CSNbbs
2010 Football Recruiting Thread/VERBAL LIST - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-462.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois Archives (/forum-792.html)
+----- Thread: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/VERBAL LIST (/thread-351368.html)

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread - rabidawg900 - 12-28-2009 08:23 PM

(12-28-2009 05:24 PM)armour248 Wrote:  We already have a verbal from one juco right? The safety from Coffeyville?

Yeah this guy: http://rivals.yahoo.com/jcgridiron/football/recruiting/player-Demetrius-Stone-102738

Adding him in we actually have 8 verbals. I updated the verbal list on the first post of this thread.

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread - prairiedawg - 12-28-2009 08:49 PM

(12-28-2009 07:56 PM)NIU32 Wrote:  Armand Williams update from the Arkansas recruiting website....

Williams looks toward the future
December 26, 2009 – 12:49 pm

Louisiana receiver Armand Williams made his official visit to Arkansas last weekend and had a chance to talk to Arkansas offensive coordinator Garrick McGee, who had kind words for Williams.

“He said he looked at my junior and senior highlight film and he said I’m an awesome receiver.” Williams said.

Williams, 6-3, 185, 4.5 of Slidell has offers from Arkansas, Kansas State, SMU, Southern Miss, New Mexico and others. While confident of his ability, Williams knows stepping up to the college level will be a challenge.

“I wouldn’t mind being redshirted,” Williams said. “I think I have a lot to work on. I would work my tail off and still have four more years under my belt.”

Williams sees the benefits of working out and becoming more physically mature while sitting out his first year of college.

“Some kids want to play early and they don’t have that talent level,” said Williams, who had about 500 receiving yards and 9 touchdowns during his senior season. “Especially if you’re trying to get to the NFL, I want to stay in college as long as I can and find out if I’m good enough to go to the NFL than to play four straight years and you’re not even coping with the speed of the game in your freshman year because you haven’t practiced that much. You’ve just gone through the summer workouts and then all of sudden play.”

http://recruiting.arkansasonline.com/index.php/2009/12/26/williams-looks-toward-the-future/

loooove this kid's attitude and maturity (not to mention the freakish athletic ability) heres to hoping Kill can pull off a miracle and get him signed!!!

Damn this dude sounds like a parakeet -- repeating what some coach probably told him on his Arkansas visit. They know he has offers from schools where he can play immediately so they feed him that BS about how it is a bAD thing.

Don't believe them Armand......if you play as a frosh at a school you will play likely all 4 years. You go to Arkansas you may never even sniff the field if they are telling you this garbage.

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread - UIHuskie - 12-28-2009 09:40 PM

(12-28-2009 08:49 PM)prairiedawg Wrote:  Damn this dude sounds like a parakeet -- repeating what some coach probably told him on his Arkansas visit. They know he has offers from schools where he can play immediately so they feed him that BS about how it is a bAD thing.

Don't believe them Armand......if you play as a frosh at a school you will play likely all 4 years. You go to Arkansas you may never even sniff the field if they are telling you this garbage.

I don't see anywhere where he says it's a "bad" thing to play right away (or where he says the Arkansas staff said anything similar to that), nor do I think it's "BS" or "garbage" for Arkansas to discuss redshirting with a kid if that's what they plan to do with him.

Why is it any more "BS" to tell a kid he might not play right away then to tell him he will (which, I presume, is what you think NIU's stance is)?

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread - prairiedawg - 12-28-2009 10:18 PM

(12-28-2009 09:40 PM)UIHuskie Wrote:  
(12-28-2009 08:49 PM)prairiedawg Wrote:  Damn this dude sounds like a parakeet -- repeating what some coach probably told him on his Arkansas visit. They know he has offers from schools where he can play immediately so they feed him that BS about how it is a bAD thing.

I don't see anywhere where he says it's a "bad" thing to play right away (or where he says the Arkansas staff said anything similar to that), nor do I think it's "BS" or "garbage" for Arkansas to discuss redshirting with a kid if that's what they plan to do with him.

Why is it any more "BS" to tell a kid he might not play right away then to tell him he will (which, I presume, is what you think NIU's stance is)?

U say --I don't see anywhere where he says it's a "bad" thing to play right away ---

how do you interpret this entire paragraph:

“Some kids want to play early and they don’t have that talent level,” said Williams, who had about 500 receiving yards and 9 touchdowns during his senior season. “Especially if you’re trying to get to the NFL, I want to stay in college as long as I can and find out if I’m good enough to go to the NFL than to play four straight years and you’re not even coping with the speed of the game in your freshman year because you haven’t practiced that much. You’ve just gone through the summer workouts and then all of sudden play.”

