enough,” Cronin said. “He was offered something that was head coach money. There was no way he could turn the job down. It would have been financial suicide.”

Show up at a Bearcat Caravan -- or whatever they call it now -- and ask Mick in person. Mick is very forth coming one on one.

That way you don't have to go on a message board and accuse him of lying in a backhanded manner.

Not hiding behind a screen name. I show up and support the university at a number of functions. I dont have to ask Mick in person for him to spin the story. Just sick of all the excuses...shut up and win.

RE: Coach Stubblefield Leaving UC? - Murph29 - 06-30-2010 08:51 PM

(06-30-2010 06:02 PM)@ES Trader Wrote:  

Not hiding behind a screen name. I show up and support the university at a number of functions. I dont have to ask Mick in person for him to spin the story. Just sick of all the excuses...shut up and win.

Shut up and win has left the building. "pretend its okay" is the new motto or "Cross fingers and pray". Its down to these two for next year.

RE: Coach Stubblefield Leaving UC? - b - 06-30-2010 09:42 PM

(06-30-2010 08:51 PM)Murph29 Wrote:  

Shut up and win has left the building. "pretend its okay" is the new motto or "Cross fingers and pray". Its down to these two for next year.

The loyal minions of the person who's name cannot be mentioned still have one major excuse card to play. I think they are saving it for the last stand if needed.

RE: Coach Stubblefield Leaving UC? - rath v2.0 - 06-30-2010 09:55 PM

Put another topic in the ol' trash bin. Entertaining, though. [Image: smileyvault-popcorn.gif]

RE: Coach Stubblefield Leaving UC? - beck - 07-01-2010 07:02 AM

Ooops, forgot we're only posta say positive things about Mick.

RE: Coach Stubblefield Leaving UC? - Zoroaster - 07-01-2010 08:51 AM

(06-30-2010 04:46 PM)b Wrote:  I get it now, even though it appears that the coaching future for these guys at UC is uncertain at best, TS needed a buttload of money and wild horses to leave. OK

Sounds like we need a fantasy forum around here. Put the above theory next to the he was raised in CO. so he want's to be closer to home. Riiight. Oregon is just minutes away. If you want to be close to home, get a job at wal mart. Coaching--especially an assistant is not for homebodies.

The guy who's name we can't mention has been known to say some outrageous thing. Saying it to your face don't make it less outrageous or more true. Citing money would also be less awkward then telling your boss you're leaving because the ship is sinking don'tcha think? And that's a question. Don'tcha think?

Head coach money? Head coach of what? He should be on last comic standing.

"Stubblefield said the money was important but he also considered the opportunity too good to pass up."

Like the opportunity to be employed next year.

shenanigans I say.

B,
This is dead-on. It is not as though this is the first departure from Mick's group either. I believe if folks are correct about the other "firing", then that makes 5 departures in 5
years.
I am curious what that last excuse your thinking of B...perhaps you can PM me so we can see if you end up being correct :-)

RE: Coach Stubblefield Leaving UC? - rath v2.0 - 07-01-2010 09:18 AM

Curious. Why do you put the word firing in quotations like there is some drama or ambiguity involved? He got sh!tcanned.

RE: Coach Stubblefield Leaving UC? - Zoroaster - 07-01-2010 09:28 AM

(07-01-2010 09:18 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Curious. Why do you put the word firing in quotations like there is some drama or ambiguity involved? He got sh!tcanned.

Because I have not seen an official article or news report that he is no longer part of the program. I have just seen it rumored as such by posters on this forum.

RE: Coach Stubblefield Leaving UC? - eroc - 07-01-2010 09:28 AM

zagsblog, citing an unnamed source, said that Stubblefield got double his salary to go to ORE. Also says that Savino is the lead candidate to replace Stubblefield.

https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria

RE: Coach Stubblefield Leaving UC? - rath v2.0 - 07-01-2010 09:34 AM

Oops.

RE: Coach Stubblefield Leaving UC? - QSECOFR - 07-01-2010 10:22 AM

Looks like Mick was telling the truth.

RE: Coach Stubblefield Leaving UC? - rath v2.0 - 07-01-2010 10:26 AM

Bak to the main topic.

With Stubblefield gone and Savino likely the next guy in, does anyone know what kind of a recruiter Darrin is? I know he was the main guy on landing Burger Boy Rosario, but I don't know much else about him on the circuit.

RE: Coach Stubblefield Leaving UC? - bearcatmill - 07-01-2010 10:38 AM

If it walks like a duck and sounds like a duck ....

RE: Coach Stubblefield Leaving UC? - BearcatOtto - 07-01-2010 10:49 AM

What's the big deal?

An coach left for what HE considers a better fit for him. Who cares what you think or what spin you want to put on it?

This happen every day in every business.

Get a new coach and move on.

RE: Coach Stubblefield Leaving UC? - Ring of Black - 07-01-2010 02:48 PM

Hope Savino hangs around more than a week this time.