CSNbbs
2010 Football Recruiting Thread/VERBAL LIST - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: MACbbs (/forum-513.html)
+---- Forum: Archives (/forum-462.html)
+----- Forum: Northern Illinois Archives (/forum-792.html)
+----- Thread: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/VERBAL LIST (/thread-351368.html)

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/Verbal List - rabidawg900 - 08-24-2009 01:45 PM

Another thing that we have to consider is the # of scholarships we may give to walk-on guys if they perform admirably this year.

Very likely candidates include: RG Joe Pawlak, DE Sean Progar & MLB Victor Jacques. That would drive us down to 10 schollies!

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/Verbal List - TheNEWguy - 08-24-2009 01:49 PM

(08-24-2009 01:45 PM)rabidawg900 Wrote:  Another thing that we have to consider is the # of scholarships we may give to walk-on guys if they perform admirably this year.

Very likely candidates include: RG Joe Pawlak, DE Sean Progar & MLB Victor Jacques. That would drive us down to 10 schollies!

Right on point there.

It's going to be a small class for sure which is going to give Kill the ability to wait around and hopefully land some bigger name guys. Probably the reason we are seeing so many local guys come off the board without and offer from us.

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/Verbal List - NIU05 - 08-24-2009 02:30 PM

Under the impression all -3- are on scholarship right now. They don't make an announcement every time a walk on gets money.

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/Verbal List - RitzHuskie - 08-24-2009 02:42 PM

The good news is based on the fall camp this year the February recruiting class looks to have been one of our strongest to date. We've read good things on Baxter, Kirkland, each of the receivers, as well as a few of the offensive and defensive linemen. So depending, we can probably wait on a few guys for their availability.

I would like to see more linemen and we can probably bring in 2 RB's as we have a few graduating after next year. A defensive back or two wouldn't hurt either I guess. I'm comfortable with where we are at WR, QB, DL, and Linebacker. The other areas may need some addressing.

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/Verbal List - TheNEWguy - 08-24-2009 03:11 PM

(08-24-2009 02:42 PM)RitzHuskie Wrote:  The good news is based on the fall camp this year the February recruiting class looks to have been one of our strongest to date. We've read good things on Baxter, Kirkland, each of the receivers, as well as a few of the offensive and defensive linemen. So depending, we can probably wait on a few guys for their availability.

I would like to see more linemen and we can probably bring in 2 RB's as we have a few graduating after next year. A defensive back or two wouldn't hurt either I guess. I'm comfortable with where we are at WR, QB, DL, and Linebacker. The other areas may need some addressing.

I'll agree that the Top of the class looks as strong as any we have ever had, the question with this class is going to end up being its depth. The WRs are looking good - but are the corners looking any good? Time will tell with that position as well as others.

And a lot of guys look great in fall camp and then don't really do much in real games.

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/Verbal List - NIU05 - 08-24-2009 05:06 PM

We need OLineman, DTs & corners after that the best players available.

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/Verbal List - TheNEWguy - 08-24-2009 05:16 PM

(08-24-2009 05:06 PM)NIU05 Wrote:  We need OLineman, DTs & corners after that the best players available.

We have 4 Freshman corners right now, 2 RS and 2 True. 3 Junior Corners. That's 7 corners for next season. (I didn't count the other smith or Kremer...but with them we'd have 9)

I'm not sure anything more than the 1 corner we currently have is really needed. Of course if there is skill out there then of course grab him up, but I think this class is going to end up being best available. I don't think Kill will, or should, focus on numbers this class.

As for our DTs we have 8 (without Jenkins or Krause) and 0 seniors. Is that really a "need"? Because we are going to have 9 maybe 10 next season with Jenkins (and maybe Krause) returning.

O line we have 11 (which isn't counting Skatrud or Adamski/Jason O) - that's a big number. A very young group but I don't think it's a need to bring in more young guys. Of course Kill will bring in a guy or 2 here, but if he doesn't I don't think it's a huge need.

Again with the numbers we have at each position it almost feels like it's going to be one of those times when Kill just goes for the gusto and grabs the best guys he can.

I'd say before we proclaim (like many are doing right now) that there is no talent on the O line/D Line you let the young guys actually play before you judge. They do have FBS football scholarships so maybe they can do something right...

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/Verbal List - TheNEWguy - 08-24-2009 05:19 PM

For those of you with Rivals subscriptions a new video has been posted of Mike Hellams.

He looks to be a real good one, 2 nice gets on the board so far!

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/Verbal List - NIU05 - 08-24-2009 05:50 PM

Oline you should have 15 on schollie, we will have -10- returning on schollie for 2010..... Corners we have trouble fielding -1-that can really play. Davis who is NOT 1st team may end up being our best corner and he has no experience. You can never have enough good corners, we have to keep looking. You're right on Dts, but Krause . his career is over and Jenkins I do not know what we will have there after the knee. Hopkins I have had high hopes for him, but I understand he is hurt again forgot the specifics sounded serious.