I interpret the above as Armand thinking that playing as a true freshman is a bad thing and will hurt his chances in the NFL. You go ahead and think he came up with that on his own right after a recruiting trip.

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/VERBAL LIST - UIHuskie - 12-28-2009 10:24 PM

Again, he doesn't say that playing right away is bad; he says that there are benefits to redshirting (like practice time and allowing time for adjustment to the speed), and he's right. There are advantages to doing so. Not every kid wants to do it, but nothing he said is ridiculous or untrue. If you aren't ready to play (and whether he is or not, I don't know), then playing immediately does you no good.

I just don't see why any of it is "BS" or "garbage". I don't care where he got the idea, that's really irrelevant, because even if it came from the Arkansas staff, I don't see what's "BS" about it. It's a reasonable position to take, and if it's one he is comfortable with, why wouldn't Arkansas discuss it with him?

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/VERBAL LIST - prairiedawg - 12-28-2009 10:38 PM

(12-28-2009 10:24 PM)UIHuskie Wrote:  Again, he doesn't say that playing right away is bad; he says that there are benefits to redshirting (like practice time and allowing time for adjustment to the speed), and he's right. There are advantages to doing so. Not every kid wants to do it, but nothing he said is ridiculous or untrue. If you aren't ready to play (and whether he is or not, I don't know), then playing immediately does you no good.

I just don't see why any of it is "BS" or "garbage". I don't care where he got the idea, that's really irrelevant, because even if it came from the Arkansas staff, I don't see what's "BS" about it. It's a reasonable position to take, and if it's one he is comfortable with, why wouldn't Arkansas discuss it with him?

We can call it whatever we want - it's recruiting and he has a lot of different people telling him "what is best for him."

No point debating the issue on whather playing as a true frosh is a positive or negative. You read the quote and arrive at whatever conclusion you prefer.

GO Huskies!!

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/VERBAL LIST - armour248 - 12-29-2009 11:37 AM

Just posted this in the "Greatest Recruiting Class?" thread but thought I'd mention it here.

Next year we should have a great shot at first place in the MAC West and we have winnable games against Illinois, Minnesota and Iowa State. Throw in a MACC and a good bowl berth/win and next year's class could be unbelievable. If we win 2/3 of those OOC games, beat ND, and go 6-2 or 7-1 in conference, I'd like to think we finish 8-4 (6-2) at worst.

We will have 20+ scholarships available next year right? I just find it interesting the way our schedule plays out for next year given the recruiting work Kill has done this year. I would think next years class will be a beast.

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/VERBAL LIST - goniu1523 - 12-29-2009 01:51 PM

(12-29-2009 11:37 AM)armour248 Wrote:  Just posted this in the "Greatest Recruiting Class?" thread but thought I'd mention it here.

Next year we should have a great shot at first place in the MAC West and we have winnable games against Illinois, Minnesota and Iowa State. Throw in a MACC and a good bowl berth/win and next year's class could be unbelievable. If we win 2/3 of those OOC games, beat ND, and go 6-2 or 7-1 in conference, I'd like to think we finish 8-4 (6-2) at worst.

We will have 20+ scholarships available next year right? I just find it interesting the way our schedule plays out for next year given the recruiting work Kill has done this year. I would think next years class will be a beast.

Not to mention having a Big 12 team (Kansas) coming to DeKalb and having a game or two in Soldier field may help recruiting local kids and having a chance to play on that field.

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/VERBAL LIST - armour248 - 12-29-2009 05:31 PM

(12-29-2009 01:51 PM)goniu1523 Wrote:  
(12-29-2009 11:37 AM)armour248 Wrote:  Just posted this in the "Greatest Recruiting Class?" thread but thought I'd mention it here.

Not to mention having a Big 12 team (Kansas) coming to DeKalb and having a game or two in Soldier field may help recruiting local kids and having a chance to play on that field.

Agreed. I want a 4 star next year...haha!

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/VERBAL LIST - goniu1523 - 12-30-2009 12:24 AM

Rumor is Ryan Mallett is leaning towards the NFL, I think this would help us get Armand Williams, since he was excited for the chance to play with him.

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/VERBAL LIST - 17Huskies - 12-30-2009 12:33 AM

(12-30-2009 12:24 AM)goniu1523 Wrote:  Rumor is Ryan Mallett is leaning towards the NFL, I think this would help us get Armand Williams, since he was excited for the chance to play with him.

