CSNbbs
Official Recruiting Thread 2011 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-462.html)
+----- Forum: WMU Archives (/forum-939.html)
+----- Thread: Official Recruiting Thread 2011 (/thread-424628.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

Official Recruiting Thread 2011 - WMU69 - 03-10-2010 10:55 PM

The first offer is in for a lineman in the Commonwealth, Fredericksburg (Va.) Chancellor lineman Sam Marshall pulled his first offer earlier this week. The lineman landed the scholarship from a Division I program.

"Western Michigan offered verbally on Tuesday," Chancellor assistant Chris Lamb said. "They told me they thought they were going to pull the trigger and then got back and said they are verbally extending an offer.

"We thought it was going to be on the offensive side of the ball, but they said they watched film and saw enough and it was for the defensive side of the ball."

According to Lamb, Marshall is thrilled.

"He's very excited," he said. "I've talked to him and his mom. We're going to see how it all plays out and get his tape out more."

Other schools are taking an interest as well in the lineman prospect.

"We're through the first wave of evaluations and everybody is intrigued as he's a 6-foot-8, 250-pounder that just turned 16," he said. "Virginia Tech, NC State, Virginia, North Carolina and Duke are interested. Duke is very interested.

"He did visit Virginia last weekend on the 28th. More schools want to continue to watch him progress this spring."

Meanwhile, Chancellor has another prospect in 2011, athlete Micah Cunningham who is gaining interest.

"Vanderbilt was very impressed with him and liked his quickness," he said. "Other schools want to keep an eye on him, Virginia Tech wants him at camp, Virginia is interested along with Duke and North Carolina. He plans to visit Duke or North Carolina at the end of the month on the 27th.

"He's also getting interest from teams that run the flex offense, Wofford, Georgia Southern and Georgia Tech."

http://westernmichigan.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1061408

RE: Official Recruiting Thread 2011 - Chipdip - 03-10-2010 11:25 PM

Most of these this time of year are kids who will get several BCS offers. We don't have much of a chance at these kids.

RE: Official Recruiting Thread 2011 - broncos24 - 03-11-2010 12:22 AM

(03-10-2010 11:25 PM)Chipdip Wrote:  Most of these this time of year are kids who will get several BCS offers. We don't have much of a chance at these kids.

Don't tell the CMU fans this...they're all giddy over the offers that Enos is throwing out there.

This kid sounds like the prototypical Cubit recruit. Size, speed, and smarts. If Duke is "very interested", then there's a good chance that he's a stud off the field as well.

RE: Official Recruiting Thread 2011 - floridabronco - 03-11-2010 07:40 AM

I was waiting for this thread , now I can get to work.

RE: Official Recruiting Thread 2011 - Pitt-e-Wa - 03-11-2010 08:29 PM

You guys might be playing the Tim Hiller card by offering a kid from his high school.

You guys offer...

http://www.scoutingohio.com/index.php/view-profile.html?task=userProfile&user=4084&name=orrville88

RE: Official Recruiting Thread 2011 - Pitt-e-Wa - 03-18-2010 07:44 AM

You guys offer a 6-foot-8 250 pound defensive tackle from Virginia.

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2010/032010/03182010/535062

RE: Official Recruiting Thread 2011 - moe24 - 03-18-2010 09:41 AM

(03-11-2010 12:22 AM)broncos24 Wrote:  
(03-10-2010 11:25 PM)Chipdip Wrote:  Most of these this time of year are kids who will get several BCS offers. We don't have much of a chance at these kids.

Don't tell the CMU fans this...they're all giddy over the offers that Enos is throwing out there.

Meh, let them have their excitement. Reality is schools like WMU and CMU offer these kids in the hope that one will slip through the cracks and not take a BC$ offer. The real "make or break" for MAC classes are the relationships made during summer camps and during football season, and the commitments made in December.

RE: Official Recruiting Thread 2011 - Pitt-e-Wa - 03-19-2010 12:55 PM

You guys offer another defensive tackle. Mark Scarpinato from Wisconsin.

http://wissports.net/sports/football/blog/message.aspx?f=113&id=1140072

RE: Official Recruiting Thread 2011 - Stampede your face!! - 03-19-2010 05:34 PM

He better jump at it!! There won't be a better one around!! 02-13-banana

(03-19-2010 12:55 PM)Pitt-e-Wa Wrote:  You guys offer another defensive tackle. Mark Scarpinato from Wisconsin.

http://wissports.net/sports/football/blog/message.aspx?f=113&id=1140072

RE: Official Recruiting Thread 2011 - MmphsBronco - 03-24-2010 10:58 AM

Cubit may want to look into this kid -[/code] Matt Murphy. He is currently a junior at Christian Brothers High School here in Memphis. He goes to the same gym that I go to. I see him working out almost every day. He is a legitimate 6'1'' and weights between 250 and 255...mostly muscle. He claims he runs a 4.70 and is being recruited by University of Memphis, Southern Miss, and some high end division II schools. Good kid who would represent WMU well.