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/Verbal List - rabidawg900 - 08-24-2009 06:17 PM

We lose 2-3 OL to graduation, so we need to sign 3 OL in this class.

We also lose 4 guys at LB to graduation, so we should sign 3-4 LBs. Already addressed a little bit with the commitment of man-beast Hellams.

Safety is an important position to build for the future, as we lose Bryant and most players will be seniors next year.

Of course recruiting actual TE/FBs would be a good thing for this class as well.

Always could use another impact running back.

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/Verbal List - TheNEWguy - 08-24-2009 08:19 PM

(08-24-2009 06:17 PM)rabidawg900 Wrote:  We lose 2-3 OL to graduation, so we need to sign 3 OL in this class.

We also lose 4 guys at LB to graduation, so we should sign 3-4 LBs. Already addressed a little bit with the commitment of man-beast Hellams.

Safety is an important position to build for the future, as we lose Bryant and most players will be seniors next year.

Of course recruiting actual TE/FBs would be a good thing for this class as well.

Always could use another impact running back.

I think with the linebackers we loaded up quite a bit with walk ons, transfers and recruits in this past class. I'm not sure 3 to 4 is a need, maybe 1 more with hellams. If we are only working with around 13 offers it's going to be interesting to see what we do with them (we probably can't/won't sign a glut of any one position.)

Great point about the TE/FB thing - we don't really have a true fullback at all.

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/Verbal List - rabidawg900 - 08-25-2009 12:04 PM

We've got 3 guys considering us in the New Orleans Fab 50:

http://www.neworleans.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=197068&Itemid=2322

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/Verbal List - RitzHuskie - 08-25-2009 12:24 PM

(08-25-2009 12:04 PM)rabidawg900 Wrote:  We've got 3 guys considering us in the New Orleans Fab 50:

http://www.neworleans.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=197068&Itemid=2322

We will be lucky to get one of these. The center does sound intriguing as we need a big center going forward. Plus I'm not sure how many stars he has but I'm guessing he is around a 3 star athlete in the neighborhood of keeping up with CMU's and WMU's recruited linemen.

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/Verbal List - NIU05 - 08-25-2009 02:19 PM

Don't think we need a center per se , if we get one fine but not a requirement. If you recruit good athletic lineman you can move someone.It appears Volk & Wedgie will fight it out next year at center.WE do need 4-5 strong athletic lineman.

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/Verbal List - rabidawg900 - 08-25-2009 02:29 PM

(08-25-2009 02:19 PM)NIU05 Wrote:  Don't think we need a center per se , if we get one fine but not a requirement. If you recruit good athletic lineman you can move someone.It appears Volk & Wedgie will fight it out next year at center.WE do need 4-5 strong athletic lineman.

It seems like we're hitting the center position pretty hard. We've also offered this Indiana guy:

http://northernillinois.scout.com/a.z?s=352&p=8&c=1&nid=4341961

And here's Alex Hill's profile:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/pelicanpreps/football/recruiting/player-Alex-Hill-93999

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/Verbal List - NIU05 - 08-25-2009 02:43 PM

Could be , we s/b hitting that OL area hard. Hill is going to be an awfully tough get. He has a perfect profile for an OL recruit, lets hope Kill can sell sizzle.

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/Verbal List - TheNEWguy - 08-25-2009 03:06 PM

I think that this again proves that Kill IS going after linemen, he is just leaving Illinois. And there are a ton of guys out there we don't know about who have offers.

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/Verbal List - rabidawg900 - 08-25-2009 03:08 PM

Rivals just re-did their site and its awesome.

2 JUCO OL guys we're looking at:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-John-Caspers-98926
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Boen-Anderson-94220

I think it would be a good idea to offer the best offensive lineman on the best team in the state of Illinois this upcoming season:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Rocco-Ammons-99797

And I hope we get this guy just for his awesome name:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Tony-Hawk-96781

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/Verbal List - TheNEWguy - 08-25-2009 03:17 PM

Yeah i posted on those juco guys earlier, I thought it was interesting as well that we are thinking about them.

Rocco Ammons is a guy who I think would be a great addition to this class, I also think WWS is overrated!!!! (As they often are.)

It does seem as if Rocco is being ignored by the bigger schools so maybe I'm too high on him or they are playing the waiting game.

RE: 2010 Football Recruiting Thread/Verbal List - Huskie359 - 08-27-2009 09:06 AM

Hinsdale Central QB John Whitelaw

Is this someone NIU should be looking at?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/highschool/chi-27-foot-hinsdale-centralaug27,0,7733652.story