CSNbbs
"Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-462.html)
+----- Forum: WMU Archives (/forum-939.html)
+----- Thread: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... (/thread-373435.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - DesertBronco - 06-15-2009 03:32 PM

Sounds like a proponent of censorship to me.

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - MajorHoople - 06-15-2009 04:45 PM

Bottom line:

Ms. Palin's 14-year old daughter was not raped by A-Rod or anybody else, nor did anybody (Letterman, or "Gap Tooth" if you prefer) say she is a "whore" (remember definition, Dipper).

Methinks thou doest protest too much.

Wanna keep this thread going to 200+?

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - Hiller4Hyz09 - 06-15-2009 04:56 PM

Would there be this much debate if someone would have said Antiquity knocked up Palin's daughter? We all would have assumed that it was Bristol (who, as we all know, will GIVE IT UP!), and then it would come out that the governor, who, wanting her face to show up on the right wing-controlled media's crown jewel, Broncoblitz.com, was taking her 14 year-old to see John Potter's golden leg, not Bristol.

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - MajorHoople - 06-15-2009 05:06 PM

(06-15-2009 03:32 PM)DesertBronco Wrote:  Sounds like a proponent of censorship to me.

The Dipper is 21st Century incarnation of Agnew. Not that his diatribes on a WMU sports message board is going to impact the country. But he does make spirited efforts (spends time after midnight, thanks to DB!), we must all admit.

Personally, waiting for his attempt to discredit Shep Smith for leaving the "Big Tent" - that should be good!

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - Chipdip - 06-15-2009 09:37 PM

Still "trying" to be the smartest guy in the room I see.
[Image: cage-talosian-718794.jpg]

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - DesertBronco - 06-15-2009 09:39 PM

Oh once again, the cartoons and funny pictures, THANK YOU DIP!!

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - acer1 - 06-16-2009 09:36 AM

Now that Letterman has apologized, I can't wait for all of the defenders to say here that he was bashed by the "right wing" conspiracy.

Folks iy was a dumb joke to begin with and it was out of bounds to include a child of a politician. Not too difficult to understand.

Always proud to be a Bronco.

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - MajorHoople - 06-16-2009 09:45 AM

(06-16-2009 09:36 AM)acer1 Wrote:  Now that Letterman has apologized, I can't wait for all of the defenders to say here that he was bashed by the "right wing" conspiracy.

Folks iy was a dumb joke to begin with and it was out of bounds to include a child of a politician. Not too difficult to understand.

You can find the latter sentiments expressed many different times in the first couple dozen or so posts in this thread.

As for the "right wing conspiracy" your pack leader The Dipper has pretty much kept the flame lit for four pages (I will admit to pouring on some gasoline) on this board at least. If it were up to him we'd still have public pillorying in the town squares - Letterman doesn't know how lucky he is!

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - DesertBronco - 06-16-2009 09:59 AM

Quote:You can find the latter sentiments expressed many different times in the first couple dozen or so posts in this thread.

No kidding. Ugh.

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - Chipdip - 06-16-2009 10:14 AM

Quote:The Dipper has pretty much kept the flame lit for four pages (I will admit to pouring on some gasoline) on this board at least.

Even the perp, Dave Letterman gets it now.

You on the other hand defended it left and right left.

If my premise was soooo far out there, I guarantee it would have been ignored. You argued it, because you know damn well making a joke about raping a 14 year old was flat out wrong, and you wouldn't tolerate being done to your child either. You're quandary of course is that to side with me would be to go against your own ideology.

You chose ideology over principle.

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - MajorHoople - 06-16-2009 10:20 AM

(06-11-2009 07:56 AM)MajorHoople Wrote:  You do know Lettermen is a comedian (and a late night one at that), right?

People's tastes in humor as all else run in different directions. That joke was a little over the line for me. Public figures, and by extension their families (your Kennedy family history for example, dippie) are targets for slings and arrows fairly and unfairly. Letterman's bit was hyperbolic and shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Depends somewhat on whose ox is getting gored too. As crass as it was, I've heard worse (see: Coulter, Ann, eg.)

Please re-read paragraph two, sentence two, Herr Goebbels. This was post #19 (my first) on this thread (authored by you), about 150 posts ago, after you'd already posted indignantly six times.

Hell hath no fury like The Dipper scorned apparently. Let it go, bud.

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - DesertBronco - 06-16-2009 10:28 AM

Dip, as your intellectual superior, I'm telling you to knock it off.

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - MajorHoople - 06-16-2009 10:32 AM

(06-16-2009 10:28 AM)DesertBronco Wrote:  Dip, as your intellectual superior, I'm telling you to knock it off.

NOW you've poked the bear, DB.

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - thegeneral - 06-16-2009 10:36 AM

Letterman is old news, this has been happening for months

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/story?id=5719503&page=1

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - BroncoPhilly - 06-16-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:You chose ideology over principle.

LOL, look in the mirror.

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - Dirty Ernie - 06-16-2009 10:54 AM

In looking at the title of this thread, it seems to be a bit hyperbolic.

Letterman never called Palin a slut. He said she LOOKED like a slut. In a diverse society, everyone can have their own opinion about what a "look" implies. To have the end result of an alleged $350,000 makeover payed for by the McCain campaign be a look that is "slutty" to many has some serious implications for political campaign "look" management, I think. Many people don't want to vote for those portraying "sluttish" looks. If I were her, I'd lose the look and go back to the cod fisherwomen thing. Much more genuine.

Also, getting knocked up is not analagous to whoredom. I don't think Letterman called either daughter a whore. If anything, in Dip's interpretation (raped) she would be a victom, not a purveyor. So does Dip think Letterman was actually portraying the 14 year old as a victom of rape? If that is the case, I'd think A-Rod would be the one to have an objection.

But then by the same standard, knocking someone up does not necessarily mean you are a rapist. For instance, every mother has been knocked up from time to time, hopefully most times that is a result of happy and consensual relationship. And the truth of the matter, there are probably a couple million young ladies out there that would give it up in a flash to have A-Rod's kid. Hmmmm. Would that be all bad? A pretty good gene pool there!

I'm just not getting there on all this outrage. I don't think there was much humor in what Letterman said, and he has said he was just reading the teleprompter as usual, and he personally was not thinking of Willow at all in this context. So he is obviously guilty of failing to read and vet his writer's material before he goes on for his monologue, yeah, that's a screw up, admittedly, and he's sorry about all that.

But really, the substance of the thing, he never called Palin a slut and he never called her daughter a whore, and he never advocated rape. All that is just some kind of right wing fantasy.

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - MajorHoople - 06-16-2009 11:40 AM

The Dipper's reply to Ernie, above:

"Don't confuse me with the facts - my mind's made up!!"

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - acer1 - 06-16-2009 02:21 PM

So DE, if I say that you "look like a horses rear end"...........you would not be offended???????????

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - DesertBronco - 06-16-2009 02:24 PM

Is it accurate? Would you be offended Acer?

RE: "Palin a slut, 14 year daughter a whore" MSNBC defends that.......... - acer1 - 06-16-2009 02:44 PM

DE tells me that I shouldn't............I'm waiting for his answer.

What do you think?