Although it also looked like he would be red-shirted there so he would have missed out on actual games with Mallett anyways. I doubt it makes that big of difference.

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/VERBAL LIST - goniu1523 - 12-30-2009 12:37 AM

(12-30-2009 12:33 AM)17Huskies Wrote:  
(12-30-2009 12:24 AM)goniu1523 Wrote:  Rumor is Ryan Mallett is leaning towards the NFL, I think this would help us get Armand Williams, since he was excited for the chance to play with him.

Although it also looked like he would be red-shirted there so he would have missed out on actual games with Mallett anyways. I doubt it makes that big of difference.

I do agree that he would be redshirted; however, in a rivals article he was really excited to play with Ryan Mallett. I'm not saying it's a deal breaker, but it would be on the cons side of his pros and cons sheet.

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/VERBAL LIST - NIU1981 - 12-31-2009 01:05 AM

Florida running back Jawan Jamison is visiting NIU on January 15 and Rutgers the following week. He says "right now it's between Northern Illinois and Rutgers". Jawan, come to Running Back U!

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=3967416

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Jawan-Jamison-91539

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/Verbal List - Empurity - 12-31-2009 07:47 AM

(12-18-2009 01:45 PM)NIUSAE Wrote:  Have a new name on the radar.

Greg McKee (6-foot-7, 295 pounds), from Chicago King. Indicates an offer from UCONN and Eastern Michigan, with interest from Miami, Ohio State, Northwestern and NIU. NIU wants him to come in January for an official visit. Will be an early enrollee candidate. Set to graduate this month. He would then count against last years numbers.

One of those "sleeper" candidates.

Anybody have info?

Seems this guy is coming out the shadows lol. I was looking him up and found this on OHIO STATE FORUM

'10 IL OL Greg McKee

Greg McKee

Offensive tackle
Chicago King College Prep

Height: 6-foot-7
Weight: 295 lbs
Academics: 3.76 GPA, 22 ACT

Highlight Film:

http://www.gregorymckee.com/Gregory_McKee/Game_Film.html

Scout - Allen Trieu - 12/21/09
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=2&c=931110&ssf

Offered by Northern Illinois, Eastern Michigan, and UConn. Supposedly, Ohio State is starting to show some interest.

The article includes Trieu's analysis.

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/VERBAL LIST - niuco90 - 12-31-2009 08:14 AM

People are sniffing around our pledges. Noone can do that to our pledges only we can do that to our pledges.

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/VERBAL LIST - NIU05 - 12-31-2009 10:23 AM

(12-31-2009 01:05 AM)NIU1981 Wrote:  Florida running back Jawan Jamison is visiting NIU on January 15 and Rutgers the following week. He says "right now it's between Northern Illinois and Rutgers". Jawan, come to Running Back U!

....Noticed Rutgers has -3- Rbs committed. We have a good shot here, Rutgers may be out of schollys he may not have an offer there. Jawan J would be a solid addition.

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/VERBAL LIST - rabidawg900 - 12-31-2009 11:37 AM

The important thing is just getting players to visit our school and that's where they usually make their commitment.

Jan. 15th keeps growing more and more important as a potential coup of Florida players, all who might be swayed if we beat USF.

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/VERBAL LIST - armour248 - 12-31-2009 11:41 AM

(12-31-2009 01:05 AM)NIU1981 Wrote:  Florida running back Jawan Jamison is visiting NIU on January 15 and Rutgers the following week. He says "right now it's between Northern Illinois and Rutgers". Jawan, come to Running Back U!

High interest from Clemson, Rutgers and SC? This kid would be a great get. Other interest from Maryland, Connecticut, Illinois, Troy, Vanderbilt, and Wake Forest.

Remember Rutgers produced Ray Rice who is probably the best all-purpose running back in the league right now. Either way I'd love to see Jawan come up to NIU.

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/VERBAL LIST - armour248 - 12-31-2009 11:49 AM

Jawan Jamison

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZMhRFy7r7g

Start watching at 2:10

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/VERBAL LIST - pantone1935 - 12-31-2009 04:26 PM

(12-31-2009 11:49 AM)armour248 Wrote:  Jawan Jamison

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZMhRFy7r7g

Start watching at 2:10

Per Bill Buchalter's (highly regarded Florida recruiting guru of the Orlando Sentinel)he is rated 15th quarterback in state. Other Florida possible recruits mentioned earlier were not listed in his top 25 position rankings. This guy sounds like he would be good get.

GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!