CSNbbs
Ole Miss to Sell Grove Spots - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SECbbs (/forum-285.html)
+---- Forum: SEC West Team Talk (/forum-238.html)
+----- Forum: Ole Miss (/forum-252.html)
+----- Thread: Ole Miss to Sell Grove Spots (/thread-407867.html)

Ole Miss to Sell Grove Spots - olemisscowboy - 12-17-2009 01:08 PM

As much as my group and I already pay to have our tents set up/taken down and stored, not happy to see this. Because the way it'll work, the university will charge the contractors, who in turn will charge us more.

Damn...

Ole Miss to Look at Charging for Grove Spots

OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) -- The University of Mississippi is looking to change how things operate at the grove for tailgaters.

"There have been problems," explains Executive Assistant Andrew Mullins. "This year we were overwhelmed with it."

Fans started showing up as early as 7 a.m. the day before the game to claim the prime spots in the grove. That meant blocking roads, faculty parking spots and re-directing university resources to handle the incoming fans.

Mullins says the university is tackling the problem head on.

"Designating spots, selling spots which would not make it so urgent that they got there at a particular time."

By charging fans for a place in the grove, the university hopes to restore order on Fridays.

"It's ridiculous," says Ole Miss fan Don Hobson. "As far as I'm concerned it's like commercializing Ballard Park and charging for picnic grounds on the weekend."

No plans have been set into stone. The university will set up a committee to look specifically at the issue