RE: Official Recruiting Thread 2011 - Stampede your face!! - 03-24-2010 04:19 PM

What does he play? May want to tell him to send the coaches a tape.

(03-24-2010 10:58 AM)MmphsBronco Wrote:  Cubit may want to look into this kid -[/code] Matt Murphy. He is currently a junior at Christian Brothers High School here in Memphis. He goes to the same gym that I go to. I see him working out almost every day. He is a legitimate 6'1'' and weights between 250 and 255...mostly muscle. He claims he runs a 4.70 and is being recruited by University of Memphis, Southern Miss, and some high end division II schools. Good kid who would represent WMU well.

RE: Official Recruiting Thread 2011 - Enough Is Enough 12 - 03-24-2010 05:15 PM

(03-24-2010 04:19 PM)Stampede your face!! Wrote:  What does he play? May want to tell him to send the coaches a tape.

(03-24-2010 10:58 AM)MmphsBronco Wrote:  Cubit may want to look into this kid -[/code] Matt Murphy. He is currently a junior at Christian Brothers High School here in Memphis. He goes to the same gym that I go to. I see him working out almost every day. He is a legitimate 6'1'' and weights between 250 and 255...mostly muscle. He claims he runs a 4.70 and is being recruited by University of Memphis, Southern Miss, and some high end division II schools. Good kid who would represent WMU well.

MLB or FB at those numbers
LB we could use......FB saw during spring practice we have like a dozen walk-ons plus we already have Blair and Brooks locked up for the next 4 years. Puts on another 30 lbs could be an athletic Nose Tackle. Remember we only have a dozen scholarships next year to give as well. Prob. all offensive guys knowing our program.

RE: Official Recruiting Thread 2011 - WMU69 - 04-02-2010 10:08 AM

Bloomington (Ill.) junior offensive guard prospect Luke McAvoy (6-foot-6, 260 pounds) was able to add his second scholarship offer earlier this week. McAvoy, who has been working hard this off season talks about his latest offer along with his latest suitors so far this spring in this recruiting update. So who is the latest school to offer Luke McAvoy?

"We just got back from a spring break vacation," McAvoy said. "It was great to get a chance to just get away and I'm counting down the days left in the school year. I received my second offer and we are also going to be making some upcoming unofficial visits."

McAvoy talked about adding his latest offer from Western Michigan.

"I received an offer last week from Western Michigan. I honestly still don't know too much about Western Michigan but I plan on doing some research on them now that I'm back from spring break. We are going to try to get out to see Western Michigan in person real soon and I'm excited to get an offer from them."

McAvoy has continued to draw steady recruiting looks and interest from several schools.

"I'm staying in touch with the coaches from Illinois State on a regular basis. I'm still hearing from Western Michigan. Ball State, Iowa, Wisconsin, Harvard, Yale and I also just received a questionnaire from Ohio State which is pretty cool."

McAvoy is also looking to hit the road starting this weekend.

"I'm heading out to Illinois on Saturday and we are also going to check out Western Michigan. Louisville, Ball State and Michigan State this spring for unofficial visits."

Luke McAvoy has scholarship offers from Illinois State University and Western Michigan.

RE: Official Recruiting Thread 2011 - WMU69 - 04-02-2010 10:13 AM

[/b]Chris Riley wasn't sure he'd ever get the chance to play football, not after injuring his neck as a child.

"I'm lucky to be walking," said Riley, a 5-foot-10, 166-pound wide receiver from Merritt Island, Fla. "When I was seven years old I was wrestling with my brother and I got thrown up in the air. I came straight down on my head and broke my neck, literally. I don't know how I'm walking."

Ten years later Riley isn't just walking, he's playing football a high level.

A torn ACL forced Riley to miss his sophomore season at Western High School in Kokomo, Ind. Following the school year he moved to Merritt Island where he hoped he'd attract more attention from college coaches. So far that plan has worked.

After accounting for more than 1,300 yards of offense Riley has drawn attention from a handful of schools that includes Florida, Penn State, Illinois, Oklahoma and TCU. This week he talked with coaches at Notre Dame and Western Michigan.

