CSNbbs
ETSU (Official Game Thread) - 02/12/10 - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ASunbbs (/forum-341.html)
+---- Forum: Atlantic Sun Team Talk (/forum-319.html)
+----- Forum: Kennesaw State (/forum-336.html)
+----- Thread: ETSU (Official Game Thread) - 02/12/10 (/thread-418789.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

ETSU (Official Game Thread) - 02/12/10 - KennesawBasketball - 02-09-2010 09:47 AM

This will be our only regular season game that will be broadcasted on TV. What kind of team will show up? If we come with the same level of intensity that we came out against Upstate then it will be a 15-20 point again. If we bring the same intensity that we brought against Mercer then I think we are competitive to the end with a chance to win.

It is time to change the tide up in Johnson City. We haven't had a good game up there since really our second year when we competed for most of the game. We need a shocking win, and this would be it. They are certainly favored, but we have some abilities that they will be hard pressed to match if we bring our A-game.

Hoping for a great game.

Go Owls!

RE: ETSU (Official Game Thread) - 02/12/10 - Owlzfan84 - 02-09-2010 01:38 PM

Wont be shocked if we win. Why should i be? we've beaten Lipscomb and Mercer twice. No reason why we cant beat ETSU. Honestly i almost expect to win. Our players should be pissed about what happend last Saturday and i guarantee they want to make a statement, especially in a tv game.

and one more thing, i would love to see Markeith throw one down and end up on sportscenter like Wooten did a few years ago.

RE: ETSU (Official Game Thread) - 02/12/10 - KennesawBasketball - 02-09-2010 01:55 PM

We haven't had a Markeith slamajama in a long time it seems. There is no other team I would rather him posterize someone than ETSU. Kurtis and Zadrian can join the fun too if they would like.

RE: ETSU (Official Game Thread) - 02/12/10 - ETSUfan1 - 02-09-2010 02:36 PM

03-lol Good luck.

RE: ETSU (Official Game Thread) - 02/12/10 - Bucfaithful - 02-09-2010 04:19 PM

I'm not convinced you guys have turned the corner, nor am I convinced we have either. We did a decent job of containing Cummings in the first game (held him to at around his average) and did an effective job of nearly eliminating everyone else. I think this should be our exact strategy for this game too.

We've struggled to score this season, which I'm certain the crafty Ingle is well aware of. I suspect he'll try to frustrate an already frustrated offense.

RE: ETSU (Official Game Thread) - 02/12/10 - KennesawBasketball - 02-09-2010 05:05 PM

If our press is effective, I think we have a chance...if it isn't you will be doing a layup drill much like last time. This is a much bigger game for the Owls than the Bucs which I think plays into our favor.

RE: ETSU (Official Game Thread) - 02/12/10 - adamsputnik - 02-09-2010 07:00 PM

It would be nice to actually beat these ball-bags for once. I expect the team will be pretty fired up but I have a feeling that playing away from home against this mob will be too much to overcome. One can only hope, though.

RE: ETSU (Official Game Thread) - 02/12/10 - Doctor Zaius - 02-10-2010 12:19 AM

Kennesaw wins by five or more

RE: ETSU (Official Game Thread) - 02/12/10 - ETSUfan1 - 02-10-2010 04:08 PM

Bucs win by 15 or more.

RE: ETSU (Official Game Thread) - 02/12/10 - Owlzfan84 - 02-10-2010 04:21 PM

(02-10-2010 04:08 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  Bucs win by 15 or more.

Owls win by a billion.

RE: ETSU (Official Game Thread) - 02/12/10 - Nick M - 02-10-2010 04:41 PM

+1 owlzfan84

RE: ETSU (Official Game Thread) - 02/12/10 - Goldfinger - 02-12-2010 12:12 AM

Tonight is a must win for Kennesaw in order for you kids to gain any sort of credibility as not only a division one school but also a fan base. You have huffed and puffed for four years and it is now do or die against a very weak ETSU team. Put up or shut up. If you can't win this one....you might as well go back to division 2.

RE: ETSU (Official Game Thread) - 02/12/10 - ksuowlsfan - 02-12-2010 06:59 AM

(02-12-2010 12:12 AM)Goldfinger Wrote:  Put up or shut up. If you can't win this one....you might as well go back to division 2.

Yawn.

We're not there yet. Some of us have been talking smack, others have felt that it will take some time and several years post-transition to really become a factor in the A Sun. Make no mistake - ETSU is still the clear favorite in this game. If we win, it would be a huge step, but if we lose, it's hardly a death knell for the first-year program.

Kenpom.com handicaps this game as a 13-point win for ETSU. I'd be happy if it stays closer than that, and would be thrilled with a win.

RE: ETSU (Official Game Thread) - 02/12/10 - Escalade2121 - 02-12-2010 07:17 AM

I think the key to this game is to see how the Owls respond after what was a lackluster performance on Saturday. They've had all week to let that one fester inside of them. I'm hoping they come out with guns blazing...eh, or at least not ice cold like the Upstate game. I feel this is a very winnable game. Personally, I'd handicap it somewhere in the 6-8 point range in favor of ETSU.

RE: ETSU (Official Game Thread) - 02/12/10 - baller8 - 02-12-2010 09:04 AM

GFWO-- Your post on the ETSU site regarding "Our winning streak should have been still in tact but our All American Beautiful point guard threw the ball to the other team in crunch time to seal the loss". This is a low blow and it doesn't help the kids confidence. One play does not loose the game, if you were at the game you would realize that we had numerous opportunities but we couldn't capitalize for whatever reason. We came out flat and really never got into a rhythm.Personally, I think that our point guard has played pretty well as of late.As with any team as young as we are, you are going to have ups and downs hopefully we are learning from these mistakes. GO OWLS make a statement during these next six games. One last question, why didn't you post that comment on this board?????

RE: ETSU (Official Game Thread) - 02/12/10 - adamsputnik - 02-12-2010 09:13 AM

(02-12-2010 12:12 AM)Goldfinger Wrote:  Tonight is a must win for Kennesaw in order for you kids to gain any sort of credibility as not only a division one school but also a fan base. You have huffed and puffed for four years and it is now do or die against a very weak ETSU team. Put up or shut up. If you can't win this one....you might as well go back to division 2.

You just have to ****-stir, don't you! 05-stirthepot

RE: ETSU (Official Game Thread) - 02/12/10 - KennesawBasketball - 02-12-2010 10:20 AM

Alright, I am done with the ETSU board until after this game. I am pumped for this game, and hoping our guys are ready. If we could somehow get a win, it would not only make up for the Upstate debacle, but it would give our guys more confidence that we can win on the road. All the odds are stacked against us, but in basketball anything can happen on any given night.

Ignoring Goldfinger is the best idea when he gets like this. This time off should have given us plenty of time to heal up (Matt Heramb, Ladaris Green)....we need to play physical aggressive ball tonight.

RE: ETSU (Official Game Thread) - 02/12/10 - MercerFan - 02-12-2010 01:14 PM

I want 2 Georgia victories tonight

RE: ETSU (Official Game Thread) - 02/12/10 - KennesawBasketball - 02-12-2010 01:46 PM

I am with you Mercer....I always root for Mercer to win their games as long as it isn't in direct conflict with Kennesaw. I think we have a healthy rivalry with you. I pretty much root for ETSU to lose based on our history, but I do have a healthy respect for their success. Good luck tonight.

RE: ETSU (Official Game Thread) - 02/12/10 - kr983 - 02-12-2010 04:22 PM

KSU needs to come out and play physical and force them to take jump shots. Play strong inside the paint and I think we can win this game.