CSNbbs
John Brady Quote - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: OVCbbs (/forum-17.html)
+---- Forum: Ohio Valley Team Talk (/forum-784.html)
+----- Forum: Little Rock (/forum-291.html)
+----- Thread: John Brady Quote (/thread-417326.html)

John Brady Quote - LR Alum - 02-02-2010 09:13 AM

From the ADG article:
“I always want Little Rock to win because it’s good for the state, except when we play them, then I want to kick their a**.”

RE: John Brady Quote - Scotto - 02-02-2010 09:17 AM

[Image: redmeat.jpg]

RE: John Brady Quote - LRTrojan - 02-02-2010 10:42 AM

(02-02-2010 09:13 AM)LR Alum Wrote:  From the ADG article:
“I always want Little Rock to win because it’s good for the state, except when we play them, then I want to kick their a**.”

Some of us feel the same way about Arkansas State. I personally, unless it somehow affects UALR in the standings, like to see ASU do well, "except when we play them, then I want to kick their a**."

RE: John Brady Quote - LRTrojan - 02-02-2010 10:47 AM

I like Brady. I like his attitude. I believe he's a winner. Evidently he can recruit and coach. I don't think he'll be there long, but while he is, I'm afraid we're going to be eating a lot of their dust. He's got a very young team. He believes in recruiting high school seniors, and using very few jucos.

RE: John Brady Quote - Seminole Indian - 02-02-2010 06:20 PM

(02-02-2010 10:47 AM)LRTrojan Wrote:  I like Brady. I like his attitude. I believe he's a winner. Evidently he can recruit and coach. I don't think he'll be there long, but while he is, I'm afraid we're going to be eating a lot of their dust. He's got a very young team. He believes in recruiting high school seniors, and using very few jucos.
That is just wishful thinking on your part but there is a much better chance that this is Brady's last stop. He wants more than anything to build a program that he can point to and say that it is my program and he thinks he can do that in Jonesboro. We will see.

Most of us just hope we get out of Little Rock alive Thursday.

RE: John Brady Quote - arkstfan - 02-02-2010 06:29 PM

Unless you know what makes a guy tick, you can't really get a handle on what they would do in a situation.

RE: John Brady Quote - LRTrojan - 02-02-2010 06:52 PM

(02-02-2010 06:20 PM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  
(02-02-2010 10:47 AM)LRTrojan Wrote:  I like Brady. I like his attitude. I believe he's a winner. Evidently he can recruit and coach. I don't think he'll be there long, but while he is, I'm afraid we're going to be eating a lot of their dust. He's got a very young team. He believes in recruiting high school seniors, and using very few jucos.

That is just wishful thinking on your part but there is a much better chance that this is Brady's last stop. He wants more than anything to build a program that he can point to and say that it is my program and he thinks he can do that in Jonesboro. We will see.

It's not wishful thinking, I'd like to see him stay there for the rest of his career. It's good for our conference. I just want a coach here that can recruit players that can keep pace with Brady and the Western Kentucky's of our league. I just don't think he will stay if he gets a huge offer to go back to the big time. I sure couldn't blame him and I don't think ASU fans would blame him either. If he does stay after turning down big money, then I'll have even more respect for him than I do now. But, I might wonder about his sanity if he turns down a million or so to stay.

RE: John Brady Quote - Seminole Indian - 02-02-2010 07:14 PM

(02-02-2010 06:52 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  

It's not wishful thinking, I'd like to see him stay there for the rest of his career. It's good for our conference. I just want a coach here that can recruit players that can keep pace with Brady and the Western Kentucky's of our league. I just don't think he will stay if he gets a huge offer to go back to the big time. I sure couldn't blame him and I don't think ASU fans would blame him either. If he does stay after turning down big money, then I'll have even more respect for him than I do now. But, I might wonder about his sanity if he turns down a million or so to stay.
Might be wrong, but I think they have some kind of deal worked out where he can still make as much money after the LSU money stops. ASU had decided to do what it takes to hire a big-time coach and keep him.

RE: John Brady Quote - outsideualr - 02-02-2010 07:22 PM

(02-02-2010 07:14 PM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  

Might be wrong, but I think they have some kind of deal worked out where he can still make as much money after the LSU money stops. ASU had decided to do what it takes to hire a big-time coach and keep him.

I guess if Middle can pay a football coach a million a year, there's no telling what Brady could make.04-cheers

RE: John Brady Quote - Seminole Indian - 02-02-2010 08:20 PM

(02-02-2010 07:22 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  

I guess if Middle can pay a football coach a million a year, there's no telling what Brady could make.04-cheers
Based of what FIU did we may have an arms race before too long. While you have a much better Coach than we had before Brady, I see nothing stopping you from doing the same if you have to.

RE: John Brady Quote - outsideualr - 02-02-2010 09:38 PM

(02-02-2010 08:20 PM)Seminole Indian Wrote:  
(02-02-2010 07:22 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  

Based of what FIU did we may have an arms race before too long. While you have a much better Coach than we had before Brady, I see nothing stopping you from doing the same if you have to.

We must not possess the same resources as you guys. I can't see us ever paying a coach what you are probably paying, or going to pay, Brady.

Everyone doesn't have the money to pay these big time coaches, and that situation is getting completely out of hand. If a change is ever made in our program, I can't see us hiring a big name. We'll probably hire a young guy on his way up, which is allright.04-cheers

RE: John Brady Quote - LRTrojan - 02-02-2010 10:47 PM

When are they going to do that in football?

RE: John Brady Quote - arkstfan - 02-02-2010 11:01 PM

When we make enough off basketball to afford it.