"I talked to Notre Dame's director of football operations (Tuesday) and then to coach (Brian) Kelly," Riley said. "They told me to come to their three-day football camp instead of their one-day camp. That way they can watch me more. They said they'd rather watch me at camp than just watching my highlight tape."

Riley said he talked to Kelly about the camp, but also about his brother, Matt Riley. Matt is a freshman at Western High School in Kokomo and recently won the state title in the indoor long jump. At 6-foot-2, 160-pounds, Matt already runs the 40-yard dash in about 4.46 seconds.

"(Kelly) said he heard about my brother too and said he was interested in both of us," Riley said.

Riley said he'd fit in perfectly with any college that runs the spread. He rushed for 987 yards on 99 carries and caught 26 passes for 357 yards.

"I was in motion literally every single play," he said. "I'm a slot guy like (New England Patriots wide receiver) Wes Welker or like how Florida used Percy Harvin."

Riley has run the 40-yard dash in 4.51 seconds. He said his size isn't an issue for some coaches.

"Western Michigan told me they didn't care about my size," he said. "Some colleges have a height requirement for the position but Western said it didn't matter as long as I produce at the position."
With the recent interest, Notre Dame and Western Michigan have climbed to the top of Riley's early list of favorites. He said he grew up favoring the Florida Gators, but he's open to any school that extends an offer.

Riley plans to camp at Notre Dame, Western Michigan, Florida and TCU. He'll also atte

RE: Official Recruiting Thread 2011 - WMU69 - 04-02-2010 02:25 PM

Alex Niznak Profile

Ithaca (Mich.) quarterback Alex Niznak received an offer from Western Michigan today.

http://westernmichigan.scout.com/a.z?s=226&p=9&c=2&cid=958874&nid=4660416&fhn=1

RE: Official Recruiting Thread 2011 - Bull^Shark - 04-09-2010 09:58 PM

Hey guys. Check this kid out. I just put this highlight together for him. He grew up playing ball with WMU 2010 Signee Tevin Drake.
His name is Alvin Delaine and he is a great kid and a hard worker. He has a good gpa and 21 ACT so he is good academically.
He is a solid 5-9 180 and he can run people over and take hits. But watch some of the quick cuts that he makes in these highlights. He is a real game changer. The St Pete Times named him the North-Suncoast Offensive Player of the Year for 2009, a season in which he rushed for 1,659 yards and 24 TDs on 182 carries (9.1 ypc) and he caught 15 balls for 268 yards and 4 TDs.
You guys have been doing great picking up RBs but this kid could be a steal for 2011 and it really wouldn't hurt to start a pipeline to this area. Anyway, I am just hoping to start to getting his name out. Let me know what you think! Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb13hBv8Evk

RE: Official Recruiting Thread 2011 - floridabronco - 04-10-2010 07:20 PM

Saw Delaine several times last fall. Mid-major DI prospect all the way. Hopefully he'll run behind an improved O line this year. BS is correct keep an eye on this guy.

RE: Official Recruiting Thread 2011 - Bull^Shark - 04-11-2010 10:54 AM

(04-10-2010 07:20 PM)floridabronco Wrote:  Saw Delaine several times last fall. Mid-major DI prospect all the way. Hopefully he'll run behind an improved O line this year. BS is correct keep an eye on this guy.

Nice.. He actually said that their line will be worse next year. They are stacked at skill positions though. His highlights are just getting out though and with his grades being the way they are he will start picking up a lot of interest. Especially with the amount of colleges that will be coming through Hernando County this spring.

RE: Official Recruiting Thread 2011 - Bull^Shark - 04-13-2010 09:15 AM

"There’s no doubt that a running back is measured by production and with that being the case just call Alvin Delanie “The Producer”. Delanie used his sharp cuts, leg drive, vision and break away speed to crank out 1,659 yards and 24 TD’s rushing in 2009. He didn’t stop there as he gashed the opposition for another 268 yards receiving and another 4 touchdowns. You have to love that when you are the coach and Hernando High School is grateful. The opposition is not so happy. The first clip on his highlight video can only be described as ridiculous as every defender on the film took a turn at Delanie with no results. Six broken tackles later, Delanie was in the end zone with the ball for a 50 yard touchdown. It goes on and on during the video as he makes defenders red faced with embarrassment. He’s definitely worth the price of admission and 3:51 of your time to watch his exploits." -http://www.gridironstuds.com/blog/

RE: Official Recruiting Thread 2011 - MileHighBronco - 04-13-2010 09:27 PM

Although we have little chance of landing him, anybody know anything about this QB?

Highly touted Kiehl Frazier, out of Arkansas.

http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=430944