CSNbbs
Congratulations UCONN!! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: AAC Conference Talk (/forum-409.html)
+---- Thread: Congratulations UCONN!! (/thread-397698.html)

Congratulations UCONN!! - WacoBearcat - 11-07-2009 11:40 PM

Wow, your team played with heart tonight. You certainly earned Cincinnati's respect tonight.

I know you lost on the scoreboard tonight. But your kids, coaches, your program are WINNERS!!

RE: Congratulations UCONN!! - omniorange - 11-07-2009 11:56 PM

Agreed. The Huskies have shown a lot of heart these last three games.

They've earned the respect of many around the nation.

Cheers,
Neil

RE: Congratulations UCONN!! - Stookey57 - 11-08-2009 12:09 AM

it's good to show heart and get respect but it's better to win..
thanks........03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead

RE: Congratulations UCONN!! - SF Husky - 11-08-2009 01:48 AM

Thanks but we need some breaks somewhere. We can't keep losing these games in the 4th quarter. I love the growth of our offense though. You got a nice QB in Zach C. The kid is better than Pike. Had Pike played, UCONN would have won. Jordan Todman gonna be a stud.

RE: Congratulations UCONN!! - bitcruncher - 11-08-2009 08:33 AM

Husky, it seems like the only breaks UConn is getting this year is to some bones. When it rains, it pours, and y'all are stuck on the leading edge of a hurricane...

RE: Congratulations UCONN!! - Maize - 11-08-2009 08:43 AM

(11-08-2009 01:48 AM)SF Husky Wrote:  Thanks but we need some breaks somewhere. We can't keep losing these games in the 4th quarter. I love the growth of our offense though. You got a nice QB in Zach C. The kid is better than Pike. Had Pike played, UCONN would have won. Jordan Todman gonna be a stud.

He good but he is NOT better then Tony Pike. That just pure homerism.

RE: Congratulations UCONN!! - mlb - 11-08-2009 09:26 AM

Fully agree, Maize. Neither UC's nor UConn's defense looked like they could stop a peewee team last night. I don't believe having Pike in there would have changed much in terms of offensive production. UC's breakdowns on special teams and a couple of big runs let UConn back in the game... had that punt not been returned for a TD then I doubt the game ever gets back within 1 score.

RE: Congratulations UCONN!! - bearcatmark - 11-08-2009 10:54 AM

That punt was the turning point... I thought the way our offense was playing we should have went for it... then we give up that punt td... UCONN gets a stop and all of a sudden it is a football game. Props to the huskies...they battled back when Cincinnati was totally dominating the game (at one point in the second half I think the Bearcats doubled their yards). I just wish we would have gone for it on that 4th down... we get it and this game may never get under 20.

RE: Congratulations UCONN!! - Cubanbull - 11-08-2009 11:34 AM

I agree UConn showed a lot of heart in this game and have been getting bad breaks all year long. I hope they dont find them when we play them.

With that said I think UC will be open to criticism on its defensive play in this game, you know all the critics will be pointing at allowing 45 points to a UConn team whose biggest scoring output vs a 1A team was 38 vs Louisville as a weak point.

RE: Congratulations UCONN!! - mattsarz - 11-08-2009 11:37 AM

(11-08-2009 11:34 AM)Cubanbull Wrote:  I agree UConn showed a lot of heart in this game and have been getting bad breaks all year long. I hope they dont find them when we play them.

With that said I think UC will be open to criticism on its defensive play in this game, you know all the critics will be pointing at allowing 45 points to a UConn team whose biggest scoring output vs a 1A team was 38 vs Louisville as a weak point.

It shouldn't affect them on the computers, but the voters will likely look at 47-45 and question it. Particularly when the team at #6 won 52-12.

RE: Congratulations UCONN!! - TIGER-PAUL - 11-08-2009 11:37 AM

I didn't think they have that much fight left. I was an entertaining game overall and worked out well I think for national tv.