CSNbbs
Congratulations, Owls - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (http://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: ASunbbs (/forum-341.html)
+---- Forum: Atlantic Sun Team Talk (/forum-319.html)
+----- Forum: Kennesaw State (/forum-336.html)
+----- Thread: Congratulations, Owls (/thread-343053.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Congratulations, Owls - Goldfinger - 01-30-2009 02:12 PM

(01-30-2009 01:59 PM)Nick M Wrote:  Apparently, ETSU and this whole league proves you can exist in D-I and not be competitive at the highest level.

What is your point?

RE: Congratulations, Owls - Go Fly Win Owls! - 01-30-2009 02:14 PM

(01-30-2009 02:06 PM)kevster Wrote:  Touché

Gold ... I got news for ya: No matter how bad you hate Belmont and how bad you thought you got screwed and how bad you beat them at your place, y'all ain't going to the dance this year. It looks like Jacksonville to me.

BTW we beat FGCU and you lost to them, so how really good are you?03-puke

Not as good as you think.

RE: Congratulations, Owls - Goldfinger - 01-30-2009 02:20 PM

(01-30-2009 02:14 PM)Go, Fly, Win, Owls! Wrote:  
(01-30-2009 02:06 PM)kevster Wrote:  Touché

Gold ... I got news for ya: No matter how bad you hate Belmont and how bad you thought you got screwed and how bad you beat them at your place, y'all ain't going to the dance this year. It looks like Jacksonville to me.

BTW we beat FGCU and you lost to them, so how really good are you?03-puke

Not as good as you think.

You want us to respect your division 2 championship and yet you have to have other teams doing your fighting for you? This is not the path to respect my friend.

RE: Congratulations, Owls - Nick M - 01-30-2009 02:44 PM

(01-30-2009 02:12 PM)Goldfinger Wrote:  What is your point?

You come over to our boards and start ragging on us because we're obviously struggling this year and I want to point out that no one is doing exceptionally well because of our weak league. At least last year Belmont had some big wins and almost made it to the second round. I don't know that I see that happening this year.

Resting on the success of others is not something I want to do, but it is worth noting.

RE: Congratulations, Owls - KennesawBasketball - 01-30-2009 02:46 PM

(01-30-2009 01:30 PM)Goldfinger Wrote:  Go to the NCAA tournament and you will get some respect. Division II national championships are not going to be respected in Division 1 basketball....and if they were to be...why leave division II?

I will submit to you that you will not be in the NCAA tournament in your first full five years of unrestricted division 1 play.

I will submit that this prediction could very well come back to haunt you. We have already proven that we can beat anyone on a given night, and to be honest we haven't had all that much talent. Our guards our young and good, and our big men are being redshirted. That combination could very well mean a good chance in the ASun tournament in the next 3-4 years. I hate to think what kind of players Spencer Dixon and Kurtis Woods will be after 3 more years of college ball. We have some very young talent, and to be honest some talent that you haven't seen due to redshirting. We will be much improved next year, and once you get in a tournament anything can happen. It only takes 3 games to win it all. We are just dying to get in the tournament. We have been held out too long.

RE: Congratulations, Owls - adamsputnik - 01-30-2009 08:35 PM

I would've thought there'd be some rule about trolling on the team boards.

RE: Congratulations, Owls - Nick M - 01-30-2009 10:41 PM

Just general courtesy. It hasn't come down to banning before and this isn't really close for that drastic action. KB's on it if something totally off the wall happens.

For the most part these boards are pretty tame compared to many others, especially being a sports forum. I think that's why I like it so much.

RE: Congratulations, Owls - adamsputnik - 01-31-2009 12:21 AM

(01-30-2009 10:41 PM)Nick M Wrote:  Just general courtesy. It hasn't come down to banning before and this isn't really close for that drastic action. KB's on it if something totally off the wall happens.

For the most part these boards are pretty tame compared to many others, especially being a sports forum. I think that's why I like it so much.

I'd tend to agree that it's tame - comes down to a lack of traffic right now I guess. Still, I think general courtesy would also apply to not being a smartarse on a team board!

RE: Congratulations, Owls - KennesawBasketball - 01-31-2009 10:21 AM

Goldfinger is harmless. He is just trying to stir some stuff up, but he isn't personally attacking anyone on the boards or slandering our coaches or players. He is just talking some trash, no harm in that. The content of his posts will be enough in future years for his embarrassment.

RE: Congratulations, Owls - ETSUfan1 - 01-31-2009 02:38 PM

With North Florida's win last night, KSU is now dead last in the ASUN. Listen, I love your fans optimism, but some of you are definitely drinking the kool-aid. Sure, ETSU fans do too, and most every other teams fans. ETSU has never won a D2 national title because WEVE NEVER BEEN A D2 team.

KSU will improve over the next couple years, but I dont see them challenging for the title unless you pull in some unbelievable recruits.