CSNbbs
ND vs USF - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: ND vs USF (/thread-418505.html)

ND vs USF - Cubanbull - 02-07-2010 12:11 PM

USF has not come out with same energy I saw in past games and is down 10-2 to the Irish.

RE: ND vs USF - bitcruncher - 02-07-2010 12:16 PM

It's 16-2 now...

RE: ND vs USF - Cubanbull - 02-07-2010 12:38 PM

from 15 down is now 25-20
Go Bulls!!!

RE: ND vs USF - Cubanbull - 02-07-2010 12:50 PM

34-34 half
and the Irish crying for fouls.

RE: ND vs USF - bitcruncher - 02-07-2010 12:52 PM

The Bulls played better in the latter stages of the first half, for sure. If they keep playing like that, the Irish will go down @home, and the Bulls will suddenly find themselves sitting squarely on the NCAA tourney bubble...

RE: ND vs USF - Cubanbull - 02-07-2010 12:57 PM

Jones only had 7 points but started to come alive at the end. The Bulls end the half on a 24-9 run coming back from 25-10.
Lets hope they come out with same fire they ended this half.

RE: ND vs USF - Cubanbull - 02-07-2010 01:25 PM

Bulls up 47-44

RE: ND vs USF - bitcruncher - 02-07-2010 01:30 PM

Bulls by 6 almost halfway through the 2nd half...

RE: ND vs USF - Know Nothing - 02-07-2010 01:43 PM

All tied up at 50 with 7:30 left. Let's Go Irish! Both of these teams need this win if they want to keep NCAA hopes alive.

RE: ND vs USF - Cubanbull - 02-07-2010 01:53 PM

56-56 with 3 minutes to go

RE: ND vs USF - bitcruncher - 02-07-2010 02:11 PM

The Bulls came up just short at the end... 04-cheers

RE: ND vs USF - Cubanbull - 02-07-2010 02:14 PM

tough loss. Both teams played hard and we didnt hit FTs.
Next at Marquette

RE: ND vs USF - quo vadis - 02-07-2010 03:20 PM

Very tough loss ... very damaging to our NCAA tourney chances, but it's astonishing that we're even talking about those chances so i don't have much to complain about.

RE: ND vs USF - USFMike - 02-08-2010 12:08 AM

free throws was the story of the game, if we hit them we win, even with d. jones having a subpar game.

i wouldn't throw in the towel yet, although the marquette game has more importance now, but gilchrist should FINALLY be ready by than. about time as we really could have used him today. we still have 4 winnable home games (cinci,prov,st johns,uconn) and depaul on the road. win at least 4 of those and maybe 1 game in the tournament and we're in, worst case scenario we get into the nit with a stacked team coming back next year.

RE: ND vs USF - quo vadis - 02-08-2010 11:16 PM

(02-08-2010 12:08 AM)USFMike Wrote:  free throws was the story of the game, if we hit them we win, even with d. jones having a subpar game.

i wouldn't throw in the towel yet, although the marquette game has more importance now, but gilchrist should FINALLY be ready by than. about time as we really could have used him today. we still have 4 winnable home games (cinci,prov,st johns,uconn) and depaul on the road. win at least 4 of those and maybe 1 game in the tournament and we're in, worst case scenario we get into the nit with a stacked team coming back next year.

ESPN's latest bracketology has USF among the first 4 teams to MISS the tourney (all 4 are BE teams - ND, Marquette, Cincy, and USF).

That's good news to me, it means we're close to the bubble, still can make it happen.

RE: ND vs USF - USFMike - 02-08-2010 11:49 PM

(02-08-2010 11:16 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(02-08-2010 12:08 AM)USFMike Wrote:  free throws was the story of the game, if we hit them we win, even with d. jones having a subpar game.

ESPN's latest bracketology has USF among the first 4 teams to MISS the tourney (all 4 are BE teams - ND, Marquette, Cincy, and USF).

That's good news to me, it means we're close to the bubble, still can make it happen.

anything's possible at this point, gottlieb has us going in and andy katz is a believer. i'll feel much better about our chances once gilchrist comes back, him and famous should be one heck of a frontcourt and will give marquette fits.

RE: ND vs USF - cuseroc - 02-09-2010 07:49 AM

Who would have ever thought that USF fans would be talking about Uconn being a winable home bb game in the year 2010, and not sounding like a complete homer? I didnt see it coming.

RE: ND vs USF - quo vadis - 02-09-2010 08:29 AM

(02-09-2010 07:49 AM)cuseroc Wrote:  Who would have ever thought that USF fans would be talking about Uconn being a winable home bb game in the year 2010, and not sounding like a complete homer? I didnt see it coming.

Don't feel bad - no one in the USF community saw it coming either.

RE: ND vs USF - USFMike - 02-09-2010 11:32 AM

(02-09-2010 07:49 AM)cuseroc Wrote:  

Who would have ever thought that USF fans would be talking about Uconn being a winable home bb game in the year 2010, and not sounding like a complete homer? I didnt see it coming.

before the season i always said we'd win our share of be games this year and probably be NIT bound, but i don't think anyone would have predicted us having a legitimate shot at the ncaas at this point in the season without gilchrist.