CSNbbs
Will the Valley make a move? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Inactive Areas (/forum-770.html)
+--- Forum: MVCbbs (/forum-606.html)
+---- Forum: MVC Conference Talk (/forum-607.html)
+----- Forum: MVC Conference Talk (/forum-610.html)
+----- Thread: Will the Valley make a move? (/thread-439248.html)

Will the Valley make a move? - FeartheQ - 06-12-2010 07:41 PM

A lot of football colleges are making moves. My question is will all this trickle down to mid major conferences like the Valley?

RE: Will the Valley make a move? - chargeradio - 06-12-2010 08:58 PM

Unless if Illinois State, Southern Illinois, Missouri State, Northern Iowa, or Wichita State decide to move to FBS (and in the case of Wichita, completely restart its football program), I don't see the Valley making the move.

The exception would be if the Big East splits, in which case the Midwestern Atlantic 10 teams (Xavier, Dayton, St. Louis) are probably leaving for the Big East or Valley. If St. Louis joins the Valley, I could see Butler as their expansion partner-if the Big East doesn't add them first.

RE: Will the Valley make a move? - Downtown Shocker Brown - 01-05-2012 10:54 PM

I doubt the Valley ever does anything. Elgin's power is in the "Status Quo"

The Vallley was once the dominant conference in College Basketball. While it fell apart well before his time, when it put 4 teams in the dance he did nothing to build upon that, and removed the scheduling mandate that helped put it there.

RE: Will the Valley make a move? - SubGod22 - 01-06-2012 10:05 AM

Sad but true. I'd love to see the Valley put some feelers out there and see if anything comes of it. SLU isn't coming. Butler isn't coming. Dayton and Xavier aren't coming. Unless there's a huge shake up anyway. If the Big East or A10 does go nuts, I hope the Valley is prepared to be aggressive and pursue some of those teams.

Outside of that, there are only a handful of teams worth considering unless someone is willing to play football only in one conference and put the rest in the Valley.